PDA

View Full Version : Mother takes photo of 'angel' in hospital as daughter on life- support makes miraculo

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2009, 07:56 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1101394/Mother-takes-photo-angel-hospital-daughter-life-support-makes-miraculous-recovery.html

thoughts?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/24/article-0-02E339C5000005DC-332_468x348.jpg

King_LeYoeNidas
01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/PocketDominatrix/Cat%20Macros/FACEPALM.jpg

DDBooger
01-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I saw Charles Bronson burned on my tamale once. True Story

Looking4number8
01-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1101394/Mother-takes-photo-angel-hospital-daughter-life-support-makes-miraculous-recovery.html

thoughts?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/24/article-0-02E339C5000005DC-332_468x348.jpg

I don't know if the picture is an angel or glare, but I definitely believe in the power of prayer and that is what healed the baby!

zebrablue2
01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I don't know if the picture is an angel or glare, but I definitely believe in the power of prayer and that is what healed the baby!

:iagree:

Necks_Fan
01-01-2009, 11:27 PM
A miracle may have happened, but anything is possible with photoshop.... or it could have been a glare.... or it could be an angel. Who knows?

Nothing really to show that is definitively an angel though.

Big Papa
01-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
A miracle may have happened, but anything is possible with photoshop.... or it could have been a glare.... or it could be an angel. Who knows?

what exactly are you looking for to show it definitely was an angel?

Txbroadcaster
01-02-2009, 12:04 AM

uhh what does an Angel look like so we can know what to look for

kepdawg
01-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh what does an Angel look like so we can know what to look for

Angels (NOTE: Sometimes Angels may be wearing less clothing)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EnAKPRkgEAM/SF-lg5f9xhI/AAAAAAAAATg/4u5u-GQ0oqk/s1600/victorias-secret-angels-2.jpg

Txbroadcaster
01-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Angels (NOTE: Sometimes Angels may be wearing less clothing)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EnAKPRkgEAM/SF-lg5f9xhI/AAAAAAAAATg/4u5u-GQ0oqk/s1600/victorias-secret-angels-2.jpg

so they look like red x?

creepy

S_Tex_3A_Fan
01-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
:iagree:

me tooooooooo

Farmersfan
01-02-2009, 09:08 AM

Just out of curiosity, what would make you believe that the "power of prayer" is what healed this baby. You don't think the doctors and actual medicine had anything to do with it?

Necks_Fan
01-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Big Papa
what exactly are you looking for to show it definitely was an angel? Not realy sure because like TXB said, we don;t know what they look like.

But if we don't know what they look like then why was this titled "mother takes photo of an angel"?

I'm saying that we don't know for sure what it was.

Looking4number8
01-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Just out of curiosity, what would make you believe that the "power of prayer" is what healed this baby. You don't think the doctors and actual medicine had anything to do with it?

Man, that's the easiest question I have ever been asked on here. I know and understand the downlow rules specify against discussing religion and politics but I can not be directly asked a question like that and back away just because I want to talk a little about football and softball on a web site.

I believe in the BIBLE! I also believe the "power of prayer" has everything to do with everything! Yes it has a lot to do with the healing of this little baby. the hand of the Lord was there. Without the prayer, this world we live in would be a sad and horrible place.

I do believe that the doctors had a great deal to do with the healing of this child also. I believe God gave us the knowledge to heal with medicine.

That is it in a nutshell. If I get banned for expressing my believes I will take it like a man.... a Christian man. Sorry for breaking rules, but better to break the rules of the downlow than breaking the rules of the Bible.

I_DONT_CARE
01-02-2009, 09:49 AM
But if we don't know what they look like then why was this titled "mother takes photo of an angel"?

WHO WOULD READ IT IF IT SAID "MOTHER TAKES PHOTO OF GLARE"?

BEAST
01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Man, that's the easiest question I have ever been asked on here. I know and understand the downlow rules specify against discussing religion and politics but I can not be directly asked a question like that and back away just because I want to talk a little about football and softball on a web site.

I believe in the BIBLE! I also believe the "power of prayer" has everything to do with everything! Yes it has a lot to do with the healing of this little baby. the hand of the Lord was there. Without the prayer, this world we live in would be a sad and horrible place.

I do believe that the doctors had a great deal to do with the healing of this child also. I believe God gave us the knowledge to heal with medicine.

That is it in a nutshell. If I get banned for expressing my believes I will take it like a man.... a Christian man. Sorry for breaking rules, but better to break the rules of the downlow than breaking the rules of the Bible.

AMEN!!!!!!!

BEAST

Farmersfan
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Looking4number8
Without the prayer, this world we live in would be a sad and horrible place.

Why would you believe this? I'm not questioning your believe in God or the existance of God. I'm asking about the irony of the idea that Prayer is needed...........If you truly believe in God then wouldn't you also have to believe that God knows what is in your heart and therefore the idea of prayer contradicts that? Not only should God know your desires for the healing of this poor sick child but God would know this previous to the child even becoming ill. To assume God would allow the illness of this child just to prompt the prayers is painting God with a very unappealling brush. If you assume this is part of God's plan then you also have to assume the ill child being healed is part of his original plan so the prayers are not significant or needed. Unless you believe God refused or withheld healing of the child pending prayer or worship? That would indicate God was holding the health of this child ransom for prayers. Is it your God that would do this????? Not mine!
Do you believe that prayers could exist solely for the purpose of helping the person doing the praying cope with extreme situations and have no actual bearing on the events taking place?

TxRedneck13
01-02-2009, 12:05 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMEN TO THAT

Macarthur
01-02-2009, 12:09 PM

This may or may not be true, but my question to all of these types of stories is what about the other hundreds of babies that died that day in other parts of the world whose parents prayed just as hard or harder.

To me, it just doesn't make sense.

What about the the Israeli or Arabic baby whose parents prayed to their God very hard and the baby survived?

There was actually a study done in 06 that suggests that those that know they are being prayed for, do worse during medical recoveries.

http://web.med.harvard.edu/sites/RELEASES/html/3_31STEP.html

Look, I'm not trying to throw cold water on what is a great story about the girl getting well. I just think it's a tenuous discussion when you start talking about God making some well and "choosing" to not make some well. If you're on the positive end, great, but if you end up on the negative end, where do you put that?

Looking4number8
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM

Why would you believe this? I'm not questioning your believe in God or the existance of God. I'm asking about the irony of the idea that Prayer is needed...........If you truly believe in God then wouldn't you also have to believe that God knows what is in your heart and therefore the idea of prayer contradicts that? Not only should God know your desires for the healing of this poor sick child but God would know this previous to the child even becoming ill. To assume God would allow the illness of this child just to prompt the prayers is painting God with a very unappealling brush. If you assume this is part of God's plan then you also have to assume the ill child being healed is part of his original plan so the prayers are not significant or needed. Unless you believe God refused or withheld healing of the child pending prayer or worship? That would indicate God was holding the health of this child ransom for prayers. Is it your God that would do this????? Not mine!
Do you believe that prayers could exist solely for the purpose of helping the person doing the praying cope with extreme situations and have no actual bearing on the events taking place?

I am no pastor. I can not answer your doubts. But I do and will always believe in God and the power of prayer. Speaking of that, I will pray that you are able to find the answers you are looking for. I mean that in no disrespect, only in a true hope for you to find your answers.

Buckeye1980
01-02-2009, 12:47 PM

:iagree: :iagree:

eagles_victory
01-02-2009, 01:23 PM

That is it in a nutshell. If I get banned for expressing my believes I will take it like a man.... a Christian man. Sorry for breaking rules, but better to break the rules of the downlow than breaking the rules of the Bible. "No need to start a holy war in here Harris"

icu812
01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Saw a story on this on the news. They said the photo was a still shot taken from a security camera placed in the hallway. Nobody in the room and the child recovered shortly thereafter. Amazing story.

Farmersfan
01-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I am no pastor. I can not answer your doubts. But I do and will always believe in God and the power of prayer. Speaking of that, I will pray that you are able to find the answers you are looking for. I mean that in no disrespect, only in a true hope for you to find your answers.

I don't think it is a question of belief or doubts. It's a question of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4.
It's not a question for God or a pastor. It's a question for you about a statement you made. As a reasoning, thinking person (which is a trait God gave you) you must have a foundation for your belief that Prayer is needed. I simply pointed out that it seems to me to feel that prayers are answered goes against all the OTHER aspects of God we generally believe in. Logic prevents us from having it both ways. (Logic is also a gift from God)
Example: By saying you will "pray that I find the answers I am looking for" aren't you also saying that God will not give me the answers unless you pray for him to? Or that God isn't aware that you want me to have the answers so you need to tell him? Or that you disregard the fact that GOD has decided that I will not have the answers and you will ask him to give them to me anyway? Bottom line is that you can't have a knowledge that God is in all things and all things are within his plan but then claim that a prayer to God influences events as they unfold. A God that is all things would have already accounted for the prayers or lack of............... Just a thought.

Bullaholic
01-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't think it is a question of belief or doubts. It's a question of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4.
It's not a question for God or a pastor. It's a question for you about a statement you made. As a reasoning, thinking person (which is a trait God gave you) you must have a foundation for your belief that Prayer is needed. I simply pointed out that it seems to me to feel that prayers are answered goes against all the OTHER aspects of God we generally believe in. Logic prevents us from having it both ways. (Logic is also a gift from God)
Example: By saying you will "pray that I find the answers I am looking for" aren't you also saying that God will not give me the answers unless you pray for him to? Or that God isn't aware that you want me to have the answers so you need to tell him? Or that you disregard the fact that GOD has decided that I will not have the answers and you will ask him to give them to me anyway? Bottom line is that you can't have a knowledge that God is in all things and all things are within his plan but then claim that a prayer to God influences events as they unfold. A God that is all things would have already accounted for the prayers or lack of............... Just a thought.

Perhaps the text of the following prayer will help to explain how and why Christians rely on their faith to help sustain them in trying and inexplicable situations which are beyond their understanding:

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Looking4number8
01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
It's not a question for God or a pastor. It's a question for you about a statement you made. As a reasoning, thinking person (which is a trait God gave you) you must have a foundation for your belief that Prayer is needed.

For me it is simple, the Bible, God tells us to pray, so I pray.

Bullaholic
01-02-2009, 02:50 PM

My personal thought on religion---I'll discuss religion with everybody, but I won't argue religion with anybody.

DDBooger
01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
too many people praying to different gods. just another way to judge people. I don't like religion, but I have faith. I don't need a medium to God. I believe he watches, free will was his gift, I don't pray, I act!

rockdale80
01-02-2009, 03:23 PM

BINGO!!

I still pray though.

Farmersfan
01-02-2009, 04:06 PM

I understand the idea. But the poor misguided men who flew those planes into the WTC also did what they thought their God wanted them to do. Do you consider your religious instruction to have more merit than theirs?

But that's not my point. My point is that contradiction should prove as a fault in the instruction.

Looking4number8
01-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Do you consider your religious instruction to have more merit than theirs?

Yes

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2009, 04:32 PM
But the poor misguided men who flew those planes into the WTC also did what they thought their God wanted them to do.

nm :mad:

Farmersfan
01-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes

And if asked the same question they would respond the same way. It's a question of what you have been taught. You will accept the writtings of your God as the unquestioned truth but reject the writings of their God as bogus without even batting an eye. Why? The Bible? Well they have a Bible too! Why would you be arrogant enough to assume GOD would give you his word but not them??????? Why would you be so self absorbed to assume that the message you are being taught about God is correct and theirs isn't? I don't mean you personally but people in general. The only logical answer is that the true message of God in buried in the writings of both somewhere but has been polluted so badly with personal perspective and interpretation that we can't possibly know it. But that's jsut my opinion........

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I think that at this point it's best if this topic were taken up in PMs rather than the open forum.

Looking4number8
01-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Why would you be arrogant enough to assume GOD would give you his word but not them??????? Why would you be so self absorbed to assume that the message you are being taught about God is correct and theirs isn't?

Reread both our post. I am not the one being assuming, arrogant and self absorbed. I have only answered your questions openly and honestly. You continue to try to throw a wrench in my faith and believes.

Give me the true test of faith. Hold a gun to me and tell me I have to change my believes to live another minute... It will not happen. I live and will die by my believes, you seem to live by your doubts, but that is not for me to judge.

I have attempted to respond to your questions with out criticizing your believes (or lack or them) because this is not the place. I will not judge you because that is not my place. However, I will tell you that I do feel sorry for you. I am sure you do not want my sympathy but it is there regardless. I am sorry that you did not have my parents who were true and wholesome. If you had, you would believe as I believe. Again I do not mean to criticize your or your family. I am only telling you the wise man built his house upon a rock and a rock is where my house is built!

Whether you want this or not............. GOD BLESS YOU!

TheDOCTORdre
01-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Why would you be arrogant enough to assume GOD would give you his word but not them??????? B]

oh but He has given them His word, its just up to them to choose to accept it. but nonetheless i digress this isnt what i wanted to address initially,

[B]Why would you believe this? I'm not questioning your believe in God or the existance of God. I'm asking about the irony of the idea that Prayer is needed...........If you truly believe in God then wouldn't you also have to believe that God knows what is in your heart and therefore the idea of prayer contradicts that? Not only should God know your desires for the healing of this poor sick child but God would know this previous to the child even becoming ill. To assume God would allow the illness of this child just to prompt the prayers is painting God with a very unappealling brush. If you assume this is part of God's plan then you also have to assume the ill child being healed is part of his original plan so the prayers are not significant or needed. Unless you believe God refused or withheld healing of the child pending prayer or worship? That would indicate God was holding the health of this child ransom for prayers. Is it your God that would do this????? Not mine!

God does kow the desires of our heart, and yet prayer is needed because if God just instantly granted the desires of our heart without asking, we would see no need for dependance on him we would just be like "oh look what happened." I appreciate you're arguement/topic I really dont want to call it an arguement because I dont feel like you are just out trying to pick a fight but as you said we have logic and logic does produce these questions. Now as far as God holding the childs health for "prayer ransom" I wouldnt necessarily call it that but it is in a way exactly that... God has a purpose for everything and when we as humans are faced with crisis, when we pray and he comes through more honor and glory is brought to Him, and hopefully more people are brought to him...I hope I have helped to answer your questions