PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Picks....

Bullaholic
12-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Who are the first 5 picks in the NFL draft?

What positions should the Cowboys try to fill with their picks?

Emerson1
12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
For the Cowboys a safety

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Who are the first 5 picks in the NFL draft?

What positions should the Cowboys try to fill with their picks?

The Cowboys are without a first and third this year thanks to the Roy Williams trade.

In the second, I'm betting they go offensive line.
Mid-rounds will be spent on secondary and a quarterback (Graham Harrell anybody?)

Emerson1
12-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Cowboys are without a first and third this year thanks to the Roy Williams trade.

Without a first.

They had additional picks in the 3rd round, I think from the Browns trade in 07. Plus they get a pick back somewhere for Pacman messing up. And I think picks for Julius Jones and Jacque Reeves as compensation.

and they resigned Marc Colombo today to a four-year contract extension worth $22 M, with $11.5 M guaranteed.

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Without a first.

They had additional picks in the 3rd round, I think from the Browns trade in 07. Plus they get a pick back somewhere for Pacman messing up. And I think picks for Julius Jones and Jacque Reeves as compensation.

and they resigned Marc Colombo today to a four-year contract extension worth $22 M, with $11.5 M guaranteed.

Oh, I didn't remember that extra third. The Pacman is a fourth or a fifth.

Colombo isn't the guy they need help for. They need someone to push Flozell Adams or be able to be a capable backup in case someone like Kyle Kosier gets hurt again, so we don't get stuck with Cory Proctor out there.

I still think they need to go O-line first, then a QB in the mid rounds (anywhere from 3-5) and secondary with their other mid round picks.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
They need to NOT say ok we must pick this positon in this round..That gets teams in trouble

Try as much as possible to draft best player on the board at the time.

Emerson1
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Cowboys have the 5th pick in the 3rd round from the Browns.

They also have the 1st pick in the 4th round from the lions. Also from the lions the 1st pick in the 7th round

Since Pacman was suspended, they get the titans 5th round pick

Cowboys have a 6th round pick as well, that is coming from the dolphins.

If I counted right Dallas has 9 picks in this years draft.
2-19, 3-5, 4-1, 4-17, 5-21, 5-32, 6-25, 7-1, 7-19

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/2009.htm

Emerson1
12-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

, then a QB in the mid rounds (anywhere from 3-5)
I think Calab Hanie comes home to Dallas.

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think Calab Hanie comes home to Dallas.

How many years did he sign with Chicago? I'm guessing they're about ready to cut ties with Grossman, so he's move up to #2 next year.

Funny you should mention that though. In my Madden franchise, in the first offseason, I signed him and drafted Graham Harrell.