PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat1's New Years Resolution. Good Bye!

bobcat1
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I want to say it has been fun posting with and meeting a lot of you posters. Today I realized I am 52 years old and it is time to move on to do other things in my life. My last son of 4 boys is going to college and is playing college ball. I love the raising of my boys and never missed a sporting event in their lives unless my work forced it. I truly enjoyed them all.

The back and forth during the season was always a lot of fun especially with my friends in Liberty Hill, Sweetwater, Snyder, Gilmer, Abilene ......ETC. A few on here I would still love to meet and maybe just maybe I will soon. My friends in Celina it is an honor to know you and to meet all of you I have.

The only regret I have is ever posting my son's words on this website. I have been ridiculed for it daily since. It is my own best interest I self- impose this ban on me now. Good Luck to all and Happy New Year! :wave:

Emerson1
01-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Eh. You'll be back

Orange Defense
01-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Well............Goodbye....:D

Necks_Fan
01-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Eh. You'll be back Yep. I give him 6 days.

Orange Defense
01-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Can I have your # of post?????:D

eagles_victory
01-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh happy day!:D

Looking4number8
01-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I want to say it has been fun posting with and meeting a lot of you posters. Today I realized I am 52 years old and it is time to move on to do other things in my life. My last son of 4 boys is going to college and is playing college ball. I love the raising of my boys and never missed a sporting event in their lives unless my work forced it. I truly enjoyed them all.

The back and forth during the season was always a lot of fun especially with my friends in Liberty Hill, Sweetwater, Snyder, Gilmer, Abilene ......ETC. A few on here I would still love to meet and maybe just maybe I will soon. My friends in Celina it is an honor to know you and to meet all of you I have.

The only regret I have is ever posting my son's words on this website. I have been ridiculed for it daily since. It is my own best interest I self- impose this ban on me now. Good Luck to all and Happy New Year! :wave:

Hey Brother,

Don't let these young punks run you off. I am 47, my youngest daughter will graduate this year and I don't plan on going anywhere. Stick around, some of us fellow old farts got your back. Guess we should have some call like the cartoon hero's...

"Old farts Unite!!!!"

skins4life
01-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Re: Bobcat1's New Years Resolution. Good Bye!

quote:Originally posted by bobcat1

The only regret I have is ever posting my son's words on this website. I have been ridiculed for it daily since. It is my own best interest I self- impose this ban on me now. Good Luck to all and Happy New Year!

Hey Brother,

Don't let these young punks run you off. I am 47, my youngest daughter will graduate this year and I don't plan on going anywhere. Stick around, some of us fellow old farts got your back. Guess we should have some call like the cartoon hero's...

"Old farts Unite!!!!"

I'm with Looking4number8 Bobcat1, I'm 48 and my youngest is a senior and off to college next year but I'll be here to check on everyone. You do what you have to do. You're always welcome to come to Snyder and play golf at the Sammy Baugh golf course with me and DaHop72.

N4SIR
01-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Hell -- I'm 48 as well and I sure as heck don't consider myself old. Folks in our age range probably know more about football than most of the young punks on this site. Hang in there. Never give up!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
01-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Well I am 48 and a texas highschool football nut. I love the kids and the game. I will stick around an you will be back i bet.

Phil C
01-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm the oldest one that posts here and I get along with everyone basically. :)
Don't leave. Go with the flow man! :)

Besides the Tour de France of 2009 starts in July!! Excitement indeed!

ronwx5x
01-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I'm the oldest one that posts here and I get along with everyone basically. :)
Don't leave. Go with the flow man! :)

Although I don't post too often, and usually only in my curmudgeon role, you, Phil, are not even close to being the oldest poster. 12/29/1944!:cool:

Old Green
01-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1

The only regret I have is ever posting my son's words on this website. I have been ridiculed for it daily since. It is my own best interest I self- impose this ban on me now. Good Luck to all and Happy New Year! :wave: Stick around Bobcat 1. You're a high school football fan like the rest of us old Geezers. You don't have to have kids in school to post here. Just be a fan of the kids and the schools you support.;)

I_DONT_CARE
01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
OH HOORAY. :rolleyes:

Phil C
01-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
OH HOORAY. :rolleyes:

Good news indeed!!

Looking4number8
01-02-2009, 05:34 PM
So should all of us old farts PM bobcat1 and tell him to come back.

Again I say... "Old farts Unite!"

DaHop72
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Re: Bobcat1's New Years Resolution. Good Bye!

quote:Originally posted by bobcat1

You're always welcome to come to Snyder and play golf at the Sammy Baugh golf course with me and DaHop72. :thumbsup: Green fees on us but you will have to ride with me. skins4life has a really ugly bag and a really ugly seat cover that would break you out in hives if you rode with him. :devil: :devil:

skins4life
01-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thumbsup: Green fees on us but you will have to ride with me. skins4life has a really ugly bag and a really ugly seat cover that would break you out in hives if you rode with him. :devil: :devil:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

It's only ugly to you because your favorite colors are this pukey looking blue and silver!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

block&tackle
01-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
So should all of us old farts PM bobcat1 and tell him to come back.

Again I say... "Old farts Unite!"

You will have to trust me on this - it wasn't the old fart thing that will keep him away. It is the fact that some rules don't seem to apply to certain people and he is a big man that would rather not find himself day-dreaming about beating the crap out of anyone. He won't come back, and at least one of you needs know that this semi-anonymity thing works both ways - sometimes you have no idea who you are messing with.

Since nobody with any authority seems to want to address this: The person that I am refering to (and you know who you are) needs to know that it is unacceptable for someone to ridicule a kid - even doubly so when you are doing it to his father. You have no idea what the situation is behind the scenes and how sensitive the subject might be. But to keep it up after he asked you to stop is inexcusable.

Pick6
01-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Since nobody with any authority seems to want to address this: The person that I am refering to (and you know who you are) needs to know that it is unacceptable for someone to ridicule a kid - even doubly so when you are doing it to his father. You have no idea what the situation is behind the scenes and how sensitive the subject might be. But to keep it up after he asked you to stop is inexcusable.

Sure he knows the situation, he knows everything, just ask him. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
01-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
You will have to trust me on this - it wasn't the old fart thing that will keep him away. It is the fact that some rules don't seem to apply to certain people and he is a big man that would rather not find himself day-dreaming about beating the crap out of anyone. He won't come back, and at least one of you needs know that this semi-anonymity thing works both ways - sometimes you have no idea who you are messing with.

Well, I will address it because really I'm sick of BOTH parties acting like a bunch of freaking babies!

No one on this board would have had ANY clue who JR2004 was talking about in his signature but Bobcat1 had to announce to EVERYONE who & what it was about.

JR2004 signature is NOT against the rules of this board.

Bobcat1 put that post out there, just like anyone else who has been quoted on this board.

JR2004 eliminated any hint of who or what his signature might have been about.

Again, it was Bobcat1 who called attention to it by posting a thread about it on the open forum and continues to do so.

As far as I'm concerned it is a non issue and if anyone has any other feelings or opinions on the matter, they can be addressed via PM!