PDA

View Full Version : Big XII Teams Will Go 6-1 In The Bowls This Year

ILS1
12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Starting tonight.

The winners:

Missouri over Northwestern

Okie Lite over Oregon (This game will be a shoot-out)

Kansas over Minnesota

Nebraska over Clemson (I've flip-flopped on this game twice)

Texas Tech over Ole Miss

Texas over Ohio State

The Loser:
Oklahoma (Choklahoma has lost their last 5 bowl games,make it 6. Talk about their offense all you want but their defense will be their Achilles heel against the Gators)

:D :D :D

Bigworm
12-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Well said my friend

Trashman
12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
:clap: :iagree: :clap:

Diocletian
12-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I agree with 6-1

Only the one loss coming from a great QB Snead from Ole Miss, I have them upsetting Tech big time.

Trashman
12-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
I agree with 6-1

Only the one loss coming from a great QB Snead from Ole Miss, I have them upsetting Tech big time.

Tech's defense will be all over Cut-N-Run, he won't be able to stay in the pocket long enough to complete a good pass.:D

WylieBulldog92
12-29-2008, 08:27 PM
whoops northwestern.

skins4life
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
The Mizzou defense better step up or they're going to get a whuppin'.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I. B. Watching
12-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Chase Daniel is the Tony Romo of college football

ILS1
12-30-2008, 01:53 AM
Big XII is 1-0 now!!!

ILS1
12-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by ILS1

The Loser:
Oklahoma (Choklahoma has lost their last 5 bowl games,make it 6. Talk about their offense all you want but their defense will be their Achilles heel against the Gators)

I forgot to add that the last 7 Heisman winners are 1-6 in their bowl games!!!!

Phil C
12-30-2008, 10:10 AM

But one of them is bound to win this year though. Of course at the same time one of them is bound to lose. :)

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Your pick wouldn't be due to the fact that OU is in the NC and not ut would it?
:kiss:

DDBooger
12-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
Your pick wouldn't be due to the fact that OU is in the NC and not ut would it?
:kiss: that or OU's performance in the what , last 3 or 4 bowl games? I think they have a shot. But we'll see.

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
that or OU's performance in the what , last 3 or 4 bowl games? I think they have a shot. But we'll see.
OU
Awards
National titles 7
Conference titles 42
Heisman winners 5
All-Americans 144
All-time record 791–296–53
Postseason bowl record 24–16–1

ut
Awards
National titles 4
Conference titles 29
Heisman winners 2
All-Americans 120
All-time record 827–316–33 (.724)
Postseason bowl record 23–21–2

We do Ok!

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 10:51 AM
OU
Awards
National titles 7
Conference titles 42
Heisman winners 5
All-Americans 144
All-time record 791–296–53
Postseason bowl record 24–16–1

ut
Awards
National titles 4
Conference titles 29
Heisman winners 2
All-Americans 120
All-time record 827–316–33 (.724)
Postseason bowl record 23–21–2

We do Ok!

What does that have to do with OU's performance in BCS bowls over the last few years?

Like it or not, the Big Game Bob nickname has become a joke more than anything else

OU now faces the question that chased Mack Brown around

Can they win in big games when oppnent's talent and coaching is as good as OU

DDBooger
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
What does that have to do with OU's performance in BCS bowls over the last few years?

Like it or not, the Big Game Bob nickname has become a joke more than anything else

lmao, you beat me to it! oh well, you never know, maybe Stoops is getting some insider advice from Switzer lol

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 11:01 AM

and the three years prior to that 01,02,03 were all wins, ut is just over .500 in bowls, it not like they have much to brag about! Win 3 more NC's and we can talk about it. I guess a 26-24 win over Iowa in a non BCS bowl is some type of great accomplishment! At least ut made a BCS bowl this year :clap:

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 11:10 AM
and the three years prior to that 01,02,03 were all wins, ut is just over .500 in bowls, it not like they have much to brag about! Win 3 more NC's and we can talk about it. I guess a 26-24 win over Iowa in a non BCS bowl is some type of great accomplishment! At least ut made a BCS bowl this year :clap:

nice way to dodge the point and try to bring it back on UT

It is all about what you do NOW instead of in 01,02,03

Stoops agianst Mack Brown since 05

1-3

Stoops bowl record 4-5

Stoops BCS record since 03
0-4

2-4 overall

Brown's BCS record 2-0

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 11:20 AM
nice way to dodge the point and try to bring it back on UT

It is all about what you do NOW instead of in 01,02,03

Stoops agianst Mack Brown since 05

1-3

Stoops bowl record 4-5

Stoops BCS record since 03
0-4

2-4 overall

Brown's BCS record 2-0
What he has done NOW is take his team to the NC game, enjoy the Fiesta Bowl, while you look at your tattered pic of VY and the confetti falling........

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 11:25 AM
What he has done NOW is take his team to the NC game, enjoy the Fiesta Bowl, while you look at your tattered pic of VY and the confetti falling........

wow..sad when you can only try to find away to run down UT

I have not said one bad thing about OU or Stoops, Just pointing out the perception and the records

I dont even think it is fair to label Stoops unable to win the big game, just like it was unfair to label Brown the same way

as far as looking at the "tattered pic"

Well until u win it, the pic u have is all the way back in 2000..when Stoops won with a core of John Blake players

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Starting tonight.

The Loser:

I was replying to this post and then posted that we have done o.k. over the years, you came in with what have you done lately, OU is a very good team and you would think that they would get the support of other Big XII teams but the ut fans just can't.................good luck in you bowl game. It's like arguing who has the best dog.........no win situation!

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 11:37 AM
I was replying to this post and then posted that we have done o.k. over the years, you came in with what have you done lately, OU is a very good team and you would think that they would get the support of other Big XII teams but the ut fans just can't.................good luck in you bowl game. It's like arguing who has the best dog.........no win situation!

please show me where I said I was not supporting OU in this game?

DDBooger
12-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I was replying to this post and then posted that we have done o.k. over the years, you came in with what have you done lately, OU is a very good team and you would think that they would get the support of other Big XII teams but the ut fans just can't.................good luck in you bowl game. It's like arguing who has the best dog.........no win situation! ILS1 is one fan, forming an opinion about all UT fans by one fan is pretty dumb. Likewise, you response to him drew a counter-claim. nothing wrong with that. I want OU to win to hopefully create a situation where UT can share the national title by claiming the AP, then again, that could happen with UF winning also. Something tells me if OU loses again, they will get the same label Ohio St gets.

ILS1
12-30-2008, 11:49 AM

Just pointing out the facts!! Truth hurts sometimes. Until they win a big game again maybe they will finally lose that moniker. But has anyone notice, that since UT has come back to the National scene that the percentage of Texas HS football players on OU teams has shrunk. When OU won their last NC in 2000. We can agree that 90% of the players were from Texas. While now today, it has shrunk to around 75-80 percent!!! I think we can give credit not only to Mack & Texas but also Leach & Texas Tech. So wanna win again,get more Texas HS football players!!!

Electus Unus
12-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Just pointing out the facts!! Truth hurts sometimes. Until they win a big game again maybe they will finally lose that moniker. But has anyone notice, that since UT has come back to the National scene that the percentage of Texas HS football players on OU teams has shrunk. When OU won their last NC in 2000. We can agree that 90% of the players were from Texas. While now today, it has shrunk to around 75-80 percent!!! I think we can give credit not only to Mack & Texas but also Leach & Texas Tech.

:D :D :D Don't forget LSU...they have emerged as a recruiting power in the state of Texas.

ronwx5x
12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
OU is a very good team and you would think that they would get the support of other Big XII teams but the ut fans just can't.................

A couple of observations:

1. This is a TEXAS high school board. I can certainly understand why one would not find many Oklahoma fans.

2. Many OU players come from Texas. Some Texans feel this is theft and betrayal. Probably exaggerated, but that is the perception.

3. Not all posters went to UT. I did not, but I am still not a fan of OU, even though they represent The Big XII in the NC game. No great fan of UT, but I wish them well.

These observations were true before the embarassing loss by my alma mater to OU. Has nothing to do with short term memories.

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Hmmm...

I am good UT Fan.

I always love to see UT beat 0U.

I will be pulling for 0U in the NC. Why? Cause I do want to see the Big12 roll all the other conferences and demonstrate where the best Football is played. Cause I am tired of hearing about the SEC. (And Cause Texas already beat 0U... Why not lay a claim to the NC based upon that? ;) )

I. B. Watching
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I am just pleased that OU has been able to put itself in a position to play for so many national titles. Winning a few more would be great, no doubt, but I would much rather have had the opportunity to compete for them than not. Having won seven, and having had a chance to win a few more has given me plenty to cheer about over the years. Lots of other schools would love to have an opportunity to be in the title hunt so often.

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 12:22 PM
No matter what forum you pick, it is always brought up that OU has an abundance of players from Texas. Texas high school football put out more collegiate players than any other state. The number of players are far more than the University of Texas can absorb. That and the depth of blue chip players on the UT roster effect the decision made by those high school players. With OU being the closest school to UT (with the exception of LSU for the southern part of the state) that offers the best chance of TV time and a hope for a NC. Considering that Oklahoma doesn't play high school football at the same level and depth that Texas does, yes they do produce D-1 players but not the number that Texas does. Do you really think that the number of Texas kids playing at OU is questionable. It is close enough for family to go watch, they have an outstanding program, not every kid is in love with UT. You can find Texas kids on just about every level of college ball from Juco to National ranked teams, not just OU. We had a kid in our home town that was a top high school prospect, All-State, Army All-Star game, Rival's top 10 in his position, and never wanted to go anywhere except OU. :D

ILS1
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
No matter what forum you pick, it is always brought up that OU has an abundance of players from Texas. Texas high school football put out more collegiate players than any other state. The number of players are far more than the University of Texas can absorb. That and the depth of blue chip players on the UT roster effect the decision made by those high school players. With OU being the closest school to UT (with the exception of LSU for the southern part of the state) that offers the best chance of TV time and a hope for a NC. Considering that Oklahoma doesn't play high school football at the same level and depth that Texas does, yes they do produce D-1 players but not the number that Texas does. Do you really think that the number of Texas kids playing at OU is questionable. It is close enough for family to go watch, they have an outstanding program, not every kid is in love with UT. You can find Texas kids on just about every level of college ball from Juco to National ranked teams, not just OU. We had a kid in our home town that was a top high school prospect, All-State, Army All-Star game, Rival's top 10 in his position, and never wanted to go anywhere except OU. :D

FINALLY something we can agree upon!!! Well said my friend!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D

I. B. Watching
12-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Just pointing out the facts!! Truth hurts sometimes. Until they win a big game again maybe they will finally lose that moniker. But has anyone notice, that since UT has come back to the National scene that the percentage of Texas HS football players on OU teams has shrunk. When OU won their last NC in 2000. We can agree that 90% of the players were from Texas. While now today, it has shrunk to around 75-80 percent!!! I think we can give credit not only to Mack & Texas but also Leach & Texas Tech. So wanna win again,get more Texas HS football players!!

I would think wins over Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Missouri this year were big games. In 2000, 90 percent of the players were not from Texas. Not among starters either. At that time, we actually felt OU was not recruiting Texas hard enough. There were some key ones from Texas, thank goodness, but there were many key ones from Oklahoma and other states.

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
I would think wins over Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Missouri this year were big games. .

Your now getting what UT fans got...Only big games are ones u lose..never understood that, but that is perception

I. B. Watching
12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Your now getting what UT fans got...Only big games are ones u lose..never understood that, but that is perception

Bingo. Nicely put.

ronwx5x
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by ronwx5x
A couple of observations:

1. This is a TEXAS high school board. I can certainly understand why one would not find many Oklahoma fans.

2. Many OU players come from Texas. Some Texans feel this is theft and betrayal. Probably exaggerated, but that is the perception.

3. Not all posters went to UT. I did not, but I am still not a fan of OU, even though they represent The Big XII in the NC game. No great fan of UT, but I wish them well.

These observations were true before the embarassing loss by my alma mater to OU. Has nothing to do with short term memories.

Let me say first, at the expense of repeating myself, UT is not the only University in the state of Texas. I chose to attend a university other than UT and have never regretted it.

Next, I never even hinted in my post that "the number of Texas kids playing at OU is questionable" so where did that arrow come from?

Nor did I say anywhere that if an athlete can get a better education, better scholarship, play in a more competitive program, or any other of many reasons, that he/she should not go out of state to play ball.

Matter of fact, I stated that "some" people dislike OU taking quality players from Texas (state of, not University of). I never said I was one of them. I wish the great players would go to TT, but I don't begrudge them picking somewhere other than Lubbock.

UT as well as OU fans get all sensitive and defensive if anyone ever states anything that can be construed as negative toward their school, true or not.

Please reread my original post , especially point number 2, and see where I disparaged any person or school and I will be the first to apologize.

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Let me say first, at the expense of repeating myself, UT is not the only University in the state of Texas. I chose to attend a university other than UT and have never regretted it.

Next, I never even hinted in my post that "the number of Texas kids playing at OU is questionable" so where did that arrow come from?

Nor did I say anywhere that if an athlete can get a better education, better scholarship, play in a more competitive program, or any other of many reasons, that he/she should not go out of state to play ball.

Matter of fact, I stated that "some" people dislike OU taking quality players from Texas (state of, not University of). I never said I was one of them. I wish the great players would go to TT, but I don't begrudge them picking somewhere other than Lubbock.

UT as well as OU fans get all sensitive and defensive if anyone ever states anything that can be construed as negative toward their school, true or not.

Please reread my original post , especially point number 2, and see where I disparaged any person or school and I will be the first to apologize.
Where in my post did I begridge you or any kid or say that you disparared any person?

WTF-82
12-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Starting tonight.

The winners:

Missouri over Northwestern

Okie Lite over Oregon (This game will be a shoot-out)

Kansas over Minnesota

Nebraska over Clemson (I've flip-flopped on this game twice)

Texas Tech over Ole Miss

Texas over Ohio State

The Loser:

You are crazy and it showed last night with Northwestern and Missouri Big 12 is good but way overrated

WTF-82
12-30-2008, 07:02 PM
OU has dominated the Big 12 last 8 years 1 for the Vince Young Horns and Kstate the other. Problem is they go to tough BCS games and get rocked. All the other Big 12 schools get nice little matchups look at Texas last year against ASU the sun devils were terrible. I dont think OU chockes in big game just that everyone plays them great some tough games they have been in. Boise St game well that one Boise just made some incredible plays to pull that one off. Everyone just needs to take a second look at the Big 12. Norhwestern showed last night everyone was saying that the Big 10 was not even the same league and they put it on Zuri yes Missouri won the game but was against a team that struggled against 3 win Michigan.

N4SIR
12-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
You are crazy and it showed last night with Northwestern and Missouri Big 12 is good but way overrated
Crazy? I think not. So far ILS1 is 1 for 1 and I think his perdictions will go 7 for 7. OU does choke in bowl games. Don't give me this crap about tough games versus nice little matchups. The facts are the facts -- OU can't win a bowl game. And btw -- they ain't gone win this next one either. Me thinks the Gator defense is going to pummel Bradford (here's hoping they do anyway).

ILS1
12-30-2008, 08:03 PM

I think is more of the fact that Northwestern came to play and Missouri was flat. They lost a close one to Kansas in a rivalry shootout in the season finale. Then they got blown out by OU in the Big XII Championship. It takes time to get things back together!!!

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Crazy? I think not. So far ILS1 is 1 for 1 and I think his predictions will go 7 for 7. OU does choke in bowl games. Don't give me this crap about tough games versus nice little match-ups. The facts are the facts -- OU can't win a bowl game. And BTW -- they ain't gone win this next one either. Me thinks the Gator defense is going to pummel Bradford (here's hoping they do anyway).
Gator fan or non OU fan?

I went to OU, as long as OU is not playing ut I pull for the Longhorns. The more Big XII teams win against non-conference teams especially in bowl games, the more credibility the conference gains. If Florida's defense is so dominate, I guess your glad you have Ohio instead of the Gators. Ya know match-ups mean so little. :D

N4SIR
12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
HORNS fan

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Gator fan or non OU fan?
sucks to hear ur team cannot win the big game dont it...I know, as a UT fan I got tired of it

Daddy D 11
12-30-2008, 08:12 PM
OU has no defense to stop Florida.

LH Panther Mom
12-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Does anyone have a schedule of the upcoming games Big XII teams are in?

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
sucks to hear ur team cannot win the big game dont it...I know, as a UT fan I got tired of it
It is what it is, doesn't suck at all! OU doesn't have to stand aside to any school if you want to compare successes.

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
OU has no defense to stop Florida.
Your right Florida just has to score 61 points!:eek:

Daddy D 11
12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Your right Florida just has to score 61 points!:eek:

They won't have to, if the OU defense is unable to get Tebow off the field then Bradford isn't much of a weapon. Both offenses are great, but Florida's Defense is worlds better than Oklahomas.

The Gators will chomp the Sooners. I am a huge Horns fan and I will be rooting for the Sooners next week, but I just don't see the OU defense doing anything to stop Tebow.

Dieselsmoke
12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
They won't have to, if the OU defense is unable to get Tebow off the field then Bradford isn't much of a weapon. Both offenses are great, but Florida's Defense is worlds better than Oklahomas.

The Gators will chomp the Sooners. I am a huge Horns fan and I will be rooting for the Sooners next week, but I just don't see the OU defense doing anything to stop Tebow.
In high school Sulphur Springs was much the same, not a great defense...........but what an offense. Hope this goes the same, OU gets a couple of stops and just outscores Florida.

ILS1
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Does anyone have a schedule of the upcoming games Big XII teams are in?
Alamo Bowl
Missouri 30 Northwestern 23 Final

Pacific Life Holiday Bowl
Oklahoma State vs. Oregon San Diego,Ca
Qualcomm Stadium Dec. 30,8:00 p.m. ESPN

Insight Bowl
Kansas vs. Minnesota Tempe, Ariz.
Sun Devil Stadium Dec. 31, 5:30 p.m. NFL Network

Konica Minolta Gator Bowl
Nebraska vs. Clemson Jacksonville, Fla.
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium Jan. 1, 2009, 1 p.m. CBS

AT&T Cotton Bowl
Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech Dallas
Cotton Bowl Jan. 2, 2009, 2 p.m. FOX

Tostitos Fiesta
Ohio State vs. Texas Glendale, Ariz.
University of Phoenix Stadium Jan. 5, 2009, 8 p.m. FOX

FedEx BCS National Championship Game
Florida vs. Oklahoma Miami
Dolphin Stadium Jan. 8, 2009, 8 p.m. FOX

All times are Eastern

WTF-82
12-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Crazy? I think not. So far ILS1 is 1 for 1 and I think his perdictions will go 7 for 7. OU does choke in bowl games. Don't give me this crap about tough games versus nice little matchups. The facts are the facts -- OU can't win a bowl game. And btw -- they ain't gone win this next one either. Me thinks the Gator defense is going to pummel Bradford (here's hoping they do anyway).

I think not. Oregon just put it on the OSU Cowboys if not for a great first qtr for the Cowboys this game could of got nasty 11 point win by Oregon against mighty Big 12 south team that only lost by 4pts to Texas. Lets see what happens tommorow with Kansas but right now Big 12 was close to being 0-2 but Northwestern gave them a late Holiday gift.

WTF-82
12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Honestly I do think Kansas will win tommorow.

Minnesota is not playing good football. I think 3 win Michigan is a better team than they are in the Big 10.
Gophers are lucky to be in this game.

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2008, 12:14 AM
IMO Bowl games do not tell the true strength or weakness of any conferece

Alot depends on the mind sets of the teams in the bowls, some teams want to be at that certain bowl, others do not.

Plus with time played between the bowl game and last game of the season, I just dont think how conferences do in bowls really tells anythiing

WTF-82
12-31-2008, 12:16 AM
I think is more of the fact that Northwestern came to play and Missouri was flat. They lost a close one to Kansas in a rivalry shootout in the season finale. Then they got blown out by OU in the Big XII Championship. It takes time to get things back together!!!

Bud if you cant get up for a Bowl game you have problems. That was not the case Chase Daniel is a hard worker would never let this be a problem. And dont think the Head Coach would let that happen Northwestern made them flat. Northwestern just showed there stuff againt the Big 12 North Champ and the conference runner-up.

WTF-82
12-31-2008, 12:18 AM
IMO Bowl games do not tell the true strength or weakness of any conferece

Alot depends on the mind sets of the teams in the bowls, some teams want to be at that certain bowl, others do not.

Plus with time played between the bowl game and last game of the season, I just dont think how conferences do in bowls really tells anythiing

So do u think maybe this is OU problem not wanting to play in BCS games the last 2 years.

bandera7
12-31-2008, 01:23 AM
Firstly, Ok St. dominated until they lost Dez Bryant. I know he came back but he wasnt himself. When they lost the best receiver in college football (call me crazy, I honestly think he is), the game shifted to Oregon.

As for the Florida-OU game. I feel like I am the only person in the country watching the Florida Gators really play. Tebow throws horrible passes, they arent spirals, they are off target, and his receivers make unbelievable catches to make him look good. And OU's defense is better than they are given credit for. Remember, they played in the conference with some of the top offenses in the nation. When your opposing teams game plan is to eat clock and keep the score low, its easy to hold them to a relatively small amount of yardage. When you play a spread with the best group of quarterbacks in the nation running the show, its hard to keep the other team under 300 yards.

WTF-82
01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Good job today by Nebraska

Big 12 North has done a good job. Nebraska and Missouri found ways to win Kansas was just better than there opponent.

Let see if the South teams can make a come back so far 0-1 with Oklahome St Loss. My pick next three Tech wins theres but UT and OU both lose close games.

ILS1
01-01-2009, 11:43 PM
My pick next three Tech wins theres but UT and OU both lose close games.

Now you're CRAZY!!! I think the Tech/Ole Miss will be closer than people think. Remember, Ole Miss is the team that beat Florida. But Tech will pull it out. I truly believe Texas will blow out Ohio State. They are not as talented as they were 2 years. Their offense is weak,their only strong point is RB Beany Wells. Their defense is OVERRATED!!! USC beat them earlier in the year 35-3!!! They're young QB Pryor and will struggle against a great Texas D. In about 2 years he will be SCARY good!!! Colt McCoy will have a field day!! Oklahoma will put up points but the difference will be Florida's defense and special teams. Florida has speed in all aspects of their game!! Florida by 10!!!

ILS1
01-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Alamo Bowl
Missouri 30 Northwestern 23 Final

Oklahoma State 31 Oregon 42

Insight Bowl
Kansas 42 Minnesota 21

Nebraska 26 Clemson 21

AT&T Cotton Bowl
Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech Dallas
Cotton Bowl Jan. 2, 2009, 2 p.m. FOX

Tostitos Fiesta

All times are Eastern

3-1 so far!!! Not bad but I didn't expect Okie Lite to lose like they did!!

WTF-82
01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Now you're CRAZY!!! I think the Tech/Ole Miss will be closer than people think. Remember, Ole Miss is the team that beat Florida. But Tech will pull it out. I truly believe Texas will blow out Ohio State. They are not as talented as they were 2 years. Their offense is weak,their only strong point is RB Beany Wells. Their defense is OVERRATED!!! USC beat them earlier in the year 35-3!!! They're young QB Pryor and will struggle against a great Texas D. In about 2 years he will be SCARY good!!! Colt McCoy will have a field day!! Oklahoma will put up points but the difference will be Florida's defense and special teams. Florida has speed in all aspects of their game!! Florida by 10!!!
Dood I only picked Tech to win because would not be good if Big 12 south goes 0-4 but I new this would probablly happen Ole Miss to spank Tech. UT has a chance if the young Pryor dont play well OU will lose.

WTF-82
01-02-2009, 06:31 PM

D :D :D

Texas is not USC not even close.

ILS1
01-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Texas is not USC not even close.

Yeah,you're right!! Texas is MUCH better!!!

big daddy russ
01-02-2009, 10:35 PM
USC looked really darn good yesterday. Texas is good, but are a bit overrated. Can hang with just about anyone, but they're not on par with OU, Florida or USC... at least not this year. Heck, I only saw the last half of the game against Tech, but I didn't even think they were as good as Tech.

Speaking of Tech, dang Ole Miss looks scary.

WTF-82
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah,you're right!! Texas is MUCH better!!!

LOL even die hard UT fans think that is funny one sitting here next to me is laughing.

BuffyMars
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Texas is good, but are a bit overrated. Can hang with just about anyone, but they're not on par with OU, Florida or USC... .

So I guess Texas beating OU by 10 shows they cannot hang with them?

big daddy russ
01-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
So I guess Texas beating OU by 10 shows they cannot hang with them?
I said that they can hang with anyone. They just didn't look as good as OU. And Tech dominated them, the Raiders just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Next year is UT's year, especially if Colt comes back. That kid has more guts than a Soldier Field tailgate.

BuffyMars
01-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I said that they can hang with anyone. They just didn't look as good as OU. And Tech dominated them, the Raiders just kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Next year is UT's year, especially if Colt comes back. That kid has more guts than a Soldier Field tailgate.

I am sorry

but if u beat a team by 10 points, you did more than "hang" with them...u showed you can beat them

big daddy russ
01-02-2009, 10:54 PM
PS: I'm also a firm believer that the best team doesn't always win, and that sometimes great teams just have off-games... which is why I'm still convinced that Tech was the second-best team in the Big XII. The snowball effect happens quite a bit in college football. Just look at the 2003 Oklahoma Sooners.

big daddy russ
01-02-2009, 10:56 PM
I am sorry

but if u beat a team by 10 points, you did more than "hang" with them...u showed you can beat them
Any team can beat any other team any given week. I saw some team named Appalachian State hang a big "L" on a top-ten I-A team last year. There's absolutely no reason a team as good as UT couldn't do it to anyone in football.

BuffyMars
01-02-2009, 11:16 PM
PS: I'm also a firm believer that the best team doesn't always win, and that sometimes great teams just have off-games... which is why I'm still convinced that Tech was the second-best team in the Big XII. The snowball effect happens quite a bit in college football. Just look at the 2003 Oklahoma Sooners.

So UT beats OU by 10 but OU had an off night

but TTech beat UT by one point..but they doiminated but shot themselves in the foot?

big daddy russ
01-03-2009, 02:55 AM
So UT beats OU by 10 but OU had an off night

but TTech beat UT by one point..but they doiminated but shot themselves in the foot?
Pretty much.

ILS1
01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Bud if you cant get up for a Bowl game you have problems.

I dont think OU chockes in big game just that everyone plays them great some tough games they have been in. Boise St game well that one Boise just made some incredible plays to pull that one off.

Now, why wouldn't this be the same for Missouri and Tech?? I'm NOT just a UT homer like you've said but I'm a Big XII homer as well. I predicted that they would go 6-1!!! Now that has gone out the window, I'm hoping we can save a little face with the last 2 games.

ILS1
01-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Alamo Bowl
Missouri 30 Northwestern 23

Oklahoma State 31 Oregon 42

Insight Bowl
Kansas 42 Minnesota 21

Nebraska 26 Clemson 21

AT&T Cotton Bowl
Ole Miss 47 Texas Tech 34

Tostitos Fiesta

All times are Eastern

3-2!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

ILS1
01-09-2009, 07:21 AM

The Loser:

Until they win a big game again maybe they will finally lose that moniker.

Need I say more?? Well, I am disappointed that the Big XII went 4-3 in their bowl games. And all three losses coming at the hands of the Big XII South!!!

big daddy russ
01-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Need I say more?? Well, I am disappointed that the Big XII went 4-3 in their bowl games. And all three losses coming at the hands of the Big XII South!!!

Don't worry, ILS, it's all about the level of competition. The Big XII South ran with the big boys of the SEC while the north played against the Big Two plus eight (well, nine).

ILS1
01-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Don't worry, ILS, it's all about the level of competition. The Big XII South ran with the big boys of the SEC while the north played against the Big Two plus eight (well, nine).

I hate to say it but Florida was the best team and they deserved it. I'm not sure if Texas would've done any better because the Gators wanted it more!!! The SEC got the better of the Big XII this year may we meet again next year with different results!!!