PDA

View Full Version : Should the Cowboys draft Chase Daniel

Looking4number8
12-30-2008, 09:18 AM
I think he is a senior and he would probably be available later in the draft when the Cowboys would be willing to draft a QB. He is a hometown boy so you would not have to pay him much. He could live at home with his mom (by the way, the mom was pretty cute). One thing for sure, the kid is a winner.

Trashman
12-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't know.........How close does Mom live to the Wood?:D

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I think he is a senior and he would probably be available later in the draft when the Cowboys would be willing to draft a QB. He is a hometown boy so you would not have to pay him much. He could live at home with his mom (by the way, the mom was pretty cute). One thing for sure, the kid is a winner.

no..bring him in as a UFA, but I would not draft him

You say he is a winner, and he was in HS, but he also in college had a tendancy to really come up short in big games

speaking of short...he is only 6'0

crzyjournalist03
12-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no..bring him in as a UFA, but I would not draft him

You say he is a winner, and he was in HS, but he also in college had a tendancy to really come up short in big games

You really think he'll go undrafted? I was thinking he'd end up around a 3rd or 4th round pick.

waterboy
12-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, his Mom and sister are pretty hot.:inlove: I like the idea of possibly looking at a backup for Romo. One of the things the Cowboys need, other than offensive linemen and defensive backs, is a backup quarterback. I really don't think the Cowboys will look for a QB in the draft, though, unless it's in at least the 3rd or 4th round, and then it'll just be a project player. I agree that Chase Daniel will be around for at least into the 2nd round in the draft. I think his stock has dropped since about midway through the season, but I do think he will be a pro quarterback, and a pretty good one.

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
You really think he'll go undrafted? I was thinking he'd end up around a 3rd or 4th round pick.

he is 6'0 and been in a spread offense, that does not bode well

if he is drafted that high then a team is making a HUGE HUGE leap.

unless he shows off a cannon for a arm at combine, I cannot see anyone drafting him that high.

I put it to u this way

Colt Brennan is 6'3 and had better stats in the spread and he was not picked till 6th round

Orange Defense
12-30-2008, 09:56 AM

Hey TXB, I resemble that remark...:D

westcoast54
12-30-2008, 10:53 AM
he is 6'0 and been in a spread offense, that does not bode well

if he is drafted that high then a team is making a HUGE HUGE leap.

unless he shows off a cannon for a arm at combine, I cannot see anyone drafting him that high.

I put it to u this way

Colt Brennan is 6'3 and had better stats in the spread and he was not picked till 6th round

He's not even 6'...try 5'10"...and that's probably stretching it. The kid is a winner. He is also very, very intelligent. Knows the game of football. He will get his chance. Everybody said Flutie was too short, and he did all right for himself.

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
He's not even 6'...try 5'10"...and that's probably stretching it. The kid is a winner. He is also very, very intelligent. Knows the game of football. He will get his chance. Everybody said Flutie was too short, and he did all right for himself.

Chase was a winner in HS..in college remains to be seen he always had bad games in big games

Pick6
12-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Chase was a winner in HS..in college remains to be seen he always had bad games in big games

He also never had the most talent around him either. Give him OU or UT's talent and he'd be the talk of the draft.

Orange Defense
12-30-2008, 11:15 AM

Hey, that means Chase would fit right in with the 08 Cowboys... HEHEHEHE

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
He also never had the most talent around him either. Give him OU or UT's talent and he'd be the talk of the draft.
sorry but I disagree

Mizzou had more firepower coming back on the offensive side of the ball than UT did this year.

Emerson1
12-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Hey, that means Chase would fit right in with the 08 Cowboys... HEHEHEHE That and he is a turnover machine

Pick6
12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
sorry but I disagree

Mizzou had more firepower coming back on the offensive side of the ball than UT did this year.

It's not surprising that you disagree with something.

Mizzou has 1 reciever that is great, take him away and Mizzou is average on offense.

Orange Defense
12-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That and he is a turnover machine

Well then he (Chase) and Tony Homee Romo could console each other...:D.. Cuddle buddies..:devil: ooh that's sick!!!:D

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
It's not surprising that you disagree with something.

Mizzou has 1 reciever that is great, take him away and Mizzou is average on offense.

wow sorry for having my own opinion

Mizzou had a 1K rusher A John Mackey Award winning TE in coffman and then Maclin

That is three weapons for Chase right there

what did UT have coming back?

ONE solid WR in Crosby, one always injured WR in Shipley, lost their big play RB and big play TE...

again going into the year Mizzou had more weapons back on offense..it was the whole reason they started season ranked so high

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I think Chase is a great guy and hope he does well....

BUT...

If my call came up in the first round and he was available he would still be available.

He has not had a great senior year at Mizzou, certainly.
He does put the ball in the defenses hand.
And he certainly doesn't compare well to other QBs in the draft.

I would guess he is at best a 4th rounder...

westcoast54
12-30-2008, 12:24 PM
I in know way think Daniels is a first day draft guy. If, he gets drafted it will be late. Yes, he had weapons around him on offense and yes he struggled some this year but he had to gamble more this year than last. They had a good defense last year. This year's defense was horrible against the pass. I think that hurt him more this year than anything. When your having to put up 35+ a game just to have a chance to win....your in trouble.

Don't forget...he was a Heisman Finalist last year. He's good and will get a shot. His size will give him problems with the NFL people. Someone also mentioned Colt Brennon and that he didn't go until the 7th round...he also played in the WAC. There's a HUGE difference in the WAC and the Big XII. Ummm, what did Colt do last year against the one quality team they played????

Diocletian
12-30-2008, 01:14 PM
If he's there and available, YES.

bigYoe
12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
If you remember last year they were talking about Chase being a first rounder when they were having a pretty good year. Now that there season is over and it was an average one people are saying he's a 3rd rounder at best. To me its all about what conference you're in and how big you are in the media. Look at Bradford, he wouldnt have gotten the heisman and possible wouldnt be in the NCG if they wouldnt have put up 60 plus in almost every game. Now days its all about who's got your back. Honestly I do think he'll get drafted because of arm strength and mobility in the pocket. 2nd rounder though at the best i believe, and I do wish the best for him seein as he's a Texas boy. Good Luck Chase.

TxAthlete
12-30-2008, 01:34 PM
If they're going to draft a qb, I think they should wait and pick up Bradford. I really don't like OU......but make no mistake, Bradford can throw the football. I watched him throw through windows (consistantly) that Peyton Manning would only be able to hit half the time, maybe a little more. Hate OU, but I gotta give him that.

LH Panther Mom
12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
but he also in college had a tendancy to really come up short in big games
And that'd be different, how......? :thinking: :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Hey, that means Chase would fit right in with the 08 Cowboys... HEHEHEHE :doh: :doh: GMTA! :D

Emerson1
12-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by TxAthlete
If they're going to draft a qb, I think they should wait and pick up Bradford. I really don't like OU......but make no mistake, Bradford can throw the football. I watched him throw through windows (consistantly) that Peyton Manning would only be able to hit half the time, maybe a little more. Hate OU, but I gotta give him that.
Ok we know the Cowboys are Americas team, but they can't just decide they want a top 5 pick and take Sam Bradford.

TxAthlete
12-31-2008, 01:12 AM
you do know they can trade people, draft picks, etc. right?

I honestly don't know what I would do, but I wouldn't take Daniels and expect him to go to the super bowl.

JR2004
12-31-2008, 01:18 AM
I would be pretty surprised to see Daniel go before the 5th round, but wouldn't be shocked at all to see him go undrafted. He's just too short and he's never played under center at all.