PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Soon To Be Bigger Joke

BOCEPHUS
01-01-2009, 06:47 AM
THE WEEK BEFORE THE SUPER BOWL, AND AT THE SAME SITE???
THE NFL SAYS IT WILL HELP THE GAME BE MORE INTERESTING.

OK HERE BE THE TRUTH: "Y'ALL READY FER THIS?"

baseball/basketball CAN HAVE A DECENT ALLSTAR GAMES CUZ.................THEIR SPORT CAN GET BY WITH ALL STARS. BUT IN FOOTBALL(GREATEST SPORT THERE IS AND EVER WILL BE) U CAN'T DO THAT, YOU GOT TO HAVE A TEAM PLAYING TOGETHER. SO NO MATTER WHAT U DO THE PRO BOWL GONNA BE A JOKE TO SOME DEGREE, AND THATS OK, SAYS ALOT FOR THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.

Looking4number8
01-01-2009, 11:07 AM
The pro bowl already does not matter. Now it is after the super bowl and nobody really cares. Another opinion is if it is the week before the super bowl lots of things can happen.

Players want to be invited because they will get to participate in the super bowl activities.

Alternate players will get to go because the players of the super bowl will not play in it (probably just wear a jersey on the sideline though)

Super bowl teams could sit together in the stands.

It gives cities more reasons to fight for super bowl games (not like they need that though)

It would be played while people still care about football

I am sure there are more reasons, to me, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

piratebg
01-01-2009, 11:18 AM
The only problem that I see involves Pro Bowlers that are playing in the Super Bowl. They'd be dumb to play both games now. This would be good news for some of the alternates, I guess.

Pick6
01-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
The pro bowl already does not matter. Now it is after the super bowl and nobody really cares. Another opinion is if it is the week before the super bowl lots of things can happen.

Players want to be invited because they will get to participate in the super bowl activities.

Alternate players will get to go because the players of the super bowl will not play in it (probably just wear a jersey on the sideline though)

Super bowl teams could sit together in the stands.

It gives cities more reasons to fight for super bowl games (not like they need that though)

It would be played while people still care about football

I am sure there are more reasons, to me, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Agree on all the points.

Trashman
01-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Under this proposal no players that are going to play in the superbowl will be allowed to play in the probowl. Which will dumb down the game even more.

JT44
01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
good idea, will give it some interest, definitely more tv ratings, which is what the nfl wants anyway.

they should have it in the same city every year