PDA

View Full Version : It's Witten, not Whitten

crzyjournalist03
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Just a public service announcement about the NFL's best tight end. His name is Jason Witten, not Whitten.

Sorry, after about the hundredth time I've read "Whitten" in the last couple of days, it really started to bug me.

I'll get off my soapbox now. :)

Emerson1
12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Anyone who spells it like that doesnt know what they are talking about anyways so dont even pay attention to their "insight".

Orange Defense
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Just a public service announcement about the NFL's best tight end. His name is Jason Witten, not Whitten.

Sorry, after about the hundredth time I've read "Whitten" in the last couple of days, it really started to bug me.

I'll get off my soapbox now. :)

Kind of like the "to" vs "too" or the "there" vs "their???:nerd:

DDBooger
12-30-2008, 11:36 AM
"lose" and "loose"

Emerson1
12-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Kind of like the "to" vs "too" or the "there" vs "their???:nerd: Not really. If someone claimed to be an english major or really smart then you call them on it, if not its just a simple mistake. The people spelling it that way are claiming to be cowboy fans, but if you cant even spell their best players name you lose all credibility.

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not really. If someone claimed to be an english major or really smart then you call them on it, if not its just a simple mistake. The people spelling it that way are claiming to be cowboy fans, but if you cant even spell their best players name you lose all credibility.

:rolleyes:

Where does anybody get credibility on this board?

Even of the longtime posters... how many have true insight into the Cowboys via some connection or source?

Probably zero.

If that is the case, then everyone is just throwing out opinions... one is probably worth about as much as the other.

LOL, reminds me of Aikmen vs. Aikman

ILS1
12-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
"lose" and "loose"

This is the MOST misspelled word by far here on 3ADL!!!!

:D :D :D

ILS1
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
This is the MOST misspelled word by far here on 3ADL!!!!

This one and Wimberley!!!!!!!!! Everyone always forgets that last E!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
12-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Even of the longtime posters... how many have true insight into the Cowboys via some connection or source?

Probably zero.

If that is the case, then everyone is just throwing out opinions... one is probably worth about as much as the other.

Slpy....I hang out in at least 2 Bridgeport coffee shops and that gives me "instant" credibility in all things from world situations to sports teams to how to cure calf scours. We have experts in attendance in all fields---there is no subject for which we do not have several experts with the answer---admittedly maybe far from being "PC" correct solutions---but dang sure solutions. :D

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Slpy....I hang out in at least 2 Bridgeport coffee shops and that gives me "instant" credibility in all things from world situations to sports teams to how to cure calf scours. We have experts in attendance in all fields---there is no subject for which we do not have several experts with the answer---admittedly maybe far from being "PC" correct solutions---but dang sure solutions. :D

Well heck... with those kinda Bona Fides I will have to eat a bit of Crow!

LOL... :D

And yeah, you do have the most "PC" solutions of anyone I know.

SWMustang
12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Cool Whip

88bobcats
12-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Our coffee shops experts are smarter than your coffee shop experts!

:devil:

:D

WylieBulldog92
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
People putting a "s" on China Spring and Big Spring?

SWMustang
12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
and Coldspring

Trashman
12-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Our coffee shops experts are smarter than your coffee shop experts!

:devil:

:D

Hey! I would put our What-a-Burger up against your coffee shop any day!:D

Rabid Cougar
12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
While we are at it....putting "Waco" in front of LaVega, Connally and Robinson.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
It's also Chase Daniel, not Chase Daniels. :)

ILS1
01-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Here's another one:

Ditto and not dido!!!

Is Dido an English singer? White Flag and Thank You? She's actually kinda hot!!!

Emerson1
01-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Probably zero.

It doesn't matter what connections or source you have. If you can't even spell the best players name then you shouldn't even be talking about what is wrong with the team.

eagles_victory
01-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
While we are at it....putting "Waco" in front of LaVega, Connally and Robinson. Robinson is its own town right? and Lavega is in Bellmead and Connally is in Lacey Lakeview right?

Electus Unus
01-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Is is also Quan Cosby not Quan Crosby as some say. :D

GetRDoneStangs
01-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Another one.....

Roscoe Highland...6 man school....

Roscoe is barely big enough to well..be Roscoe....

It is just Highland High School...out in the middle of some where!!

If you have never been there....just go south of Roscoe on FM 604 about 6 or 10
miles and you will see it!!

Rabid Cougar
01-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Robinson is its own town right? and Lavega is in Bellmead and Connally is in Lacey Lakeview right?

Correct a moondo

Farmersfan
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It doesn't matter what connections or source you have. If you can't even spell the best players name then you shouldn't even be talking about what is wrong with the team.

Knowledge of the game isn't conditional on knowing the proper spelling of someone's name. That would insinuate that an illiterate person has no knowledge at all about any subject................
Perhaps the offending speller was remarking on the overall aspect of football and not something about the personal nature of the individual person. Would your rule also require that that a person know the shoe size of the subject of the conversation before he is taken seriously?