PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch

BreckTxLonghorn
12-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Anyone know where to get one for less than the $230 they're charging for an 8gb?

I need a new music player, and I like the format of the new touch, but paying $200 for one just seems ridiculous

Necks_Fan
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I would just get a zune. They are really good.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I would just get a zune. They are really good.

Does Zune have the Apps/WiFi feature? That's what I really like about the touch.

SWMustang
12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Usually the refurbished route is the way to go. I only found the 16 gig for 219 though.

apple (http://store.apple.com/us/product/FA627?mco=MTg1MTg3NA)

IHStangFan
01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
just suck it up and save the extra 50-90 bucks and buy the 16GB Touch.......I did...and I was not disappointed. Use iTunes to get movies, tv shows, music, games, etc. WiFi feature is awesome. I have mine configured to go out and get my emails when near a WiFi hotspot...also goes and gets podcasts for me when connected to iTunes. Can also keep track of stocks, weather, etc....access YouTube...blah blah blah.

DU_stud04
01-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Anyone know where to get one for less than the $230 they're charging for an 8gb?

I need a new music player, and I like the format of the new touch, but paying $200 for one just seems ridiculous try craiglist... http://abilene.craigslist.org/ele/976496667.html

BuffyMars
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
we bought my mom an archos 605 for christmas. those are flippin sweet! makes the ipod look ridiculous.

carter08
01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I got an 80GB Classic for the same price as an 8GB Touch. Better deal.

Emerson1
01-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I got an 80GB Classic for the same price as an 8GB Touch. Better deal.
Yep. An ipod touch is stupid, spend about the same amount and just get the iPhone

BreckTxLonghorn
01-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yep. An ipod touch is stupid, spend about the same amount and just get the iPhone

Work pays for phone otherwise I would do that; prefer that actually.

I don't own a ton of songs (less than 1000), and the big screen allows me to download a movie at a time and watch when I travel; plus it was wifi so I can use it like an actual computer when needed - the ease is there and faster than my treo during wifi areas. I truly believe the device is the best fit for me; but I'm cheap and don't want to pay that much.

DDBooger
01-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Work pays for phone otherwise I would do that; prefer that actually.

I don't own a ton of songs (less than 1000), and the big screen allows me to download a movie at a time and watch when I travel; plus it was wifi so I can use it like an actual computer when needed - the ease is there and faster than my treo during wifi areas. I truly believe the device is the best fit for me; but I'm cheap and don't want to pay that much. i've returned 4 iTouches. 3 with the screen going purple and 1 with the plug for the earpieces not working (may have been something else inside the iTouch). So the smart consumer that I am, I took the rebate and bought an iPhone! lol

IHStangFan
01-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yep. An ipod touch is stupid, spend about the same amount and just get the iPhone I have no use for a phone that doubles as an MP3, etc player. It is my opinion that the email client on the Blackberry is WAY better than the iPhone, not to mention I'm not a huge fan of the touch screen....BUT...I DID like many of the features of the Touch as a media player. Therefore I bought the Touch and not the iPhone....and my phone is a Blackberry Bold. Business is business and pleasure is pleasure. I never mix the two. :D