PDA

View Full Version : Madison 64 4A #8 Lincoln 52

JR2004
12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Two wins against our biggest rival in the same year for the first time since the 99-00 season. I believe this is our first trip to the semis of the Coca-Cola since 1999 when we beat Highland Park to win the tournament.

Now we've got Carter in another rematch of an earlier game. Carter just knocked off the #1 team in 5A, San Antonio Madison (who was 21-0 coming into the game), in OT and I'm sure they'll be plenty fired up to beat the mess out of us again since their coach has an extreme dislike for our school. I just hope we can make a game of it this time around and not get blown out.

charlesrixey
12-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Two wins against our biggest rival in the same year for the first time since the 99-00 season. I believe this is our first trip to the semis of the Coca-Cola since 1999 when we beat Highland Park to win the tournament.

Now we've got Carter in another rematch of an earlier game. Carter just knocked off the #1 team in 5A, San Antonio Madison (who was 21-0 coming into the game), in OT and I'm sure they'll be plenty fired up to beat the mess out of us again since their coach has an extreme dislike for our school. I just hope we can make a game of it this time around and not get blown out.

:clap:

injuredinmelee
12-30-2008, 09:43 PM
man I would love to be able to catch a great boys tourney.

JR2004
12-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
man I would love to be able to catch a great boys tourney.

I feel very fortunate to live here in Dallas. The Coca-Cola is always fun to watch because it's so competitive and there's usually some pretty good teams among the ten outside of DISD who are invited to play.

mwynn05
12-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Whataburger Blue has been alright this year not many close games though in the top half of the bracket Ponder and Argyle were clearly the two best teams (Cayuga is going to be very good when they finally get to practice some) They played tonight in one semi-final Ponder never trailed and lead the whole game but it was close throughout and Argyle tied it with like 1:30 left or somethingI dono i got kind of into it and wasnt lookin at the clock but after that argyle never saw teh ball again Ponder worked the ball looking for a good shot but could never get one and finally took one with about 3 seconds left that was blocked and knocked out of bounds on the baseline with 1.6 seconds left ponder called time out and set up and inbounds play and hit a shot at the buzzer to win it....a great game with two really good teams playing.