PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Tigers vs. Rice Raiders (V-Squad)

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Said to be one of the biggest rivalries around this year. Rumor even has it that no one will be able to go over to the Wharton stands and vice versa for Wharton. Not even cheerleaders or band members. Cops are said to be walking the players into the field and have tight security everywhere. Anyone sure about all this nonsense?

Now more on the talk of that football game, both teams are pretty good, yet in different ways. Wharton's more of a passing game, and Rice tends to run the ball alot, so both teams will have to adapt to eachother in this last week. Anyways, Rice beat Wharton last year and its going to happen again this year. We've (RICE) beat Sweeny and nothing else stands in our way. This year we're going all the way to state!!!

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Insanity_Strikes_Again ]</small>

sharpie
11-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Wharton is a scary team to play. I think they are definitley underrated. If you guys defend the pass well you should win. However, don't take Wharton lightly and look ahead to the playoffs.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-05-2003, 08:31 PM
I think Rice has the passing game of Wharton well defended. Our starting cornerback is amazing. Stands with 6 or 7 interceptions for the year and can cover great. The other cornerback and free safety are pretty damn good too. Not sure on their stats, but I am pretty positive they'll get the job done.

sharpie
11-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Do you think your team can hang with Burnet?

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-05-2003, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't know. I know nothing about Burnet.

Speed24
11-05-2003, 08:46 PM
sharpie:
Do you think your team can hang with Burnet?There's no team in state that can play with Burnet. The only offense even close to putting up enough points would be Bellville..and they'd have it very very tough..Burnet is the real deal

sharpie
11-05-2003, 08:47 PM
at least your realistic....but I think Jasper is pretty good but like you said, Burnet is on top no doubt!

jason
11-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Insanity_Strikes_Again:
I wouldn't know. I know nothing about Burnet.dont take this the wrong way...BUT, if you know nothing about Burnet you dont know anything about 3A Football and should be ROM until you do your research...

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Keep in mind that Rice only lost to Bellville by 3 points, and that was because of our kicking game. No offense to anyone, but we weren't kicking the field goals needed like we usually do.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Insanity_Strikes_Again ]</small>

mwisnews
11-05-2003, 08:50 PM
I remember Burnet whipping the floor with Wharton. They held Burnet to 7-0 led until late in the second and second half. After that Burnet just rolled them. I can't wait until Monday when the brackets come out.

sharpie
11-05-2003, 08:57 PM
that was early in the season when players are uncondionted to play. Burnet would still beat Wharton now, but Wharton is not a stepping stone either.

bc 76
11-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Insanity Strikes Again what do you mean by rice beat sweeny,Wharton beat sweeny to 30-14 and rice beat sweeny 14-0 sweeny was lucky wharton din't put 40+ on them.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-05-2003, 09:05 PM
It means that Rice vs. Wharton should be a close game. Also, I heard that Needville beat Sweeny, but I don't know if its true. But I do know Rice beat Needville somewhere around 40+ to 10-.

bc 76
11-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Rice secondary must not be all that if bellville passed for over 300yds on rice db,you also have to remember wharton has tons of speed with there wr"s.I don't know the db you are talking probally the kid that plays rb to,he will really be tested by wharton's wr 6-3 210 4.6.Wharton will have there work cut out for them trying to slow down the rice running game really going to be a big challenge for the wharton defense.It will be a hard fought game bettween to very good teams team with the fewest turnovers wins this game.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-05-2003, 09:29 PM
I agree with you on the last part. It will be a well fought game and a great one to watch. I do just hope nothing gets started under the stands, or even worse, on the field.

CheerMom
11-05-2003, 11:21 PM
If Wharton's "big boy" upfront doesn't start his usual extra shoving after the play is dead, I think all will be okay on the field. If he starts to play dirty as he likes to do, then I'm afraid of what might happen. Emotions are running high right now. As far as the cheerleaders and bandmembers not being able to go to the Wharton side, that is true. I'm sure the boys will be on and off the field quick. It will be a hard fought battle, but I still pick my Raiders by 21.

Footballfan25
11-05-2003, 11:28 PM
Wharton does not have the discpline to beat Rice. they will fold under the pressure.
Rice 30 Wharton 12

bc 76
11-05-2003, 11:50 PM
CheerMom the big boy gets chopped blocked alot cause thats usually the only way you can block him,he had his best game against sweeny last week and he made the sweeny rb's pay dearly.Rice db's will have to play there A game cause if they don't wharton could run away with this game.I still think this game will be won with good special teams play and the team with the fewest turnovers wins.

RiverRatDad
11-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Rice will never get a chance to play Burnet, as Rice will go D2 and Wharton will go D1. Here's hoping none of the players or fans get stupid and we all get treated to a well played ballgame. Hopefully no one gets injured and both teams go represent the district well in the postseason. Good luck Tigers!

CowboyFan
11-06-2003, 12:22 AM
Yeah beating Sweeny wasn't some great act, yes Needville did beat Sweeny, and Sweeny is an ok team, no offence to anyone, but that isn't something I would brag about as being they great game Rice has won this season

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: CowboyFan ]</small>