PDA

View Full Version : To NecksFan

wimbo_pro
01-01-2009, 02:07 AM
I hope I have your handle correct. I just checked the FaceBook pic that you tagged for my nephew (I assume it was you), where you labeled it "the reason people from Wimberley hate me...". we don't hate you. I know you have made peace with Tommy about this, but (as an uncle), I would suggest that a more accurate description of the "hit" be in the label. I think this might explain a lot to those who might wonder why we would possibly hate you.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photo.php?pid=45204635&view=album&id=8378703&ref=nf

eagles_victory
01-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I hope I have your handle correct. I just checked the FaceBook pic that you tagged for my nephew (I assume it was you), where you labeled it "the reason people from Wimberley hate me...". we don't hate you. I know you have made peace with Tommy about this, but (as an uncle), I would suggest that a more accurate description of the "hit" be in the label. I think this might explain a lot to those who might wonder why we would possibly hate you.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photo.php?pid=45204635&view=album&id=8378703&ref=nf I think this is for Necks_06 not necksfan

Necks_Fan
01-01-2009, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I think this is for Neck_06 not necksfan That would be correct.

Not for me.

#1. It wasn't me who put that hit on your nephew.

#2. I don't use facebook.

#3. You have to be logged in to see that page.

wimbo_pro
01-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Necks_Fan...my mistake...I wasnt sure, but I was close! Thanks for the tip...I will try and copy the pic and get it onto this thread. Thanks again.

Here is a link to the photo...I just figured out how to do this!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/buse_6/tommy_hit.jpg

DDBooger
01-01-2009, 12:37 PM
looks like a good stick, what happened?

GetRDoneStangs
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Let's just save everyone an extra click to see the pic...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/buse_6/tommy_hit.jpg

wimbo_pro
01-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
looks like a good stick, what happened?

He had waved for a fair catch and was not anticpiating the hit. Notice the location of the ball. It gave him a concussion, causing him to miss the next game. Neck_06 then jumped up and danced around the field, trying to ignite the crowd. Everyone in the stadium saw it was a WAAYYYY early hit, so no one responded...except that the Wimberely side came unglued at the showboating.

In Neck_06's defense, he has since talked to my nephew about it and apologized like a man and took responsibility. This is why I respect him and totally accept his apology (kids get reved up and these things happen). He seems like a great young man, so no hard feelings...I just feel a complete explanation of the pic was in order if its going to be on his FaceBook.

mac77
01-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
He had waved for a fair catch and was not anticpiating the hit. Notice the location of the ball. It gave him a concussion, causing him to miss the next game. Neck_06 then jumped up and danced around the field, trying to ignite the crowd. Everyone in the stadium saw it was a WAAYYYY early hit, so no one responded...except that the Wimberely side came unglued at the showboating.

In Neck_06's defense, he has since talked to my nephew about it and apologized like a man and took responsibility. This is why I respect him and totally accept his apology (kids get reved up and these things happen). He seems like a great young man, so no hard feelings...I just feel a complete explanation of the pic was in order if its going to be on his FaceBook.

In the end Wimbo, your nephew got what everyone was chasing that year, a state championship ring. The Texans were the real deal that year. Congrats!

wimbo_pro
01-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mac77
In the end Wimbo, your nephew got what everyone was chasing that year, a state championship ring. The Texans were the real deal that year. Congrats!

I know, Mac77...thanks.

Necks_Fan
01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
2005 Wimberley was one of the absolute best teams I have seen in 3A.

We were a pretty good squad and they ended us in 62-7 fashion.