PDA

View Full Version : 3A Game of the Year?

Bullaholic
12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Here are the best playoff games from 08' that I could find, and there may be some regular season contests that should be considered:

Carthage 31 Gilmer 28
Giddings 21 Bellville 20
Bridgeport 31 Monahans 28 OT
Kaufman 21 Argyle 14
Bellville 43 Sinton 36
Monahans 28 Snyder 26
Abilene Wylie 24 China Spring 21
Waco La Vega 34 Navasota 28 OT
Prosper 39 Abilene Wylie 38 2OT
Prosper 17 Waco La Vega 10

Which one was the best?

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
one u missed

Prosper vs LaVega

Bullaholic
12-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
one u missed

Prosper vs LaVega

That I did, and it was the DI final---I added to the text of the thread and maybe one of the mods will add it to the poll--Thanks.

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That I did, and it was the DI final---I added to the text of the thread and maybe one of the mods will add it to the poll--Thanks.

and honestly

I would add the DII final..The score does not tell how good the game was for most of the game

N4SIR
12-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Amen brother! That Carthage/Celina game was freaking awesome (and would have gotten my vote had it been listed).

Bullaholic
12-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and honestly

I would add the DII final..The score does not tell how good the game was for most of the game

I did think about the DII final, but the poll only allows 10 selections.

1st and goal
12-31-2008, 06:27 PM
The Giddings/Belleviille went into OT. A PAT was blocked by the Buffs which proved later to be the difference.

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
It's added.

eagles_victory
12-31-2008, 08:03 PM
I would say the Cathage Gilmer game the score makes it look a little better than it actually was.

BOCEPHUS
12-31-2008, 09:44 PM
THA GIDDINS-B'VILLE GAME WUZ 2 OT'S

AND A REMATCH, 7 WEEKS EARLIER B'VILLE WON 20-14

coach
12-31-2008, 09:53 PM
my vote goes to prosper over liberty hill:D

wtfootball
01-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Monahans/Bridgeport was an awesome game regardless of who you were for. I still think the green had a lot to do with B performance against Liberty Hill. Seems from all you read and hear though M lost no talent. I could swear two stud receivers, a bull lineman, good tight end and a host of defensive studs. But all I hear about is the Junior class so I suppose they will not miss a beat... I didn't see a JV game so I guess we will see next fall. It will be fun watching the QB as he should roll this next year if he has protection.

Anxious to see what Bridgeport has also, seems to me they lost a few studs as well but would be a fun matchup in 09. But then their is Snyder to deal with also......how many weeks till 2 a days start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate off season.

gobbler grad
01-01-2009, 01:27 AM
why did I not know that the Prosper/Wylie game would have the most votes...:thinking:

was a good'en...

20loboes10
01-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Monahans/Bridgeport was an awesome game regardless of who you were for. I still think the green had a lot to do with B performance against Liberty Hill. Seems from all you read and hear though M lost no talent. I could swear two stud receivers, a bull lineman, good tight end and a host of defensive studs. But all I hear about is the Junior class so I suppose they will not miss a beat... I didn't see a JV game so I guess we will see next fall. It will be fun watching the QB as he should roll this next year if he has protection.

Anxious to see what Bridgeport has also, seems to me they lost a few studs as well but would be a fun matchup in 09. But then their is Snyder to deal with also......how many weeks till 2 a days start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate off season.

I agree that this was just an awesome game to watch. I only wish the loboes couldve pulled out a win this year. If everyone can stay healthy for the Monahans team they have a chance to make a deep run next year. My only concern is the passing game. The receiving core can catch but are losing their speed. One thing that would make this M squad an elite team would be if one of the young receivers would step up and become a deep threat. I thought the loboes had a kid that would be their deep threat when I watched the first game against midland christian this season but against Sweetwater he dropped a wide open pass on the first play of the game that would have been a touchdown and after that I dont think he ever recovered because he had alot of key drops during the season. If someone will step up next year at the wide receiver position people will actually start to respect the loboes passing game and open up options in the running game and let the wing t shine. And may I ask who the two stud receivers you are talking about in your post? Arent Sean Britton and Kaleb Warden both graduating?

wtfootball
01-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Yes that was my point. They both leave and I hope they have someone to step up like you said. The one you referred to had some key drops but he also won the Snyder playoff game with a key 4th down catch. In my mind, that in itself made it a great season for him. You are right, get a couple of new receivers to step up and they will be deadly. The QB is a stud. Watch his Midland Christian game and then the playoff games. His accuracy and his entire game improved dramatically. If that continues he will be real fun to watch in 09. I also think Snyder will come back very strong this season. Not sure about Bridgeport because not familiar with what they lost but I think the QB and TB both graduate. Time will tell there is always Andrews, Seminole, etc that will have a thing or two to say about it. To be honest, I think there will be some studs that will be seniors but I also think many are failing to realize they are losing one heck of a senior class. No name positions like O line D line and I worry about it. Will Monahans have the kids to step up? I believe we will be good at skill positions on offense. I hear there was a defensive tackle on JV that was a terrror, we shall see. Go Green

michaelp23
01-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
why did I not know that the Prosper/Wylie game would have the most votes...:thinking:

was a good'en...

Except for the last play!!!:mad:

Sweetwater Red
01-01-2009, 12:21 PM
I voted for Bridgeport vs. Monahans. It wasn't as good as the
game played in 2005. But, it was a good one. Plus it's the
only one on the list that I saw in person.

I wonder if both teams have already reserved the Mustang Bowl
for 2011?:thinking: :D

Budman007
01-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Not sure about Bridgeport because not familiar with what they lost but I think the QB and TB both graduate.

Bulls lose the QB but his littlle bro, the RB returns. Overall, I believe the Bulls lose 14 starters. Key losses are the QB Green, WR Olmos, all of O Line but 1 with Horner, Price and Serafin being huge losses up front; MLB Bracken, and DB's Hale and Krebs.

Bridgeport JV will provide some decent replacements from a 10-0 team.

The Monahans/BP game was nerve racking, but awesome. Monahans will give a lot of teams fits next year.

20loboes10
01-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Yes that was my point. They both leave and I hope they have someone to step up like you said. The one you referred to had some key drops but he also won the Snyder playoff game with a key 4th down catch. In my mind, that in itself made it a great season for him. You are right, get a couple of new receivers to step up and they will be deadly. The QB is a stud. Watch his Midland Christian game and then the playoff games. His accuracy and his entire game improved dramatically. If that continues he will be real fun to watch in 09. I also think Snyder will come back very strong this season. Not sure about Bridgeport because not familiar with what they lost but I think the QB and TB both graduate. Time will tell there is always Andrews, Seminole, etc that will have a thing or two to say about it. To be honest, I think there will be some studs that will be seniors but I also think many are failing to realize they are losing one heck of a senior class. No name positions like O line D line and I worry about it. Will Monahans have the kids to step up? I believe we will be good at skill positions on offense. I hear there was a defensive tackle on JV that was a terrror, we shall see. Go Green

My son plays for the loboes and he told me the dt on jv was a beast but couldnt remember his plays. I hope that he can make the transition to varsity. I also asked my son about the spots open at wide receiver. He said the guy that caught the two-point conversion agianst Bridgeport with one hand could be a really good receiver if he can get alittle faster. Also the jv had a handfull of small speedy receivers. I dont know if u noticed in the Midland Christian game when one the loboes receivers just kind of fell down. He tore his acl and he will also be back and he was splitting time with Warden before he got injured. I cant wait to watch this lobo team play next year and see how Titus does his senior year.

slingshot
01-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I voted for... Wylie/Prosper of course--it was a tough loss, but now that the sting has worn off a little, it truly was an epic game by two great teams that really did not want to lose. Hope we get another shot at them next year (means we will have made the semi's again).
Lot's of good games on our schedule--Liberty Hill, La Vega, Frenship (good 4A), Snyder, Sweetwater, Brownwood, and don't look now--but mark my words--Graham will be good too...
We should be OK talent wise--as always we lose a lot but have probably more starters returning than any time in recent history. Go 'Dawgs in '09!

MamaBull
01-02-2009, 07:13 PM
bridgeport vs prosper week 3---that was a great game as well.

eaglefan34
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by MamaBull
bridgeport vs prosper week 3---that was a great game as well.

Bridgeport vs Argyle wasn't too bad either with the Bulls scoring the winning TD with 6 seconds to go.