PDA

View Full Version : Finley gets first TD

mistanice
12-30-2008, 09:31 PM
It came in the last game of the season vs the Lions.

Didn't have a impressive season but maybe he can turn it up by having a good offseason. He is the youngest member of the team @ 21 years of age. He finally got to experience the Lambeau Leap!

Just about everything that occurred at Lambeau Field on Sunday has to be tempered by that it happened against the Detroit Lions — the only team in NFL history to go 0-16.

That said, at least tight end Jermichael Finley gave the Green Bay Packers some reason to think someday he might be a playmaker. The rookie, whose only notable achievement before Sunday’s season finale was catching the ire of the coaching staff for questioning whether they knew how to use him early in the season, finally looked like a guy worth drafting in the third round.

He caught his first NFL touchdown pass in the first quarter on a 3-yard corner against safety Daniel Bullocks. It was a play not unlike the fades he botched at Tennessee and Jacksonville earlier this season.

Then, on the next possession, Finley snared a 26-yard catch down the left sideline against Bullocks. They were his only two receptions, but they were the kind of athletic plays the Packers saw from Finley in his two seasons at Texas.

This performance came after Finley caught a 35-yard pass in last Monday’s loss at Chicago. His last two games turned around what was otherwise a nonproductive first season. Heading into the Bears’ game, he had only three catches for 10 yards.

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2008, 07:22 AM
That's great to hear! I always like hearing about the 3A kids at the next level(s). :clap: :clap:

And at 0-16, he wasn't the only one with a less than impressive season. :( :doh: Hopefully things will look up for him next year.

BuffyMars
12-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's great to hear! I always like hearing about the 3A kids at the next level(s). :clap: :clap:

And at 0-16, he wasn't the only one with a less than impressive season. :( :doh: Hopefully things will look up for him next year.

Finley plays for GB not the Lions

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Finley plays for GB not the Lions
Well, heck! :doh: :doh: I should pay more attention.