PDA

View Full Version : Who Likes Romo

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Lots of people seem to be dogging him tonight. I still think Romo gives us the best chance to win. I cant think of anybody available that would be an improvement. Plus I like his kid like enthusiasm.

coach
12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Lots of people seem to be dogging him tonight. I still think Romo gives us the best chance to win. I cant think of anybody available that would be an improvement. Plus I like his kid like enthusiasm.

i like him and he will have a BIg future he just needs to make a few adjustments...this guy will win a sb

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Lets bail on him like the Colts did on Manning

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I like him..yes he makes mistakes, and he is beginning to get this supposed cannot win the big game label( people forget the big games he wins, and only label the losses as big games)

As "bad" of a year as he supposedly had he still finished with an above 90 rating

Is he perfect..no..but right now there is NOT a better option for Dallas

coach
12-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I like him..yes he makes mistakes, and he is beginning to get this supposed cannot win the big game label( people forget the big games he wins, and only label the losses as big games)

As "bad" of a year as he supposedly had he still finished with an above 90 rating

Is he perfect..no..but right now there is NOT a better option for Dallas

whats funny is ppl are going to say he lost this game but tom brady couldnt have won today as bad as the team played today

blowfish
12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Romo needs to have a New Years resolution, become a leader and grab ahold of this team and make it his!

bobcat1
12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
It ain't Romo. It's Garrett. He is in charge of the offense including the line play. If those big ole sissies on that line can't play, get some that can. Hudson Houck needs to fall on his blade and Garrett needs to follow him. Garrett needs to go back to coaching QB's. He can't even design a blitz pickup and blocking scheme package to give Romo 3 seconds to throw.

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
It ain't Romo. It's Garrett. He is in charge of the offense including the line play. If those big ole sissies on that line can't play, get some that can. Hudson Houck needs to fall on his blade and Garrett needs to follow him. Garrett needs to go back to coaching QB's. He can't even design a blitz pickup and blocking scheme package to give Romo 3 seconds to throw.

I think you are right, I think last year, Romo made Garret look good and got him a big raise!

blowfish
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
I agree with you but Romo still needs to be a leader. Look at the two most successfull Dallas QB's Aikman and Staubach the were both leaders and would chew your but out if you messed up.

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Blowfish, I agree with you. No way do I think Romo is perfect but I think with time and great coaching, he could one day be pretty darn close.

Trashman
12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Romo needs somebody that will coach him, on things like not exposing the ball when he going to run.

Keith7
12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Lets bail on him like the Colts did on Manning

or bail on him like the 49ers did to Montana or like the patriots did to bledsoe

BullsFan
12-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Based on who is available to the Cowboys, I think you have to keep him. But I also think he needs to step up. Stats and ratings are meaningless if you can't win the big one, and whatever the reason he hasn't been able to do that.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 10:41 PM

I like Homo, I mean Romo but my like is going fast!!!! Does anyone know how many turnovers he averaged a game? I can think of a few games he was intercepted or fumbled at least 2 to 3 times. Granted there were some interceptions that the rcvr either quit on him or ran the wrong route, not his fault. But he is a 67 Million dollar QB so he has to be good. Right??:D

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Romo needs to have a New Years resolution, become a leader and grab ahold of this team and make it his!

A HUGE +1 from me. Been saying this for a while...

sportzman44
12-28-2008, 11:31 PM

His kid like enthusiasm is his problem,he needs to grow up and be a leader,I still believe he is the best chance for the Cowboys but the coaching staff needs to quit trying to please every one and get back to smash mouth football..not everyone on the team can be a star.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by sportzman44
His kid like enthusiasm is his problem,he needs to grow up and be a leader,.

I disagree

kid like enthusiasm fuels players like Romo and Farve

sportzman44
12-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I disagree

kid like enthusiasm fuels players like Romo and Farve

I believe Farve has heart and love of the game not a child like enthusiasm and Farve also has a leadership quality that I have not seen in Romo,yet I still believe Romo is the future of the Cowboys.

injuredinmelee
12-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Romo is the best qb the cowboys have on their roster but he isnt a top tier quarterback. He has never ever ever ever protected the ball and while the gunslinger thing worked for Favre, Romo isnt even in the same league.

sportzman44
12-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
and while the gunslinger thing worked for Favre, Romo isnt even in the same league.

Exactly!!

WTF-82
12-29-2008, 12:12 AM
It is not all Romo's fault yes he needs to work hard and get better but he can do the job. It took Peyton Manning many years to get over that hump. The Problem is more in Head man to the Offensive scheme man they are not doing what they need to do to improve and get the Football in the receivers hands at times the routes are ran very poorly poor coaching and preperation. Parcells is laughing his but off.

Whenever Jerry Jones decides to step down as the GM and Head Coach then the boys will be able to find a Head Coach that can win in last years draft the boys got worst not better Parcells just abused Jerry and the man still thought they got better.

Jerry is just going to have to let a Coach be a coach if he want to win another Superbowl.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Romo is the best qb the cowboys have on their roster but he isnt a top tier quarterback. He has never ever ever ever protected the ball and while the gunslinger thing worked for Favre, Romo isnt even in the same league. not a top tier qb but yet past 2 years is at the top or near the top in QB rating, if it wasnt for late season meltdowns he would be at the top each year. He doesn't call the plays or design them so he works with what he has and by mid season, teams have figure out the Cowboys offense and OC makes no adjustments to counter the opposition adjustments.

blowfish
12-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Romo needs a good OC just like Aikman had in Norv Turner. Romo has all the tools to be great he just needs that OC to push him.

Jason Garrett was a one hit wonder and the entire league has figured him out.

DDBooger
12-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
or bail on him like the 49ers did to Montana or like the patriots did to bledsoe or like the Eagle fans do every time McNabb has a bad game

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-29-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm still a Romosexual.

Looking4number8
12-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'm still a Romosexual.

I am not sure what that means, but it's funny!

Lion_Addict
12-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by blowfish

I think you hit it right on the head!!
And if Romo can't seem to find it within himself to do it.......someone has got too!!!! :dispntd:

Orange Defense
12-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Romo is the best qb the cowboys have on their roster but he isnt a top tier quarterback. He has never ever ever ever protected the ball and while the gunslinger thing worked for Favre, Romo isnt even in the same league. :ditto: :iagree:

Emerson1
12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I wonder if ANY other QB in the history of the league has been under so much pressure to win a super bowl only after 2 full years as a starter?

Necks_Fan
12-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Keep Romo....

JJ and WP need to go.

As well as about 2 of those personalities.

THEN, the world would be good.

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Romo looked to me like he was one of the few players still trying yesterday in the second half. I kind of liked how he sent the punt team off the field on 4th and 1 and ran it himself, although I'm not sure if he undermined Philips by doing so, and if so, then I don't like it nearly as much.

I can live with the turnovers because I'm always excited when Romo does something that just makes me say "How the heck did he do THAT?" I think he's matured a lot in two years, and I expect to see more improvement next year.

cshscougar08
12-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Keep him. Don't go out and get someone better!!! :D