PDA

View Full Version : Attention 3ADownlow Fantasy Players

sinton66
10-06-2003, 08:52 AM
We need a ruling. Our commissioner seems to feel he has the right to change the setup at will. We are well into the season, and I don't think changes should be made to the settings without the rest of the league's input and/or permission. What do the rest of you think? I left this same message on Yahoo, but apparently he saw fit to delete it.

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

jason
10-06-2003, 08:54 AM
i dont think he can change league settings, im the commish of the hockey and i looked to see if that was possible and its not. I really think it has something to do with the dropping/adding of players, that's the only thing I could come up with.... :mad: :( :mad: frown

sinton66
10-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Look at the changes sections under the "Overview". He changed the "waivers" requirement and then changed it back about three hours later. He has made changes to the scoring before without consulting any of the team owners/managers. Since league settings affect all of us, we should have an input on the decisions.

BIG19
10-06-2003, 09:41 AM
If changes are being made, that is wrong and should not be made on the whim of the commish. If changes need to be made, then it should go to everyone. I don't see why changes should be made since we all started under the same rules. Just my two cents.

jason
10-06-2003, 09:55 AM
i agree..now two of us have been, uhm, well you know what i mean, i cant say it without being ROM...

sinton66
10-06-2003, 10:13 AM
jason, if you look at the last changes he made, it is apparant to me that he tried to prevent you from adding anyone playing tonight to your roster. I'm sorry, but that ain't right. He could have caused serious problems for other owner/managers as well. Obviously, the change didn't have quite the desired effect he wanted.

3afan
10-06-2003, 10:21 AM
your commish knows not what he does. he did change the waivers deadline (I think thats what it was) but he said he put it back. he also told me some stat correction was done (not by him, it's done automatically by Yahoo!) and it resulted in a few results changing.

you can be sure he will get the "integrity" speech tonight following his game with Ennis. that is if he's coherent. :D

<small>[ October 06, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

sinton66
10-06-2003, 10:28 AM
I didn't intend to make it this public, but he didn't give me much choice when he deleted my message on Yahoo. I'm not holding a grudge either.
Just want it to be fair for everyone.

3afan
10-06-2003, 10:29 AM
no problem !!! it will be taken care of !!!

mwynn05
10-06-2003, 04:19 PM
sinton66:
We need a ruling. Our commissioner seems to feel he has the right to change the setup at will. We are well into the season, and I don't think changes should be made to the settings without the rest of the league's input and/or permission. What do the rest of you think? I left this same message on Yahoo, but apparently he saw fit to delete it.Ive noticed this too... some times i will claculate a few of my main players points ad ive noticed being different is he trying to benefit himself b changeing the points to benefit his best players stats? i doubt he would do that but its just not fair with out notifying the league

3afan2K3
10-06-2003, 04:31 PM
3afan:
your commish knows not what he does. he did change the waivers deadline (I think thats what it was) but he said he put it back. he also told me some stat correction was done (not by him, it's done automatically by Yahoo!) and it resulted in a few results changing.

you can be sure he will get the "integrity" speech tonight following his game with Ennis. that is if he's coherent. :D Thats true. I showed 3afan the page with the corrections and even showed him the same page on a public league