PDA

View Full Version : I just met.........

nobogey72
12-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Ted Nugent. He is a big hunting buddy of one of my life long friends and he brought him into the bank so we could all meet him. He lives close to China Springs. He moved there after living his whole life in Michigan. He said, and I quote "There are too damn many liberals up there".

Lion_Addict
12-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Ted Nugent. He is a big hunting buddy of one of my life long friends and he brought him into the bank so we could all meet him. He lives close to China Springs. He moved there after living his whole life in Michigan. He said, and I quote "There are too damn many liberals up there".

:clap: AWESOME!!!

Looking4number8
12-31-2008, 01:10 PM

He is a neighbor of George W. Bush in the Crawford area. Last year his son "Rocko Nugent" was a starter on the Waco High Lions basketball team. Ted came to Brownwood for the game with his wife(and might I say she young, blond and was quite lovely!!!) Poor guy missed a lot of the early part of the game but he signed every autograph people asked for. We played nothing but Ted Nugent songs for the pregame warm up and it was pretty cool when they introduced his son......................... Rockooooooooooooooooooooo Nugent!

Lion_Addict
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
He is a neighbor of George W. Bush in the Crawford area. Last year his son "Rocko Nugent" was a starter on the Waco High Lions basketball team. Ted came to Brownwood for the game with his wife(and might I say she young, blond and was quite lovely!!!) Poor guy missed a lot of the early part of the game but he signed every autograph people asked for. We played nothing but Ted Nugent songs for the pregame warm up and it was pretty cool when they introduced his son......................... Rockooooooooooooooooooooo Nugent!

I was there that night!!!! Totally forgot about that.....it was kewl that he took the time to chat with everybody.
And "lovely"???? That girl was freakin HOT!!! :devil: Oh yeah, forget you're the prim & proper one, HA HA!!! :p

Looking4number8
12-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
That girl was freakin HOT!!! :devil: Oh yeah, forget you're the prim & proper one, HA HA!!! :p

Prim an proper? I was the one going to the concession stand every time the poor woman went to the restroom. I think I had 4 Dr. Peppers and 2 hot dogs that night (she must have had a small bladder)

nobogey72
12-31-2008, 01:27 PM
In fact, for you Brownwood guys, the friend of mine that brought him into the bank is the brother of Coach Steve Freeman's wife Janie.

Looking4number8
12-31-2008, 01:27 PM
In fact, for you Brownwood guys, the friend of mine that brought him into the bank is the brother of Coach Steve Freeman's wife Janie.

Small world!

Lion_Addict
12-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Prim an proper? I was the one going to the concession stand every time the poor woman went to the restroom. I think I had 4 Dr. Peppers and 2 hot dogs that night (she must have had a small bladder)

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
:clap: :clap:

bobcat1
12-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Back when I was 19 and he was just getting going I partied with him and his band after their concert in Wichita Falls. Got in with this girl on a press pass. She worked for the TV Station. He drank nothing but a little Blue Nun Wine.(Nasty) No drugs or any hard liquor. Awesome guy. Been a fan for life.

Lion_Addict
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Back when I was 19 and he was just getting going I partied with him and his band after their concert in Wichita Falls. Got in with this girl on a press pass. She worked for the TV Station. He drank nothing but a little Blue Nun Wine.(Nasty) No drugs or any hard liquor. Awesome guy. Been a fan for life.

Damn, you're old like Lookin4#8 :eek: ........... just messin bud :D

SWMustang
12-31-2008, 02:01 PM
He lives close to China Springs.

FAIL!

nobogey72
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
FAIL!

??????????????????

SWMustang
12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
??????????????????

Is China Springs close to Big Springs or Coldsprings? :D

bobcat1
12-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Damn, you're old like Lookin4#8 :eek: ........... just messin bud :D Yes I am experienced. :D

Orange Defense
12-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Ted has an AWESOME TV show called "Spirit of the Wild". He is a voice for all of us hunters. I don't know Ted personally but he really seems to be level headed!

RedWhiteBlue
12-31-2008, 03:02 PM
My brother (the wild hunting hippie dude) has been bow hunting with him and some of his crew. He is an awesome person.

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2008, 03:12 PM
came to Brownwood for the game with his wife(and might I say she young, blond and was quite lovely!!!) !

I dont think she is as young as u think she is unless ur comparing it to his age I know she is over 40, not sure how high over 40 though

Looking4number8
12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont think she is as young as u think she is unless ur comparing it to his age I know she is over 40, not sure how high over 40 though

then even more impressive!

Rabid Cougar
12-31-2008, 06:58 PM
He lives close to China Springs.

Well he lives in Waco near Ridgewood Country Club. He moved off the Ranch, which he still owns and is just west of China Spring in McLennan County, several years ago so Rocko could play basketball at Waco High. I used to see him quite regularly in the local chicken shack and gas stations in CS. Not so much anymore now he lives in town. He is nice guy. His wife, Shamane, is very nice too.

Trashman
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM

I am still trying to get past the part where you are employed at a bank.:D Don't most Texas tall tales start with "You aint gonna belive this S--t":D :D :D

turbostud
12-31-2008, 08:20 PM

Well he moved to the right place.

turbostud
12-31-2008, 08:22 PM
.http://www.kqed.org/weblog/food/uploaded_images/tedandshemane-707792.jpg

BOCEPHUS
12-31-2008, 09:15 PM
ANYBODY WHO SAYS " U GOT TO KILL IT TO GRILL IT " BELONGS IN TEXAS.
HAVE FOLLOWED HIS CAREER FROM THE 70'S TILL NOW.

SAW IN AT CIVIC CENTER IN AMARILLO IN BOUT 1979 I THINK, HELLUVA SHOW, LOIN CLOTH AND ALL!!!!

GOT HIS MUSIC ON MY IPOD.........ENJOYED WATCH'N HIS HUNT'N SHOWS WHEN I COULD GET THEM, WEBSITE IS GREAT

bigwood33
12-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I saw this story on him a couple of years ago and think it is great!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/nugent.asp

coach
12-31-2008, 09:37 PM
he came to a basketball touney in fairfield one time to watch his son play

Necks_Fan
01-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Never met the man, but I like his TV show and his house is nice. I saw it on cribs.

Sounds like a nice guy.

LH Panther Mom
01-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
.http://www.kqed.org/weblog/food/uploaded_images/tedandshemane-707792.jpg
I bought that for my husband several years ago for Christmas.

bp80884
01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Is China Springs close to Big Springs or Coldsprings? :D

Yeah we are a suburb of both Austin & Dallas. Before you know it, they will swallow us up and annex us!

Go Cougs!

He is a pretty cool guy. see him arounf town quite a bit and he always eats at Ninfas. Sits in the same booth every time!

Tx Challenge
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I got the pleasure to meet Ted several years ago thru work. He is an awesome guy.....Weird....yeah but pretty down to earth and lots of fun...Did not realize he lived in Texas now

STANG RED
01-03-2009, 01:10 AM
I never met him, but I had a boss about 15 years ago that went on a guided fishing trip on the Amazon River with him. He said Ted was great, and a lot of fun to be around. But said he was a little weird.