PDA

View Full Version : Former Madison RB To Transfer From Miami

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2008, 03:56 PM
According to The Associated Press, former standout Dallas Madison running back Shawnbrey McNeal has been granted a release from his scholarship at Miami and is set to transfer to a school closer to home, perhaps TCU.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/report-former-madison-rb-mcneal-to-trans.html

JR2004
12-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Knew this was coming about 3 months ago, but thought I'd wait to say anything until Shawnbrey made it official he was leaving.

Bullaholic
12-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
According to The Associated Press, former standout Dallas Madison running back Shawnbrey McNeal has been granted a release from his scholarship at Miami and is set to transfer to a school closer to home, perhaps TCU.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/report-former-madison-rb-mcneal-to-trans.html

Great! I hope he ends up choosing TCU.

How many of that Miami Northwestern team that beat Southlake are on the field for Miami U.?

JR2004
12-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

How many of that Miami Northwestern team that beat Southlake are on the field for Miami U.?

I hope he does go to TCU too! His former teammate at Madison, CB Raphael Priest, just finished his junior year at TCU. He may or may not be coming back for his senior year depending upon his draft status, but I hope he gets Shawnbrey to become a Horned Frog.

There were 7 kids from Northwestern that went to The U if memory serves correct. I know Jacory Harris and Aldarius Johnson were two of them.

3afan
12-29-2008, 04:54 PM
go to SFA!

kepdawg
01-02-2009, 01:44 PM
SMU: Former Madison RB McNeal to transfer to Mustangs
12:28 PM Fri, Jan 02, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Bobbi Roquemore E-mail News tips

Miami running back and former Madison standout Shawnbrey McNeal will transfer to SMU, according to his father, Johnathan Rider.

He expects to enroll in January and is applying for a waiver to gain eligibility for the 2009 season. A major reason why McNeal is returning to Dallas is to care for his 1-year-old son.

McNeal would fill a desperate need for the Mustangs at running back. The Mustangs averaged a paltry 41.4 rushing yards per game.

McNeal spent two seasons with the Hurricanes. He appeared in seven games and had 13 carries for 62 yards and two touchdowns. As a first-year freshman, McNeal was a reserve running back and kickoff returner. He carried 20 times for 90 yards, which included a 39-yard touchdown.

At Madison, he was first-team all-state as a senior after posting 139 carries for 1,441 yards and 20 touchdowns. He was also a two-time 3A 100-meter champion in track.

LINK (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/smu-former-madison-rb-mcneal-to-transfer.html)

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
He was also a two-time 3A 100-meter champion in track.

LINK (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/smu-former-madison-rb-mcneal-to-transfer.html)

He would've been a three-time 3A 100-meter champion if it
wasn't for Sweetwater's Skye Green.:devil:

kepdawg
01-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:blahblah:

I would have been a 4 time champ if I ran faster than everybody else!

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Exactly!:thumbsup:

That's why I've been trying to convince everyone that if we
wouldn't have lost to Liberty Hill...who lost to Celina...who lost
to Carthage...Sweetwater could've been state champs.:thinking:

JR2004
01-02-2009, 02:19 PM

I was surprised he even finished in 2nd his senior year. I believe I said it on here at the time that Green deserved to win because McNeal seldom showed up for track practice as a senior. All he was doing after football that year was getting ready to go to Miami. He really didn't care too much about running track as a senior and it showed in the time he ran in the 100. That last 100m was the slowest time he ran while at Madison if I remember correctly.

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I was surprised he even finished in 2nd his senior year. I believe I said it on here at the time that Green deserved to win because McNeal seldom showed up for track practice as a senior. All he was doing after football that year was getting ready to go to Miami. He really didn't care too much about running track as a senior and it showed in the time he ran in the 100. That last 100m was the slowest time he ran while at Madison if I remember correctly.

I'd have to go the UIL site. But, if I'm not mistaken Skye finished
second to him their sophomore years and third their junior
years.

Do you know what McNeal's fastest time was while at Madison?

JR2004
01-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I'd have to go the UIL site. But, if I'm not mistaken Skye finished
second to him their sophomore years and third their junior
years.

Do you know what McNeal's fastest time was while at Madison?

I'd have to go look it up to give you the exact time, but the fastest 100 he ever ran came as a freshman, but it was in a local track meet if memory serves correct. I don't believe he ever ran faster than a 10.45 in Austin, but I could be wrong on that.

SWMustang
01-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
All he was doing after football that year was getting ready to go to Miami.

Apparently he was having sex too.

JR2004
01-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang

Yep just like most everyone else on the planet!

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang

Maybe that's why Skye finally beat him...McNeal's legs were
weak?:thinking:

Phil C
01-02-2009, 04:35 PM

:) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
:) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh why don't you go fight a bull or something?:D

Electus Unus
01-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

LB Sean Spence
WR Aldarius Johnson
DT Marcus Forston
QB Jacory Harris

All received a ton of playing time.

Matthew328
01-02-2009, 06:51 PM
LOL

kaorder1999
01-04-2009, 09:58 PM
SMU huh?

JR2004
01-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
SMU huh?

Yeah...It's facepalm time for going to SMU.