PDA

View Full Version : THE FUTURE OF MARLIN FOOTBALL

MARLINFAN
03-12-2003, 11:08 PM
IF YOU BEEN KEEPIN UP WITH BULLDOG FOOTBALL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS THE BULLDOGS SHOULD HAVE WON STATE. THE CLASS OF 2000 WENT TO THE FOURTH ROUND TO LOSE TO ROBINSON IN OT 13-6.THE CLASS OF 2001 WENT TO THE FIFTH ROUND TO LOSE TO LG 35-28. THE CLASS OF 2002 WASNT AS STRONG AND BOWED OUT TO CHINA SPRINGS 49-14. NOW THE CLASS OF 2003 HAS WENT THROUGH A LOT HAVING UPS AND DOWNS HAVING YOUR HEART BROKE TWICE IN THE SAME MONTH.(FOURTH ROUND BELLVILLE TRIPLE OT,(LOSS OF A CLASSMATE TWO WEEKS LATER) WHEN YOU KNEW THAT IF YOU GOT PASSES BELLVILLE WASNT NOTHING GONE STOP THE TANK FROM RUNNING (THE TEAM).NOW YOU GOT THE CLASS OF 2004 . A LOT OF PEOPLE KNEW THAT THEY HELD UP THE DEFENSE WHILE THE CLASS OF 2003 RAN THE OFFENSE.NOW THEY HAVE TO REBUILD . A QB,4 LINEMAN. SO HOW DO U THINK THEY WILL TURN OUT

Jimbotex40
03-12-2003, 11:32 PM
i dont like the first part of your post, you cant say that they should have won it the past four years.

i do, however think marlin will have another good year. theyll lose to 4A ennis this time, but theyll go a couple rounds deep in the playoffs

MARLINFAN
03-12-2003, 11:41 PM
WELL HOW I SEE IT THEY HAD THE BEST TEAM IN STATE AND A LOT OF PEOPLE KNEW IT IT WAS THE MISTAKES. IN 2000 INJURES TO RB ANDQB PLAYING WITH THE FLU. IN 2001 WHILE PLAYING LAGRANGE THEY FUMBLED THE BALL 3 TIMES SOME PEOPLE SAID THE WIND DID IT BECAUSE OF THE 26 MILD WIND GUST ON ONSIDE KICKS AND THE CLASS OF 2003 I KNOW WE SHOULD HAVE WON IT JUST KICK THE D*88 BALL AND ITS OVER BUT YOU CANT SAY IT WAS ALL THE COACHES FAULT WE GOT THEIR AS A TEAM ,THE PLAYERS STAYED AS A TEAM BUT THE COACHES THATS ANOTHER STORY FOR LATER

Bellville22
03-13-2003, 01:14 AM
I've got to disagree with alot of what has been said above. First of all, alot of teams think they should have won state. You think you should have won state the past 4 years, some people in Bellville think we should have won it the past 2, but you know what, that doesn't mean a thing, cause we didn't, and neither did y'all. They don't give trophies to teams that should have won.

And you didn't have the best team in the state last year, that belongs to Bandera (speaking Div II here), you didn't even have the best team in the region, that belongs to the Brahmas. Did you have the best talent? Perhaps. Did you have the best athletes? In my opinion, yes you did, but you didn't have the best team, cause the best team is concerned only w/ putting the most points on their side of the scoreboard.

Finally, and this one really gets me...you wouldn't have automatically won if he had kicked the ball earlier, he would have had to make the kick!! And I don't care how good the kid is, that's not a gimme. Coulda been bad snap, bad hold, pushed kick, pulled kick, short kick, blocked, hit by a bird, blocked by a possum (haha, you had to be there), lots of things could have gone wrong. I promise you that the chances of that kid fumbling were far fewer than the chances of making a 35+ yard field goal.

But hopefully we can put all that behind us, because I do agree with some of what you said. The Marlin Bulldogs will be very very good next year, no doubt about it. But everybody on this board knows that, you don't have to tell us. Many teams will be good, Bellville, Burnet, Rice, Sealy, Fairfield just to name a few. It's gonna be a great season of football, and whoever plays the best ball, makes the big plays, catches the right breaks, and finds a way to put the most points on the board week in and week out will be the champ, plain and simple. Don't know about you, but I can't wait.

personalfoul55
03-13-2003, 01:37 AM
I have to agree with BELLVILLE22. Marlin I'll hand it to u, u had talent but one can not determine the best team in all of Texas 3A football. For example, Bellville beat Rockdale. Rockdale beat Elgin, Bellville beats Elgin,..... but no things didn't go right. No one can say how a game is going to turn out, it is all in the way it is played. However watch out for them Brahmas in 2004. We Ready!!!

Old Dog
03-13-2003, 09:32 AM
All of those little "MISTAKES" are what makes the difference in woulda, coulda and shoulda. Each year there are 5 or 6 teams capable of winning state that don't get there due to "shooting themselves in the proverbial foot". I feel that is why teams like Everman are so great. They are like the "old" Green Bay Packers, they virtually tell you what they are going to do and then have the dicipline to follow thru! The "four ring" Sealy teams of the 90's are a good examples of elimenating mistakes. Also some folks factor in luck. This is true to a point. But, what some see as luck is actually alertness, consentration and self-discipline. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now!

<small>[ March 13, 2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
03-13-2003, 05:25 PM
MARLINFAN..I BET THE TEAM YOU PLAYED THAT GAME WAS SURE GLAD THE WIND STOPPED BLOWING WHEN THEY HAD POSSESSION OF THE BALL, SO IT DIDN'T MAKE THEM LOSE THE GAME......WERE THEY LUCKY, OR WHAT???? GUESS YA'LL WILL HAVE TO BUILD A DOME TO PLAY IN....THEN THAT DIRTY OLE' WIND WON'T LOSE YOU ANY MORE GAMES!

( wink wink

cunbed10
03-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Let me say this barring injuries and bad grades, the Bulldogs will be in a pretty good position next year. 4A University, Waco-Midway, And Ennis will be big tests. 3A Powerhouse Burnett will also be a big test, but this is only the first season. Then there is the second season District, this can pose a threat to injuries and bad grades. The most important season of the 3 is the post-season, that's right the playoffs the Bulldogs have entertained us for the the past 4 or 5 years, now anything else short of a state title will be a disappointment. The fans of Marlin are just as thirsty for a state title as the coaches and players are so now let's wait and see what happens Bellville22 I hope we meet again it should be a emotional game for both teams and fans. Beware of Dogs!

Bellville22
03-15-2003, 08:11 PM
cunbed10:
The fans of Marlin are just as thirsty for a state title as the coaches and players are so now let's wait and see what happens Bellville22 I hope we meet again it should be a emotional game for both teams and fans. Beware of Dogs!I hear that cunbed10, it certainly would be emotional, and I'm sure another barn burner. But what's meant to be is meant to be, so right now we should just be concerned w/ one game at a time. Good luck to y'all, wouldn't be a bit surprised to meet up again.