PDA

View Full Version : wylie basketball

WHS02
12-30-2008, 08:40 PM
i havn't been home in a couple of weeks and I was just wondering how the boys and girls varsity basketball was doing?
could someone list the latest schedule and scores if possible?
Thanks

injuredinmelee
12-30-2008, 09:41 PM
The girls and boys are playing in the Lubbock Tourney this week. Before the chrsitmas break the girls beat Wall and Sudan two typical powers in West Texas. They will be tested this week possibly having to face 5A #9 Lubbock Coronado.
The boys lost to Weatherford a 5a school before the break but I believe they beat state ranked Brownfield who had previously beaten Weatherford.
I believe both boys and girls won their games in the tourney on Monday but I havent heard on their tuesday games yet.

WHS02
12-30-2008, 10:07 PM

STANG RED
12-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I heard they both lost to Merkel by about 50. :doh:
It must be true, I heard it at the Merkel DQ. :p

Troybuilt
01-01-2009, 08:33 AM
still looking forward to the bwood wylie matchup. we are playing good basketball and wylie aint. had a friend tell me that wylie is strugglin and the coach does seem to care. time will tell but we sure do think we can win. definetly outcoach em.

Johnny Utah
01-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Both coaches, at Wylie and Brownwood are CLASS ACTS and very good coaches. Will come down to which has a better team, will not come down to coaching(kids have to play), they are legends! Fact!

TinyTim
01-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
still looking forward to the bwood wylie matchup. we are playing good basketball and wylie aint. had a friend tell me that wylie is strugglin and the coach does seem to care. time will tell but we sure do think we can win. definetly outcoach em.

Troy,

You are certainly sticking your neck out

so early in the year. The real season hasn't even started yet and I don't even know what your competition level has been like. But I do know this. Wylie can run at full speed for 32 minutes and make less mistakes than playing a slow down game. They have been winning at doing that for the past 8 months. If you or any other team allows them to do that, you will lose. I think that if they play the style of basketball that they are used to, they are as good as any 3a team in the state.
If they don't, you could be right. I would be ready either way when the time comes to play them. I base my opinions on the 56 and 3 record from this past summer against much better competition than we've seen this year.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Go BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

Troybuilt
01-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Both coaches, at Wylie and Brownwood are CLASS ACTS and very good coaches. Will come down to which has a better team, will not come down to coaching(kids have to play), they are legends! Fact!

hold on there ute. Legend is a big time tag and these guys are not legends but coaching is a big part of every game so ther ya go.

everybody is a legend in there on mind

slingshot
01-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
...everybody is a legend in there on mind You sure as heck seem to be... :rolleyes:

Troybuilt
01-02-2009, 02:00 PM
someone call a doctor.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Troy,

You are certainly sticking your neck out

so early in the year.

It's Brownwood, what do you expect.

I do bet they make the playoffs this time though.