PDA

View Full Version : NFL network blames the Cowboys meltdown on....

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Garrett and Romo ...deon sanders

team chemistry..... steve marriuchi (sp)

Jerry Jones.... Rich Eison (again sp)

Keith7
12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I blame nobody.. The cowpies stink and thats all.. they are lucky to be in a meaningful game at all

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I blame nobody.. The cowpies stink and thats all.. they are lucky to be in a meaningful game at all

Talk now, your beloved Eagles wont be playing much longer either. You just got your agony prolonged today.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I think I am going to blame it on texas Stadium. If there wasnt such a crown in the field our guys would have fresh legs at the end of the year.

the field will be flat in the new stadium so we will be alright next year.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I've heard it a thousand times.

Wait til next year!!

navscanmaster
12-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I think I am going to blame it on texas Stadium. If there wasnt such a crown in the field our guys would have fresh legs at the end of the year.

the field will be flat in the new stadium so we will be alright next year.
That's a good one. I won't blame anybody, but I would like to say that I am one of the many that was so enamored with Tony Romo when he first replaced Bledsoe that I failed to see some of his flaws. They are much more apparent now. I have not given up on the guy, but I think he has a lot to work on if he wants to keep his job in the coming years. We all love how much he can avoid tackles in the pocket, unlike previous Cowboy QBs, but once he starts running, it is like he is never aware of the footsteps behind him. He can't continue to palm the football every time he takes off. Too many fumbles, confusion with his receivers, and a knack of overthrowing and forcing things in the middle are costing the Cowboys seriously.

I love the defensive talent the Cowboys have, and I wouldn't change a thing personnel wise, except maybe an upgrade at safety. But they have got to play better and more consistent as a unit, or a TEAM!

I would say that I can't wait till next season, but I can after tonight. Good bye for now Cowboys.

I. B. Watching
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Romo was a big step up from Bledsoe, who was a human statue. I think when Romo took over, his creativity and wildness worked to his advantage against defenses. and we really didn't see the flaws, and his risk/reward factor seemed to work to the Cowboys advantage then. But defenses began to figure him out the second time through.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Romo was a big step up from Bledsoe, who was a human statue. I think when Romo took over, his creativity and wildness worked to his advantage against defenses. and we really didn't see the flaws, and his risk/reward factor seemed to work to the Cowboys advantage then. But defenses began to figure him out the second time through.

ALL scrambling QBs will have fumbles..I dont know of one QB who has eyes in back of their head and know when to protect ball while on the move

As with any QB who moves around( Staubach, Elway, Farve among others) you accept their freelance will at times create mistakes

I. B. Watching
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ALL scrambling QBs will have fumbles..I dont know of one QB who has eyes in back of their head and know when to protect ball while on the move

As with any QB who moves around( Staubach, Elway, Farve among others) you accept their freelance will at times create mistakes

Good point. But does it seem like that Romo may be thinking more instead of just playing? He seems more hesitant at times to me. Maybe he's being "coached." He just doesn't seem the same to me. What do you think?

GreenMonster
12-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Romo looked scared in the pocket. He dropped back and fired it up for grabs repeatedly at the first hint of pressure. Running game sucked because the passing game was non-exisatant. Let's not place all the blame on the fighting Romo's on offense though, because the defense couldn't tackle, cover, or pressure the QB either. Overall, it was a lackluster performance by a team that looked like it was glad the season was over.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I said this before he was hurt

Romo this year tried to hard to be a pocket passer and to have the mechanics of a "tom brady like " QB( he even said he worked on his motion and watched alot of film on Brady)

I think Romo stopped having fun..whether it was pressure, or TO, or not liking the offense, whatever it was, I dont think he was the same freestyle happy go lucky QB

westcoast54
12-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I think alot of the blame has to go to the Oline. I didn't see mutch of the game today but the game against Baltimore I thought their pass protection was horrible. Run blocking hasn't been that much better either. I know they are HUGE...but, they didn't do worth a :foul: the last month of the season.

Receivers get some of the blame too. Their route running wasn't worth a :foul: all year either. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a lowly high school coach. :cool:

injuredinmelee
12-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
I've heard it a thousand times.

Wait til next year!!

Sounds like the Cowboys new next door neighbors and their fans every offseason huh?

MJMbrahmas10
12-29-2008, 12:12 PM
i agree with you totally txbroadcaster tony needs to be himself and scramble and run sometimes that is what made him so special now that he stopped its not even fun to watch him anymore like it was

themsu97
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
honestly... the two starting o tackles are great at run blocking but are both slow... Flo and Columbo are old and slow... need new now... that hurts Romo more than anything else... Romo needs to learn whne to throw the ball away and not hold on to it too long... when he holds on to it that long he is no different than Bledsoe...
the team needs one definite leader and they do not have that... like a Brian Dawkins, or a Tom Brady, you know?
Dallas needs a lot of cleaning up, but it honestly will not take much... just depends on what Jerry wants to do... and that is where there problem starts