PDA

View Full Version : How many would be interested in having a 3ADL Party???

Orange Defense
12-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I was just curious as to who all would be interested in attending a 3ADL party.

I could pull my BIG smoker to a location and we could smoke Briskets, Pork Ribs, Chickens, and Sausage for a BIG time party!

Everyone could kick in a few bucks to pay for the meat. Maybe one of our 3ADL members has some property in the country where we could have this shindig...????

Throw your thoughts out...

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Can we do it tonight? :D

I think it's a great idea!

DDBooger
12-31-2008, 06:45 PM
can 4a fans come :(

Pick6
12-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Can we do it tonight? :D

I think it's a great idea!

Just follow me to Krum.

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Just follow me to Krum.
I might get there by the time the clock strikes 12. :p

Necks_Fan
12-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Can we do it tonight? Anytime you like.

:eek:

Seriously, if there's no football involved, I won't be coming unless it's in my backyard.

Not that any of you care whether I show or not.

Looking4number8
12-31-2008, 11:01 PM
You need to set up a web cam for the lowdown downlowers like me.

Lion_Addict
12-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Was actually talking about that with one of the fellas a couple of weeks ago.....just don't remember which one :confused: . I think it would be AWESOME myself!!!

Emerson1
12-31-2008, 11:25 PM
We have had one before at Inks Lake State Park. Not sure if everyone in that group gets along now though haha

pirate4state
01-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
We have had one before at Inks Lake State Park. Not sure if everyone in that group gets along now though haha tragic bro, but funny

i think it would be fun

ccmom
01-01-2009, 03:55 AM
Great idea!!!

SintonFan
01-01-2009, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
tragic bro, but funny

i think it would be fun
I got a place just north and south of these folks. All is welcome at my house and area (SA is known for it's hospitality)
I'd go to one of these.:)

Lion_Addict
01-01-2009, 07:28 AM
And of course all us folks from 2-3A could pile in together for a roadtrip to wherever. Most of us seem to get along........at least till about August :devil: :D

N4SIR
01-01-2009, 09:37 AM
I would definitley be interested. Just depends upon date and location. No problem with kicking in $$$ for the meats. Just let me know.

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2009, 09:43 AM
We had a couple of nice 3ADL parties last play-off season here at the Bennett Compound

sinton66
01-01-2009, 10:01 AM
For everyone's convienience, it would need to be in the San Antonio/Austin area. Inks was fun, but it's too far for any South Texas people. Could be done in a number of parks around SA.

bobcat1
01-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
And of course all us folks from 2-3A could pile in together for a roadtrip to wherever. Most of us seem to get along........at least till about August :devil: :D Yes y'all did get experience after week 10 of going to see better teams play didn't you? :p

I_Do_Care
01-01-2009, 10:41 AM
:thinking: I think I'm going to move to an awesome school district so I can make fun of people! :):wave:

Lion_Addict
01-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Yes y'all did get experience after week 10 of going to see better teams play didn't you? :p

LOW BLOW.... LOW BLOW I SAY!!!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:D

pirate4state
01-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
For everyone's convienience, it would need to be in the San Antonio/Austin area. Inks was fun, but it's too far for any South Texas people. Could be done in a number of parks around SA. but san antonio would be too far for the DFW & east texas posters.

round rock and/or waco would be my guess for a more "neutral/central" location

LH Panther Mom
01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
:thinking: I think I'm going to move to an awesome school district so I can make fun of people! :):wave:
:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

WestTxschwab
01-01-2009, 11:52 AM
only if it were in Vegas...

Looking4number8
01-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by WestTxschwab

Now your talking!

Lion_Addict
01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Round Rock and/or Waco would be my guess for a more "neutral/central" location

:2thumbsup ..........We have a winner! Dang, you do use your mind for thinking other than perverted thoughts :p :D

griff
01-01-2009, 02:47 PM
How about having "regional" 3ADL parties? Two advantages to this...

1) Closer proximity for everyone traveling.

2) The fans within the same regions would have a greater interest in meeting folks from the same areas/school districts/past playoff opponents' schools than those further away.

Lion_Addict
01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by griff

2) The fans within the same regions would have a greater interest in meeting folks from the same areas/school districts/past playoff opponents' schools that those further away.

Also a thought.......... :thinking: :thinking:

N4SIR
01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by WestTxschwab
Even Las Vegas wouldn't be a school district worthy of beating Texas 3A teams. In 2006 the Gilmer Buckeyes played the Gorman Gaels from Las Vegas in Tyler and beat them 56 - 14. So you might want to pick another location.

Orange Defense
01-01-2009, 07:57 PM
It doesn't appear to be to much interest in having a party. There have only been 26 post and 349 views...

Lion_Addict
01-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
It doesn't appear to be to much interest in having a party. There have only been 26 post and 349 views...

Don't give up bud...........keep on a pushin :cheerl: :cheerl:

Need P4S (OUR FEARLESS LEADER) to start working her magic and get this thing done! :D

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM

holidays, not as many folks trolling around right now

skins4life
01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by griff

2) The fans within the same regions would have a greater interest in meeting folks from the same areas/school districts/past playoff opponents' schools than those further away.

This sounds like a good idea here. 1 & 2 party somewhere around say PK lake or somewhere close and 3 & 4 can pick a location in the SE. I'm all for it. Parttay oh yeah!!!

WTF-82
01-01-2009, 11:11 PM
If the dates are ok I would be interested.

Orange Defense
01-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Don't give up bud...........keep on a pushin :cheerl: :cheerl:

I wouldn't mind traveling as far as Brownwood but that's about it for me. OD is not a good traveler, 4 hrs driving is about as far as I want to pull that smoker. I REALLY like the Brownwood area!!! One of my best friends lives right outside of Santa Anna.

Lion_Addict
01-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't mind traveling as far as Brownwood but that's about it for me. OD is not a good traveler, 4 hrs driving is about as far as I want to pull that smoker. I REALLY like the Brownwood area!!! One of my best friends lives right outside of Santa Anna.

Well, we are right square in the middle......:thinking:
Sure sounds good to me! :D

ccmom
01-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Brownwood makes sense to me!:)

Looking4number8
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Well, we are right square in the middle......:thinking:
Sure sounds good to me! :D

We have a very nice State Park. Not sure if they allow alchol but there are cabins for rent there. Anybody know if they allow alchol at the state park?

BwdLion73
01-02-2009, 12:34 PM
They don't allow it in the Park ... however if you have a cabin they usually request that drinks be in a plastic or paper cups of some type with no cans or bottles visible.

Lion_Addict
01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We have a very nice State Park. Not sure if they allow alchol but there are cabins for rent there. Anybody know if they allow alchol at the state park?

By Gawd.........we'll get it there one way or another! :evilgrin: ;)

Ranger Mom
01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Just saw this thread!!

We had a "weekend" party at Inks Lake a few years back.

Speaking from experience....if someone REALLY wants to do this, just pick a time that is good for you and if some can make it, that's great......but don't try to accommodate EVERYONE, you will just end up with a huge headache if you do!!!

The one year we did it, I had a blast! It doesn't matter to me where it is...it's a long drive for me no matter what!!

IHStangFan
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Sounds fun! :)

Emerson1
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Ranger_Mom doesn't even remember the inks lake trip. She was gone by lunch time and flipping anyone who walked by the bird :D

Ranger Mom
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Ranger_Mom doesn't even remember the inks lake trip. She was gone by lunch time and flipping anyone who walked by the bird :D

Those happened on 2 separate days!!!

Seeeeee!! I DO remember!!!!:tongue:

Bullaholic
01-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Many attend the State Track Meet in Austin, usually in May---how about then in Austin? Maybe a park or Barton Springs?

Ranger Mom
01-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Many attend the State Track Meet in Austin, usually in May---how about then in Austin?

We had a "moderator" get to together this past track meet!!:D

crzyjournalist03
01-05-2009, 02:23 PM
After traveling with my daughter over the holidays, my wife and I made a resolution not to go anywhere more than an hour's drive from home (Denton) until our daughter gets older.

Ranger Mom
01-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
After traveling with my daughter over the holidays, my wife and I made a resolution not to go anywhere more than an hour's drive from home (Denton) until our daughter gets older.

Traveling with little ones is challenging, so say the least!!!

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We had a "moderator" get to together this past track meet!!:D
That was fun! Okay, well, rushing from one corner of the stadium to the opposite corner in the 99 degree, 99% humidity weather wasn't, but the rest was! :D

(At least I didn't have to go back to the car to get the dvd like lhpd did! :devil: )

JR2004
01-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
holidays, not as many folks trolling around right now

That and most folks are only here from August-December each year. Once football ends so does their interest in posting.

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2009, 08:12 PM
The good doctor has been looking for a reason to once again rub shoulders with the downlow faithful. I havent been to a meet and greet since 2006. so a party could definately bring me out of hiding

ccmom
01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
OD...as RM suggested, I think you should pick the date and place that works best for you and we will go from there. Make is easy on yourself.

Orange Defense
01-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
OD...as RM suggested, I think you should pick the date and place that works best for you and we will go from there. Make is easy on yourself.

Okay how does Saturday May 2nd sound. Mothers day is the next weekend. I'll get with some of the Brownwood faithful and see if we can decide on a good place to have this Shindig.:)

Brownwood Faithful send me a PM if you know of a place we can have this get together....Thanks

Looking4number8
01-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Okay how does Saturday May 2nd sound. Mothers day is the next weekend. I'll get with some of the Brownwood faithful and see if we can decide on a good place to have this Shindig.:)

Brownwood Faithful send me a PM if you know of a place we can have this get together....Thanks

What kind of facilites are you wanting. At the lake? camping? cooking? drinking? anything else I am missing?

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
What kind of facilites are you wanting. At the lake? camping? cooking? drinking? anything else I am missing?
Pole dancing? :D (Wait a minute.....doesn't L_A owe a purple-thong pole dance????? :devil: )

Looking4number8
01-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Pole dancing? :D (Wait a minute.....doesn't L_A owe a purple-thong pole dance????? :devil: )

Ahhh yes, the purple thong. Addict is my good friend, but I have to ask. Did he ever pay up on that bet? If he did, are there any pictures?

Orange Defense
01-06-2009, 02:17 AM

A pavillion would be great, I'm sure cold beverages will be wanted, I don't know if anyone will want to camp out but if it's at the lake I would imagine camping would be allowed. I have burners if we need to cook anything. We could always just have cole slaw and or Potatoe salad with BBQ or if everyone wanted hamburgers we could just have chips and drinks. Burgers and chips would be alot easier and cheaper but I'm game for whatever everyone else wants....

How about that Quan Cosby tonight!!!! 14 catches, 172 yards rcvg, and 2 TD's. WOW!!!! That guy is the real deal!:clap:

Lion_Addict
01-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Ahhh yes, the purple thong. Addict is my good friend, but I have to ask. Did he ever pay up on that bet? If he did, are there any pictures?

Never had a "pay up" to pay up.......the bet was if they held us to 21 points (if I remember correctly). Ummmm, we put up 49 :D .

Won't talk about the private show for LHPM & RM after the game.......them ladies are all hands! :eek: :blush:

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
the bet was if they held us to 21 points (if I remember correctly). Ummmm, we put up 49 :D .

Why did you drag details into this? :p

Looking4number8
01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
nm

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 10:39 AM

Brownwood Faithful send me a PM if you know of a place we can have this get together....Thanks So, the party would be in Brownwood?? :confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I would go, but only because there are a few posters on here I want to punch in the face.

Lion_Addict
01-06-2009, 11:55 AM
So, the party would be in Brownwood?? :confused:

Sounds good to me!!! Lookin4#8 needs to get to work....HA HA! :D

Orange Defense
01-06-2009, 12:12 PM
So, the party would be in Brownwood?? :confused:

Yes

BEAST
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
If this party comes to pass I also have a big pit. And it just so happens I live in Brownwood. If I can be of help, let me know.

BEAST

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes

I don't know that I would make a trip to Brownwood. That's a 5 hour trip for me and no football to watch? :eek: Unless BBDE goes and I can go watch him punch some people in the face! :D

Lion_Addict
01-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't know that I would make a trip to Brownwood. That's a 5 hour trip for me and no football to watch? :eek: Unless BBDE goes and I can go watch him punch some people in the face! :D

Soooooo now you are saying we ain't worth it???!!!! WOMAN.... :mad: :foul: :weeping:

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Soooooo now you are saying we ain't worth it???!!!! WOMAN.... :mad: :foul: :weeping: Exactly. :D

Ranger Mom
01-06-2009, 12:32 PM

I won't be able to make it either! The State track meet is more than likely the next weekend (it's been on Mother's Day weekend the past 3 years)....and that is an annual trip for me and the hubby!!

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 12:39 PM
I won't be able to make it either! The State track meet is more than likely the next weekend (it's been on Mother's Day weekend the past 3 years)....and that is an annual trip for me and the hubby!! Can't wait for the state track meet! Woohoo! Field passes again? :D

Ranger Mom
01-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Can't wait for the state track meet! Woohoo! Field passes again? :D

Sure!! This time we will be better prepared and have something to hang them on!!:D

TheDOCTORdre
01-06-2009, 12:58 PM
how bout we have it the 2nd weekend in march at sweetwater rattlesnake roundup lol

Orange Defense
01-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
how bout we have it the 2nd weekend in march at sweetwater rattlesnake roundup lol

Ya Know, that doesn't sound half bad!!!! I've always wanted to go to The rattlesnake Round-up in Sweetwater!!!!! I've been saying I was going for the past 4 or 5 years and just haven't made it....Heck we could eat Rattlesnake..........

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Ya Know, that doesn't sound half bad!!!! I've always wanted to go to The rattlesnake Round-up in Sweetwater!!!!! I've been saying I was going for the past 4 or 5 years and just haven't made it....Heck we could eat Rattlesnake.......... :thinking: me too and there would be no clean up necessary! :D

i don't know about eating rattlesnake though :hairpunk:

Ranger Mom
01-06-2009, 04:42 PM
:thinking: me too and there would be no clean up necessary! :D

I tried it last time I was there........I don't recommend it!!! :ack!:

Orange Defense
01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
:thinking: me too and there would be no clean up necessary! :D

We will definately wash it down with some sort of cold beverage...:D How does that sound???

I like the NO CLEAN UP part!!!!!

Looking4number8
01-06-2009, 08:57 PM

Soooooo now you are saying we ain't worth it???!!!! WOMAN.... :mad: :foul: :weeping:

Exactly. :D

I am not sure, but I think she is saying you and I might be the target of one of those punches!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Unless BBDE goes and I can go watch him punch some people in the face! :D

Depending on who will be in attendance I will go. I have three classifications of posters: People who I REALLY want to punch in the face because I don't like them (and would be willing to drive to Brownwood to do it), people who I am annoyed by and want to punch in the face just for the sake of returning the favor for the pain they put me in for reading their posts, and the last category is people who NEED to be punched in the face (but I still like them anyways). The forth category is women, and we all know they don't count for anything, so they're not included in this scientific breakdown and analysis of posters.

Looking4number8
01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
[i] The forth category is women, and we all know they don't count for anything, [/B]

:1omg!: :fnypost: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
The forth category is women, and we all know they don't count for anything, so they're not included in this scientific breakdown and analysis of posters.
By that comment, I'm going to go out on a limb here & state that it might be a really really bad idea for you to show up! :mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 09:27 PM
:1omg!: :fnypost: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, I lied. They're good for cleaning, cooking, giving massages, and if they're attractive enough other things. That's about the extent of it.

WylieBulldog92
01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Well, I lied. They're good for cleaning, cooking, giving massages, and if they're attractive enough other things. That's about the extent of it.
LOL

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
And you wonder why females aren't knocking themselves out to buy you boxes of RM tail-light covers. :thinking: :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
And you wonder why females aren't knocking themselves out to buy you boxes of RM tail-light covers. :thinking: :thinking:

I've had a few do it, but I keep a well stocked supply drawer full of them.

SintonFan
01-06-2009, 10:10 PM
ROFL!
I'm on your side BBDE.
Friggin folks put me on ignore or something.
I withdraw my hospitality...:D
I like the idea of a par-tay like what was originally described. Then you get to know why all those funny posts from folks who make funny posts happen.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 10:23 PM
By that comment, I'm going to go out on a limb here & state that it might be a really really bad idea for you to show up! :mad:

What are you going to do? Attack me with your broom and mop? Get back in the kitchen woman!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
ROFL!
I'm on your side BBDE.
I like the idea of a par-tay like what was originally described. Then you get to know why all those funny posts from folks who make funny posts happen.

You just have to realize sometimes that you can't be nice to some people. Unfortunately, I can't think of a single person on here who I would be nice to. Aside from myself. I love me some me.

skins4life
01-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I tried it last time I was there........I don't recommend it!!! :ack!:

Why not?? It Taste like chicken!! LOL
:) :)

SintonFan
01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
You just have to realize sometimes that you can't be nice to some people. Unfortunately, I can't think of a single person on here who I would be nice to. Aside from myself. I love me some me.
huh...
you mights have some issues there dude.:p

DaHop72
01-06-2009, 10:50 PM
You just have to realize sometimes that you can't be nice to some people. Unfortunately, I can't think of a single person on here who I would be nice to. Aside from myself. I love me some me. :( :( :( :(

SintonFan
01-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey there DaHop72.:thumbsup:

ccmom
01-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I love me some me.

Good for you. After those cute little comments, I'd say you'd better maintain that relationship to keep you warm on a cold winter night. As a matter of fact, shouldn't you lay off the typing and rest those hands?:rolleyes:

DaHop72
01-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey there DaHop72.:thumbsup: Hey SintonFan, how are things for you?

SintonFan
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Hey SintonFan, how are things for you?
Not bad...
not bad at all. Doing the propane thing again. I guess I can't get enough of that wonderful shmell.
And you?

DaHop72
01-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Not bad...
not bad at all. Doing the propane thing again. I guess I can't get enough of that wonderful shmell.
And you? Just hanging in, trying to make it through another day.

ccmom
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
And if my previous comment was unsuitable for this site, let me apologize to the mods. :(

However, IF I get in "trouble"...it was so worth it!:D:rolleyes:

N4SIR
01-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Ya Know, that doesn't sound half bad!!!! I've always wanted to go to The rattlesnake Round-up in Sweetwater!!!!! I've been saying I was going for the past 4 or 5 years and just haven't made it....Heck we could eat Rattlesnake..........
So which is it going to be -- Sweetwater or Brownwoood? I prefer Sweetwater but will plan on maiking it to either location. Just let me know.

SintonFan
01-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Just hanging in, trying to make it through another day.
Cool cool.
Another day, another reminder of days gone bye.
2009 is here. WOW.
2008 went by too fast but I'm glad that year is over. I liked the first half much better than the last half.:)

pirate4state
01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
You just have to realize sometimes that you can't be nice to some people. Unfortunately, I can't think of a single person on here who I would be nice to. Aside from myself. I love me some me. HAHA you idiot

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 04:18 AM
Good for you. After those cute little comments, I'd say you'd better maintain that relationship to keep you warm on a cold winter night. As a matter of fact, shouldn't you lay off the typing and rest those hands?:rolleyes:

I've yet to really read any of your posts (mostly because I rarely read anything that isn't off-topic on here), but I must say that I really like you and think we would get along well.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 04:21 AM
:( :( :( :(

I'm your bodyguard, of course I have the utmost admiration and reverence towards you, otherwise I wouldn't do it for free. ;)

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2009, 06:48 AM
What are you going to do? Attack me with your broom and mop? Get back in the kitchen woman!
Why do you think I didn't reply last night? :doh: :p

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2009, 06:49 AM
but I keep a well stocked supply drawer full of them.
I'm not real certain they're necessary. :thinking:

I love me some me.

RedWhiteBlue
01-07-2009, 10:33 AM
This is funny.:D

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2009, 10:42 AM
ROFL!
I'm on your side BBDE.

I think that in the spirit of the board, people should only be allowed to talk once every thirty seconds at any board party!

pirate4state
01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think that in the spirit of the board, people should only be allowed to talk once every thirty seconds at any board party! HAHA someone should bring a buzzer and buzz people when they speak out of turn! :spitlol:

Bullaholic
01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
HAHA someone should bring a buzzer and buzz people when they speak out of turn! :spitlol:

All you would hear is one constant BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....:D

Ranger Mom
01-07-2009, 10:59 AM
HAHA someone should bring a buzzer and buzz people when they speak out of turn! :spitlol:

My first thought was 44inarow and LHPM!!:D :D

pirate4state
01-07-2009, 11:03 AM
My first thought was 44inarow and LHPM!!:D :D :spitlol: :D

STANG RED
01-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I was just curious as to who all would be interested in attending a 3ADL party.

I could pull my BIG smoker to a location and we could smoke Briskets, Pork Ribs, Chickens, and Sausage for a BIG time party!

Everyone could kick in a few bucks to pay for the meat. Maybe one of our 3ADL members has some property in the country where we could have this shindig...????

Throw your thoughts out...

Aside from the party, or in conjuction with, you should really pull that big ol smoker to Sweetwater for the cookoff that is held in the park during the Rattlesnake Roudup. It usually has about 100+ teams there, and a good time is had by all. I'm thinking about cooking brisket and ribs for the cookoff this year myself. I usually just go sample everyone elses. Some are great, but I've sampled several that I know I can beat easily.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Why do you think I didn't reply last night? :doh: :p

I don't know, maybe because you read that "Good Wife's Guide" I posted awhile back and decided to be a good wife? :)

Lion_Addict
01-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Honestly.......if more peeps could make it, Sweetwater would be cool! :thumbsup:

kepdawg
01-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Honestly.......if more peeps could make it, Sweetwater would be cool! :thumbsup:

I went to Sweetwater once. It was cold, not cool, and the bathrooms were horrible!

Lion_Addict
01-07-2009, 01:34 PM
And if my previous comment was unsuitable for this site, let me apologize to the mods. :(

However, IF I get in "trouble"...it was so worth it!:D:rolleyes:

Naahhhh........ let us all know how ya really feel Woman!
"Trouble" is GOOD :D :2thumbsup

ccmom
01-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I've yet to really read any of your posts (mostly because I rarely read anything that isn't off-topic on here), but I must say that I really like you and think we would get along well. Geez...I sure wish you would have posted this last night before I lost so much sleep worrying about if you like me. :rolleyes:

Oh...and don't bother reading any of my previous posts. I tend to be all about the facts on this board, and rarely participate in childish smack talk or sarcasm. :evillol:

Orange Defense
01-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Sounds good to me, I'm for the Rattle Snake Round-up......

Orange Defense
01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Aside from the party, or in conjuction with, you should really pull that big ol smoker to Sweetwater for the cookoff that is held in the park during the Rattlesnake Roudup. It usually has about 100+ teams there, and a good time is had by all. I'm thinking about cooking brisket and ribs for the cookoff this year myself. I usually just go sample everyone elses. Some are great, but I've sampled several that I know I can beat easily.

If it wasn't for being a 5 hr drive I would consider pulling it over there but with the smoker it would probably add at least an hour and a half to the trip..... I really do enjoy smoking (BBQ)!! In fact I've been considering curing a few hams and such and building my own Smoke House. That is alot of work!!!

TheDOCTORdre
01-07-2009, 04:42 PM
so i didnt realize the round up idea would catch on...how bout a 3adownlow cookoff team entering the cookoff

pirate4state
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
so i didnt realize the round up idea would catch on...how bout a 3adownlow cookoff team entering the cookoff

Is that March 13-15th??

RedWhiteBlue
01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Geez...I sure wish you would have posted this last night before I lost so much sleep worrying about if you like me. :rolleyes:

Oh...and don't bother reading any of my previous posts. I tend to be all about the facts on this board, and rarely participate in childish smack talk or sarcasm. :evillol:
You know... somehow I knew that you were worried about this "young" man's very immature ramblings.:rolleyes: Apparently, he hasn't seen you in 'real action'!!!:eek: :devil: :D What a silly boy.......

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Geez...I sure wish you would have posted this last night before I lost so much sleep worrying about if you like me. :rolleyes:

I try to avoid participating in childish smack talk and sarcasm. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever used it in my entire life, not even when I was a child or even when I got older and discovered what sarcasm was. I'm just not a fan of being facetious, nor am I of people who try to be. I'm sorry I was selfish and didn't post that sooner though, I really hate that you kept yourself up all night. Better later than never, though! ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
You know... somehow I knew that you were worried about this "young" man's very immature ramblings.:rolleyes: Apparently, he hasn't seen you in 'real action'!!!:eek: :devil: :D What a silly boy.......

Why did you put young in quotes? And why are you calling me immature and silly?

RedWhiteBlue
I try to avoid participating in childish smack talk and sarcasm. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever used it in my entire life, not even when I was a child or even when I got older and discovered what sarcasm was. I'm just not a fan of being facetious, nor am I of people who try to be. I'm sorry I was selfish and didn't post that sooner though, I really hate that you kept yourself up all night. Better later than never, though! ;)
You go to A&M, right?

44INAROW
My first thought was 44inarow and LHPM!!:D :D
Hey Deb - how come our names come up when they start talking about a party and getting "buzzed"? :D :D :D :inlove:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
You go to A&M, right?

Yes, that handsome fellow (even though you can't see his face, only his back) in the picture on my signature line is me.

ccmom
01-07-2009, 04:58 PM

Speaking of action...it's good to see you are back among the living. :) I was starting to wonder if Wednesday night's activities had put you out of commission for good!;)

Regarding this party they are planning....I think that's an event that might warrant you pulling out those knees high boots again, sista!! Believe me, after New Year's Ever, the boys in Taylor County are still talking about that sassy lil steer from Graham!!:eek:

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, that handsome fellow (even though you can't see his face, only his back) in the picture on my signature line is me.
yea the one who looks like he stood up the ball carrier to get a little poking action in on him

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea the one who looks like he stood up the ball carrier to get a little poking action in on him

I was about to bring my hips if you know what I mean.

RedWhiteBlue
01-07-2009, 05:02 PM
That's what I thought. So you have 2 excuses for not being real 'smart'.:D

DDBooger
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I was about to bring my hips if you know what I mean. have you made a list of who's getting punched? i want to compare lists haha

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 05:05 PM
That's what I thought. So you have 2 excuses for not being real 'smart'.:D

Yeah, since I play football I get to take remedial mathematics and reading courses, among other things. The bad thing is, my GPA still sucks, but I'm eligible! I would study more often but I spend most of my time daydreaming of pleasantries with sheep....

pirate4state
01-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, since I play football I get to take remedial mathematics and reading courses, among other things. The bad thing is, my GPA still sucks, but I'm eligible! I would study more often but I spend most of my time daydreaming of pleasantries with sheep....

:spitlol:

RedWhiteBlue
01-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Speaking of action...it's good to see you are back among the living. :) I was starting to wonder if Wednesday night's activities had put you out of commission for good!;)

Regarding this party they are planning....I think that's an event that might warrant you pulling out those knees high boots again, sista!! Believe me, after New Year's Ever, the boys in Taylor County are still talking about that sassy lil steer from Graham!!:eek:
Oh honey.... I finally did recover. There wasn't any injuries that a little "icy hot" and "monkey blood" wouldn't fix!!:p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
have you made a list of who's getting punched? i want to compare lists haha

Knowing you, I'm sure the lists are probably exactly the same.

RedWhiteBlue
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
So your an Ag major?? That's nice.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 05:10 PM
So your an Ag major?? That's nice.:D

Of course, what else would a student-athlete be?

RedWhiteBlue
01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Of course, what else would a student-athlete be?
Criminal Justice.:rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Criminal Justice.:rolleyes:

I don't know if we have that? I can't read very well so when they sent me a list of possible majors I picked Ag because it's short and was at the top of the list. It took me about 45 minutes of struggling to get to it on the list (it was the third one if I counted correctly), so I was kind of worn out after exerting myself that much and just picked it.

ccmom
01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Criminal Justice.:rolleyes: :clap: :clap:

RedWhiteBlue
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't know if we have that? I can't read very well so when they sent me a list of possible majors I picked Ag because it's short and was at the top of the list. It took me about 45 minutes of struggling to get to it on the list (it was the third one if I counted correctly), so I was kind of worn out after exerting myself that much and just picked it.
I'm sorry I can't read all this rambling crap.... and is it on topic?? You are beginning to sound like a woman yourself....:doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry I can't read all this rambling crap.... and is it on topic?? You are beginning to sound like a woman yourself....:doh:

On topic for what?

Ranger Mom
01-07-2009, 05:30 PM
On topic for what?

We are supposed to stay on topic??:eek:

pirate4state
01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
We are supposed to stay on topic??:eek: For some reason The Cable Guy movie just popped into my head "the password is...." :D :D HAHAHA

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I wonder if the population of the Down Low realizes that I'm smarter than the majority of them? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
01-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I wonder if the population of the Down Low realizes that I'm smarter than the majority of them? :thinking:

I do!! I do!!

STANG RED
01-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Well we have certainly realized for a long time that you think you are.:p

Ranger Mom
01-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Well we have certainly realized for a long time that you think you are.:p

I may not necessarily agree with everything he says, but I do think his intelligence level is fairly high!!:)

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hey Deb - how come our names come up when they start talking about a party and getting "buzzed"? :D :D :D :inlove:
:doh: :doh: :doh: Aw, crap! I didn't even "get" that! I thought they meant we talk alot. :mad: :mad: The N-E-R-V-E!!!!! :foul:

Orange Defense
01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: Aw, crap! I didn't even "get" that! I thought they meant we talk alot. :mad: :mad: The N-E-R-V-E!!!!! :foul:

You guys are gonna drive LHPM to drink!!!!:D

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2009, 06:39 PM
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

STANG RED
01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I may not necessarily agree with everything he says, but I do think his intelligence level is fairly high!!:)

Yea but I just couldnt let that comment go by without taking a little poke at it.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-07-2009, 08:48 PM

You're a sweet lady.