PDA

View Full Version : I need electronics/computer/nerd help!

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok, so I'm trying to get my Panasonic BMD-BD35 (Blu Ray Player) connected to the internet for firmware updates and BD Live access, but I can't run a cable from the box to my Fios router. There is a LAN plug in the back for me to run a wire, but I'd have to cross several rooms and probably a hundred feet of cord just to plug it in.

I did some research on some hi-tech forums, and they said you could get a wireless adapter to plug into the player depending on whether you had an N or B type router, which is where my mind got totally blown. :crazy1: I'm guessing it would just plug into the LAN jack in the back?

So does anybody out there know how to set one up in dummy terms, and how to figure out if I have the right type of router that would work with it, and what I'd need to buy to make it work?

I have WiFi in my house from Fios and have my Wii and Laptop connected with no problems.

Jason, Emerson, TMer, anybody?

Emerson1
01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Download this (http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vSupportDownloadDetail?idval=UCM_STG_CNT_030199&ModelNumber=DMP-BD35K&productTitle=DMP-BD35+Firmware+Update&contentType=Software+Download&storeId=15001)

Put it on an empty USB drive. Put USB drive into player without a disc, should read it and install it.

That is what I did with my BR player at least.

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Download this (http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vSupportDownloadDetail?idval=UCM_STG_CNT_030199&ModelNumber=DMP-BD35K&productTitle=DMP-BD35+Firmware+Update&contentType=Software+Download&storeId=15001)

Put it on an empty USB drive. Put USB drive into player without a disc, should read it and install it.

That is what I did with my BR player at least.

I tried burning that onto a CD yesterday, and it said "unsupport", which according to the website, should only happen if you have a more recent version already on your player, but according to my setup, I'm only on version 1.3 right now. That's why I'm trying to figure out how to get the WiFi.

Emerson1
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Try it on a USB

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Do I have to download and install the 1.4 before it will install the 1.5?

TMer25
01-02-2009, 06:07 PM
No the 1.5 update will include all the previous ones as well. Good Blu Ray player choice by the way

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
No the 1.5 update will include all the previous ones as well. Good Blu Ray player choice by the way

I actually got it for free with a TV from StarPower in Dallas. I didn't know how nice it was until I started reading about it. Seems like it's considered one of the tops right now.

TMer25
01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah it's definitely the bang for the buck king currently. If you still have problems updating the firmware you can also call Panasonic and they will send you a disc.

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2009, 06:21 PM
So, is my question about trying to get the player WiFi ready really not worth the trouble? I don't know much about BD Live, but it seems that most new releases have it but you have to have your player connected to the internet to use it.

TMer25
01-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Me personally I don't ever see myself using any of the BD-Live stuff. If all you primarily do is watch the movie and not really mess with the special features you will not miss not having BD Live.