PDA

View Full Version : Madison 77 4A #11 Carter 75

JR2004
12-30-2008, 11:51 PM
That's a big, big win for us. Carter has the best team in Dallas and beat us last month 91-63 on our homecourt. The difference this time around is our shooting guard, Timothy Flentroy, played tonight. He sat out the last game with a knee injury, but tonight he scored 29 and his cousin Desmond Flentroy scored 16. Both played all 32 minutes. Desmond has yet to come out of any of our four games thus far because our backup PG is AWOL and hasn't come back from Christmas break.

It was a remarkable comeback in the 2nd half. We were down 48-35 at the half at Ellis Davis, which is basically Carter's homecourt. Over the years I've seen our basketball team just completely meltdown in these kinds of situations, but this group chipped away at the lead and finally took the lead with 23 seconds left. Jarvis Phillips (Carter's QB) missed a three at the buzzer and that was it. The end was funny because I was sitting with two of our old players from three or four years ago who were in town on Christmas break and one of them just flat out said "Man if this was the team from when we played, we'd have quit after getting down 10! We never came back on anyone!"

The championship is tomorrow at Ellis Davis against Kimball who beat Wylie in the semis 60-58. (Wylie deserved the win, but that story is for another day. I'm worried the same thing will happen to us since the Asst. AD for DISD is the father of Kimball's head coach as well as being the former head coach at Kimball.) I don't know if we can take down four straight DISD giants, but we'll try. We're the smallest school in the tournament (Only two 3a's in it are us and Velt), but we're still playing so maybe we'll can pull it off or at least make a game of it.