PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas 1/2 airfare special

Bull's-eye
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Just got an email from Southwest Airlines, they are having a 1/2 price special to Vegas. Must book by tomorrow. :)

http://www.southwest.com/landing/vegas_50off.html

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Still to pricy for me...and Vegas? Not really worth it, IMHO.

BTW, the fare going there is fine....it's the return trip where they getcha.

Besides, I'm flying to London on Continental out of IAH for $470 round trip...and used a huge chunk of my Holiday Inn points to get SIX freebie nights at The Holiday Inn - Mayfair....which is just a quick jog through Green Park away from Buckingham Palace. Now that's what I call a sweet deal! :cool:

turbostud
12-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Allegiant Air has pretty good deals. I just looked into going to Disney World during spring break and it would cost me, my wife, and daughter $1907.00 for round trip air fare(McAllen to Orlando), 4 nights in hotel steps away from Disney, rental car, and 3 3day passes to Disney.

turbostud
12-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Still to pricy for me...and Vegas? Not really worth it, IMHO.

BTW, the fare going there is fine....it's the return trip where they getcha.

Besides, I'm flying to London on Continental out of IAH for $470 round trip...and used a huge chunk of my Holiday Inn points to get SIX freebie nights at The Holiday Inn - Mayfair....which is just a quick jog through Green Park away from Buckingham Palace. Now that's what I call a sweet deal! :cool:
Yup just checked. Departing flight $85.00 Return flight $414.00

turbostud
12-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Actually depends on when you travel. I checked for Departing on Thursday and Return on Monday and got 3 roundtrip tickets for $685.00.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Sounds like you came out on the big end of this deal. No way I could afford to travel like that.

Well, the only cash I've spent is the airfare. The hotel is already taken care of. All I need now is spending cash, and now since the economy is in the crapper (so is England's too) it now only takes $1.50 US dollars to make 1 UK pound. Last time I went to London it was $2 US dollars to 1 pound, so things like English Cider at the ol' pubs over there are a bit lighter on my wallet.

DU_stud04
12-30-2008, 04:47 PM
ill greyhound back..... :D

Bull's-eye
12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
I found airfare for 2 at the total cost of $297 and I have some free nights at the Paris hotel. :)