PDA

View Full Version : how does every one feel about marlinAFTER THE LOSSTO UNIVERSITY FRIDAY NIGHT

marlinbulldog
09-08-2002, 03:31 PM
well i know every one has heard the score from the game. marlin played good at times but the secondary had its bad times.so whats your opinion

eye of the tiger
09-08-2002, 04:11 PM
I mentioned in another post that one loss this early does not end the season. Same goes for Marlin. You will be back.

Chris Hart
09-08-2002, 04:44 PM
University is a quality team.A loss to them is nothing to hang your heads about.Marlin will be fine.

mwynn05
09-08-2002, 05:25 PM
i guarantee u they lose will lose when they play ennis

mwynn05
09-08-2002, 05:26 PM
but they will still when their district in my opinion

oldbuff78
09-08-2002, 05:34 PM
they will be ok.

QBKilla
09-08-2002, 05:48 PM
marlinbulldog, I believe Marlin and Barbers Hill are in the same boat. We both lost to teams we shouldn't have. But as all great teams do, they overcome adversity. One game definitely doesn't ruin a season, yall should use this as something to rally around for the remainder of the season. I know BH will, good luck to yall.

eye of the tiger
09-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05:
i guarantee u they lose will lose when they play ennis

no disgrace in losing to Ennis. Pretty awesome of Marlin to schedule Ennis I think.

PISSonU
09-08-2002, 09:24 PM
hey marlin fan, don't count caldwell out of your district race. they are MUCH better than anticipated. in fact, the coach has more players back than he reported. They were all over a quality madisonville team friday. Marlin is still maybe more seasoned from playoffs, but Caldwell is hungry and has AWESOME sophomores who were great last year.

Old Cardinal
09-08-2002, 10:12 PM
To QBKilla, I think that Marlin has been unfairly overrated from the word go. Barber's Hill is a much better team than Marlin. Hamshire-Fannett, with there big ole Rice and Gravy Boys, just wanted it a little more- and on a wet field they just beat you fair and square. BH has the poise to come back strong. I feel for Marlin, if they do make the playoffs-they have to play Jasper on that side of the Region III bracket, early.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 08, 2002).]

Fly Boy
09-09-2002, 09:25 AM
I think Marlin's coaching staff has place a great challege on the players and themself for schduling a tough non-district. I think that they will be playing a lot deeper then most teams in the Brazos Valley(C-well).Great Job Coach Malone and Staff!!!! PissonU, you need a life or if you would go back to school or start school, all you need is a College Degree to coach. Get'ya one and try it or just shut-up.