PDA

View Full Version : Utah Utes National Champions

Rabid Cougar
01-02-2009, 11:34 PM
13-0

trojan37
01-02-2009, 11:46 PM
The OU-Florida matchup means nothing to me now. Utah should be national champs. PLAYOFF!

JasperDog94
01-02-2009, 11:46 PM
If we have learned anything this year it is that beating somebody by more points than somebody else makes you better than them. aka...style points. If Florida beats OU, then Utah should be National Champs since they beat Alabama by 14 and Florida only beat them by 11.

14>11...but then again 45>35 and we all know how that turned out.

JasperDog94
01-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
USC=Best Team Ever!

USC = Undisputed Sportscenter Champions;)

Astrosdawg07
01-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

Now that's good right there! :clap:

goosealaniz
01-03-2009, 01:12 AM
there should be an 8 team playoff... and between all the weeks they can still have bowl games for all of the teams that were not up to snuff that year... thats how i see it... everyone gets what they want... playoffs and bowl games...

trojan37
01-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Here is my undisputed National Champion, forever.........................

http://www.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/cheerleaders4.jpg

trojan37
01-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I think the only fair way to do it is to set it up like the UIL does it. Blow the whole thing up and divide the schools into conferences. Take the winner of each conference and have a playoff. Then, every few years, blow it all up again and realign the conferences.

Aren't they already divided into conferences?:confused:

goosealaniz
01-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by trojan37

im with this guy... :D

WTF-82
01-03-2009, 01:38 AM
I totally agree even though at this time dont think anyone can beat the Trojans. But you gots to love and respect what Utah did they beat some really good teams this year 6 bowl teams including a SEC power this is our college football cinderella and they won the tournanment give those kids what they deserve. Specially after winning a big BCS game. Would be different if I saw them beat Cincinatti or Ohio St. But they beat a great Alabama team and really took it to them.

Its a shame for the Utah Program to go undefeated twice this decade and not even get the AP vote.

Bull Butter
01-03-2009, 02:07 AM
If we have learned anything this year it is that beating somebody by more points than somebody else makes you better than them. aka...style points. If Florida beats OU, then Utah should be National Champs since they beat Alabama by 14 and Florida only beat them by 11.

14>11...but then again 45>35 and we all know how that turned out.

33-39

65-21

we all know how that turned out

IHStangFan
01-03-2009, 02:09 AM
USC = Undisputed Sportscenter Champions;) LOL!!! awesome.

Orange Defense
01-03-2009, 04:14 AM

USC = Brent Musburger Boner...:D

BAD OD BAD!!!!:doh:

Eagle1
01-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
there should be an 8 team playoff... and between all the weeks they can still have bowl games for all of the teams that were not up to snuff that year... thats how i see it... everyone gets what they want... playoffs and bowl games...

I like your idea. I have said the same thing, maybe they should put us in charge of the BCS. Oh never mind we may have too much common sense to be a part of this group:)

Looking4number8
01-03-2009, 09:24 AM

That's Great. You should make it your signature!

Lion_Addict
01-03-2009, 09:39 AM

Heck yeah!!! :clap: :clap:
Just makes ya wanna "HOOK 'EM" :devil: :D

turbostud
01-03-2009, 09:59 AM

You gotta love chics in chaps!

ILS1
01-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Great job Utes!!!! They definitely deserved it last night!!! They beat a great well coached team!!! I think they deserve a shot!! Let's put them in the Pac-10 and kick out Washington or Washington State. Same for TCU,put them in the Big XII North and kick out Iowa State!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Rabid Cougar
01-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Great job Utes!!!! They definitely deserved it last night!!! They beat a great well coached team!!! I think they deserve a shot!! Let's put them in the Pac-10 and kick out Washington or Washington State. Same for TCU,put them in the Big XII North and kick out Iowa State!!!!
:D :D :D :D

TCU in BIG XII would be a major blow to most every program in the country..

Why do you think there is not a BCS school in DFW and Houston now????

Phil C
01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
You have to remember that Utah had much success on defense mainly because Alabama suspended their top offensive lineman who really was innocent of wrong doing. His blocking would have made the difference. It cost Bama the bowl game with Utah.

LH Panther Mom
01-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You have to remember that Utah had much success on defense mainly because Alabama suspended their top offensive lineman who really was innocent of wrong doing.
Innocent? :confused: :doh: :doh:

BleedOrange
01-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
I like your idea. I have said the same thing, maybe they should put us in charge of the BCS. Oh never mind we may have too much common sense to be a part of this group:)

16 team playoff with each bracket game being a bowl game. 15 bowl games for the playoffs in total. Lesser bowl games get the first round and the larger bowl games rotate for the quarters, semis and final. I realize that there are still too many bowl games but the remaining bowl games could still be held and rotate some of those bowls into the first round of the playoffs every other year. This would also keep the teams playing and not have the ridiculous long layoff between the end of the season and the bowl games.

JasperDog94
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
16 team playoff with each bracket game being a bowl game. 15 bowl games for the playoffs in total. Lesser bowl games get the first round and the larger bowl games rotate for the quarters, semis and final. I realize that there are still too many bowl games but the remaining bowl games could still be held and rotate some of those bowls into the first round of the playoffs every other year. This would also keep the teams playing and not have the ridiculous long layoff between the end of the season and the bowl games. Best idea yet. The only thing I might modify is have the first round of the playoffs at the home of the top 8 seeds. Then the rest could be bowls.

Who-dun-it!!?
01-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Best idea yet. The only thing I might modify is have the first round of the playoffs at the home of the top 8 seeds. Then the rest could be bowls.

Great Wisdom being spoken here tonight!!

UTAH is my unofficial National Champion as well!!

WTF-82
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You have to remember that Utah had much success on defense mainly because Alabama suspended their top offensive lineman who really was innocent of wrong doing. His blocking would have made the difference. It cost Bama the bowl game with Utah.

Well that does not matter to me. Its kind of like NCAA BBall tourney survive till the final 4 and u have a shot you must survive though upsets will happen and injuries and discipline are a big part of it.

If Lobo QB would of stayed healthy in the Playoff game we lost we would had stayed alive but we didnt did not survive. Part of the game.

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Utah out of sight, out of mind (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-utah010509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Black_Magic
01-05-2009, 03:04 PM
The OU-Florida matchup means nothing to me now. Utah should be national champs. PLAYOFF! I would Agree IF and only IF they had a stronger schedule. Look, I think its simple folks. IF the Utes had played a OSU, Pen State, USC, Texas this season prior to playing Alabama then I would agree. the only other team they beat that you could consider a top 15 team is TCU. Not to take anything away from the frogs but if your gona say you diserve to be the national champion, you should have a record of dificult wins to prove it. I believe Texas, OU, And USC one loss record are more impressive considering who they each played. Take a look at Texas , OU and USC, Schedule. Texas played OU, OSU, Tech, Mizzo, and TCU I believe. Who did Utha play prior to Alabama? nearyl nobody except TCU.

waterboy
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM

They definitely get my vote!:thumbsup:

carter08
01-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I would Agree IF and only IF they had a stronger schedule. Look, I think its simple folks. IF the Utes had played a OSU, Pen State, USC, Texas this season prior to playing Alabama then I would agree. the only other team they beat that you could consider a top 15 team is TCU. Not to take anything away from the frogs but if your gona say you diserve to be the national champion, you should have a record of dificult wins to prove it. I believe Texas, OU, And USC one loss record are more impressive considering who they each played. Take a look at Texas , OU and USC, Schedule. Texas played OU, OSU, Tech, Mizzo, and TCU I believe. Who did Utha play prior to Alabama? nearyl nobody except TCU.

They beat 14th ranked BYU. Beat an 8-4 Oregon State team. Beat #12 TCU. Beat #4 Alabama. Maybe it isn't as impressive as Texas or Florida or Oklahoma's schedules, but they did go undefeated and beat 3 ranked teams.

JasperDog94
01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by carter08
They beat 14th ranked BYU. Beat an 8-4 Oregon State team. Beat #12 TCU. Beat #4 Alabama. Maybe it isn't as impressive as Texas or Florida or Oklahoma's schedules, but they did go undefeated and beat 3 ranked teams. They beat a total of 6 bowl teams.