PDA

View Full Version : The bowl games just don't matter

Emerson1
01-03-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/02/AR2009010200840.html?hpid=topnews

Great article.

cshscougar08
01-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
What's killed the bowl season for me is all the garbage that gets in due to there being so damned many games. Buffalo? Troy? Central Fin' Michigan? What the hell are these teams doing in bowl games? It used to mean something to get to a bowl game, now it doesn't mean much UNLESS you get to a BCS game.

Only some of those games kill it for me. But I remember watching as Southern Miss blocked the Troy field goal to win the game. And the players and the fans just went ballistic. They didn't care they were in the lowest payout bowl game. They didn't care that no one cared about them winning. They were ecstatic about winning and for me, that's what college football is all about. The sheer joy of competition. Young men getting out there on that field and doing what they love to do: play football. Yes you can say that there may be a couple too many bowl games. But by golly they are sure fun to watch. College football at its finest.