PDA

View Full Version : Dream Coaching Staff

BreckTxLonghorn
12-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Since there's so much talk about who's getting fired, who should be getting fired, etc, I thought this would be fun.

If you had to put together a coaching staff in the NFL, who would you want? You can get in to details if you want, but the main focus would be:

Head Coach
Offensive Coordinator
Defensive Coordinator

They don't have to be in the position currently, but they must have had some experience in it somewhere, except for head coach.

Discuss.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I'll do:

HC - Jeff Fisher - There's a reason he's the longest tenured coach in the league. You don't hear a ton about him being a hard-nose, but you also don't hear anything about him being a pushover either. Think he has the right mentality to work with an assortment of players and coaches to succeed.

OC - Sean Payton - Loved the work he did with the Cowboys, great eye for talent and utilization of what he's got. Think he's a great head coach for NO, but would rather see him as OC so he can spend his time focusing on this specific game plan.

DC - Marvin Lewis - Helped assemble and execute the 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense, one of the greatest of all time. His style is still used today there I believe (could be wrong), which shows that it can be effective when the players age. Definitely think his defense is helped by having one dominant leader, but love his planning.

Special Teams - Joe Avezzano (sp) - glory days of the Cowboys - homer pick :)

95mustang
12-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Head Coach: Bill Cowher

Offensive Coordinator: Sean Payton

Defensive Coordinator: Jim Johnson (just so my team doesn't have to play against his defensive blitzing scheme!!!

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Head Coach: Bill Belichick (hey, I can't stand the guy, but he wins)

OC: Mike Martz

DC: Montie Kiffin

BreckTxLonghorn
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I can't believe that GreenMonster or myself haven't been on anyone's list!

You two would be Quality Control!