PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Like to See Coaching the Cowboys? And Why ?

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 09:07 PM
I really don't know but what are your thoughts on Gruden? IMO we need a guy in here with FIRE in his GUT!!! and a Glare like Mike Singletary had when he played!!

mr.leopard man
12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Bill Cowher

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3629/cowherqd6.jpg

or holmgrem

blowfish
12-28-2008, 09:45 PM
I think Cowher has ran his head about the cowboys to much to be considered for a job here.

I. B. Watching
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Tom Landry

blowfish
12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
You do know he is dead right?

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
You do know he is dead right?

LOL !!!!!

blowfish
12-28-2008, 10:15 PM
And he was 17 - 30 his last three years.

I. B. Watching
12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, but he couldn't do any worse

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Jerry Jones. OH WAIT, he already is.

I. B. Watching
12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Seriously, it would really take either a strong coach who could deal with all the egos and "problem children" or a good house cleaning. Maybe both.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Seriously, it would really take either a strong coach who could deal with all the egos and "problem children" or a good house cleaning. Maybe both.

I once thought that Paarcells was that person, but he couldn't deal with all that Dallas ownership crud.

Do I don't know who can if he couldn't.

BullsFan
12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I wanna rewind the clock back to 1992.

I. B. Watching
12-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
I once thought that Paarcells was that person, but he couldn't deal with all that Dallas ownership crud.

I agree. It's a mess. I don't know if there's anyone out there who can fix it if things remain the status quo.

WylieBulldog92
12-28-2008, 10:27 PM
JJ would have to go away before another thing goes right for the Cowboys.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

I agree 100%. I been sayin that all night, but Blow been shootin me down. Bulldog92, u the man. and u from Wylie.

I like.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Parcells did not leave because he could not "handle" Jones...he left because Jones was unwilling to resign him to a bigger money deal to coach

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

Like I said.

Its an ownership problem. not a coach or management problem.

I. B. Watching
12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Parcells did not leave because he could not "handle" Jones...he left because Jones was unwilling to resign him to a bigger money deal to coach

But it did seem that Parcell lost a lot of fire and enthusiasm for coaching the team his last year.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I don't know but I definately question that excuse/reason TXB. :hand:

Trashman
12-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Mike Singletary, he is the only one that might be able to control jerry's meddling.:D :D :D

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Mike Singletary, he is the only one that could control jerry's meddling.:D :D :D

HA HA!!! Yay, Mike would take Jerry into the wood shed and treat him like a Marine Corps DI would do a disobedient Private. I've seen that happen and it works wonders!!!:clap:

GreenMonster
12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3629/cowherqd6.jpg

Cowher's character would be great for this team. Camp Cupcake would be no more and practices would be full pads, full contact, for the full season. The defense would be physical and the offense would be as well.

JR2004
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
It's time for Jerry to take over and try his luck at coaching!

Trashman
12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
It's time for Jerry to take over and try his luck at coaching!

Haven't you been watching the games............Jerry has been coaching.:D :D :D

injuredinmelee
12-28-2008, 11:47 PM
This may have been said already and i didnt take the time to read the posts in this thread... but no good coach will work for Jerry Jones unless Jerry gives up control over personnel. Jones is too proud and delusional to realize he is in over his head and his once proud franchise will continue to be a joke until he lets football people make the football decisions.

JR2004
12-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Haven't you been watching the games............Jerry has been coaching.:D :D :D

Okay you've got me there. :)

Trashman
12-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
This may have been said already and i didnt take the time to read the posts in this thread... but no good coach will work for Jerry Jones unless Jerry gives up control over personnel. Jones is too proud and delusional to realize he is in over his head and his once proud franchise will continue to be a joke until he lets football people make the football decisions.

Exactlly!:clap:

WTF-82
12-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Gruden - would be my man but i dont think he would work for Jerry Jones.

WTF-82
12-29-2008, 12:30 AM
If Gruden loses a ball game its to a better team he competes with nothing and is always in contention in the end won a Superbowl.
You will not outwork him as a coach is very tough is not scared to coach players like TO is a master of the west coast offense. Is young and has lots of energy and would be everything the Cowboys would need. Except he would not gamble to try to see if it would work with Jerry Jones.

But most important he wakes up to the Notre Dame fight song every morning before he goes to work out. Yeah he is the Man!!!

blowfish
12-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I am trying to figure out high the Cowboys are a joke? You claim to be fans and you call them a joke.

Sound like a bunch of whiners to me. Am I happy about getting our butts handed to us today, no. But come on did we really think we could compete in the playoffs this year anyway, uh no.

Let see we have had injuries, terrible defense play and an OC that couldnt beat a six man team.

But having said all of that we were 9-7 alot better than most teams. We missed the playoffs but guess what we didnt deserve to be there.

You keep calling the cowboys a joke but Jerry is laughing all the way to the bank. Yes I will still root for the Cowboys. I was there when they were 1-15 under JJ and I was there when Landry was way past his prime.

Get over it, Jerry Jones aint going no where. He has a gold mine in the Cowbouys and when he is through his son will take over.

injuredinmelee
12-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
I am trying to figure out high the Cowboys are a joke? You claim to be fans and you call them a joke.

Sound like a bunch of whiners to me. Am I happy about getting our butts handed to us today, no. But come on did we really think we could compete in the playoffs this year anyway, uh no.

Let see we have had injuries, terrible defense play and an OC that couldnt beat a six man team.

But having said all of that we were 9-7 alot better than most teams. We missed the playoffs but guess what we didnt deserve to be there.

You keep calling the cowboys a joke but Jerry is laughing all the way to the bank. Yes I will still root for the Cowboys. I was there when they were 1-15 under JJ and I was there when Landry was way past his prime.

Get over it, Jerry Jones aint going no where. He has a gold mine in the Cowbouys and when he is through his son will take over.
How are they joke? 13 pro bowlers returning from last year. Loaded offensively with playmakers. Making tee times the week after christmas.

Troybuilt
12-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
How are they joke? 13 pro bowlers returning from last year. Loaded offensively with playmakers. Making tee times the week after christmas.

The Cowboys are not a joke.

There Coconut Headed Owner is. They will never win another superbowl as long as that man is in charge. Sure he has made money but it ain't all about the MONEY. Well maybe to some of you it is. Money is the root of the evil. Just ask Blow.

Orange Defense
12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Ok, here's the deal from my angle. Jerry is not a bad thing, he just needs to step back from trying to coach and hire a proven coach. Heck I think if Jerry steps back and lets the HC do his job and will work with the HC (by that I mean if the HC says to Jerry I need an Offensive Tackle and gives JJ a list of available OT's. Then JJ's job is to go out and get one of the guys on the list.) then I think there would be alot of quality HC's willing to come to Dallas and coach America's Team.

Bottom Line is JJ has to keep his nose out of the HC's job. I understand JJ has a lot of money at stake but if you don't trust a guy to run your business then don't hire him.. Simple as that!

Farmersfan
12-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Ok, here's the deal from my angle. Jerry is not a bad thing, he just needs to step back from trying to coach and hire a proven coach. Heck I think if Jerry steps back and lets the HC do his job and will work with the HC (by that I mean if the HC says to Jerry I need an Offensive Tackle and gives JJ a list of available OT's. Then JJ's job is to go out and get one of the guys on the list.) then I think there would be alot of quality HC's willing to come to Dallas and coach America's Team.

Bottom Line is JJ has to keep his nose out of the HC's job. I understand JJ has a lot of money at stake but if you don't trust a guy to run your business then don't hire him.. Simple as that!

The single biggest problem on this team ..............................TONY ROMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Romo will go down in history as the most overrated QB ever. He does not show up in big games. He has no leadership ability. He has a great QB rating for 3/4 of the season and then it drops to about 60 in December and the playoffs. the Cowboys were 9-7 this season dispite him (not because of him). Everyone needs to remember that he came into this team LOADED with talent. And they have underacheived every single year. The whole team plays with his attitude. He laughs off poor performances as "just part of the game" and sounds like Wade Philips when he says they "will get back to work and try to fix things"........ Someone needs to let Romo and Philips know that week 15 and 16 of the season isn't the time to "Fix Things"..................I said 3 years ago that Romo IS NOT the answer for the Cowboys and all my friends called me crazy. My question is how many throw-away seasons will it take before everyone sees that he can't get it done??????

Farmersfan
12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
The Cowboys are not a joke.

There Coconut Headed Owner is. They will never win another superbowl as long as that man is in charge. Sure he has made money but it ain't all about the MONEY. Well maybe to some of you it is. Money is the root of the evil. Just ask Blow.

95% of the fans in the NFL would love to have Jerry Jones as a owner. He wants to win and will spend money to do so. His problem is he doesn't hire people who can get it done. Parcels was a football man who had the personality of a snake and nobody could stand him for more than 1 year (except maybe Bob knight).... Jimmy Johnson had a team full of talent just like this years team. He forced them to play up to their potential and won 3 SB's in 4 years. Wade Philips spends all his time making excuses for the poor performances instead of putting expectations on the team. And we all have watched Romo....Enough said!

Necks_Fan
12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
If i was a Cowboys fan, I would want Mike Singletary. Hard nosed guy who led an offensively challenged 49'ers squad to a decent ending.

Guy looks to be a solid coach for somebody.

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Brian Billick

Macarthur
12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
If I could choose anyone, it would be Jeff Fisher, but that ain't gonna happen.

Holmgren is going to take a year off. I would assume if things don't go very very well next year, Holmgren will be hired.

Holmgren and JJ are good friends.

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
If I could choose anyone, it would be Jeff Fisher, but that ain't gonna happen.

Holmgren is going to take a year off. I would assume if things don't go very very well next year, Holmgren will be hired.

Holmgren and JJ are good friends.

:thinking: Coincidence that Holmgren makes the statement that he will not under any circumstances coach next year and that Jerry makes the announcement that Phillips will be back next year no matter what on the same day? (Saturday) :thinking:

BleedOrange
12-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The single biggest problem on this team ..............................TONY ROMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Romo will go down in history as the most overrated QB ever. He does not show up in big games. He has no leadership ability. He has a great QB rating for 3/4 of the season and then it drops to about 60 in December and the playoffs. the Cowboys were 9-7 this season dispite him (not because of him). Everyone needs to remember that he came into this team LOADED with talent. And they have underacheived every single year. The whole team plays with his attitude. He laughs off poor performances as "just part of the game" and sounds like Wade Philips when he says they "will get back to work and try to fix things"........ Someone needs to let Romo and Philips know that week 15 and 16 of the season isn't the time to "Fix Things"..................I said 3 years ago that Romo IS NOT the answer for the Cowboys and all my friends called me crazy. My question is how many throw-away seasons will it take before everyone sees that he can't get it done??????

You will be proven wrong here. Get the problem children out of the picture (Owens, Jones, Phillips) and JJ takes a step back you will see a dramatically different result next year. I highly doubt JJ will step back but get rid of the the other three and get some discipline on this team and Romo will flourish.

Bullaholic
12-29-2008, 03:34 PM
O.k.---time for an outrageous but wishfull thought.......

What if Jerry Jones swallowed his pride and opened up his checkbook again and went after Jimmy Johnson?

Far-fetched I admit, but here's why I think it would have a chance of happening:

1. Jimmy has a considerable ego and what better made-for-tv scenario could their be than "The Cowboys Salvation- Return of the Native Texas Son"?

2. To accept the HC job and take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl again would forever etch the name of Jimmy Johnson in pro football coaching history.

3. There would be considerably more money in his pocket coaching than he would earn broadcasting.

O.k.---Go ahead and tell this wishfull thinker all the logical reasons why this could not and will not happen. :D

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k.---time for an outrageous but wishfull thought.......

What if Jerry Jones swallowed his pride and opened up his checkbook again and went after Jimmy Johnson?

Far-fetched I admit, but here's why I think it would have a chance of happening:

1. Jimmy has a considerable ego and what better made-for-tv scenario could their be than "The Cowboys Salvation- Return of the Native Texas Son"?

2. To accept the HC job and take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl again would forever etch the name of Jimmy Johnson in pro football coaching history.

3. There would be considerably more money in his pocket coaching than he would earn broadcasting.

O.k.---Go ahead and tell this wishfull thinker all the logical reasons why this could not and will not happen. :D

Jimmy would fail

He is not a coach that can succed in the salary cap era. He likes to have waves of players, and you cannot have a revolving door when u have people locked up dude to salary cap reasons

Also..What made Jimmy work was his OC and DCs..he will be the first to admit he is not an a X and O type of coach, he is motivator and allow the staff to call plays and such

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Anybody have any thoughts on my recommendation of Brian Billick?

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Anybody have any thoughts on my recommendation of Brian Billick?

he did nothing for me at Baltimore

supposed to be an offensive genuis yet his offense at the Ravens was TERRIBLE

won the SB on the D and Marvin Lewis as DC

Farmersfan
12-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
You will be proven wrong here. Get the problem children out of the picture (Owens, Jones, Phillips) and JJ takes a step back you will see a dramatically different result next year. I highly doubt JJ will step back but get rid of the the other three and get some discipline on this team and Romo will flourish.

So you claim that if we remove ALL the obsticles then Romo will flourish? Let's make everything hunky dorrey and he will become a good QB. Wouldn't that work with about 95% of all QB's out there? My point is that every single QB in the NFL history has had to endure the things that Romo is enduring right now and he can't get it done. He doesn't put the ball away when he runs so that leads to the most QB fumbles in the NFL for the last 12 years. He can not read defenses at all. He throws far too many wishful passes and when they get caught he is looked at like a Jeti but now that they are being intercepted his true colors come through. When the competition raises their intensity Romo is revealed for what he really is. He is a Brett Favre wanna-be with about half the talent.................. That is what will be proven.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
He doesn't put the ball away when he runs so that leads to the most QB fumbles in the NFL for the last 12 years

He did not even lead the league in fumbles..Big Ben did

Romo was 8th last year behind the likes of Eli, Warner, and Phillip Rivers

Yes he fumbles.. but not at an extrodinary amount compared to other QBs

Emerson1
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Any one who thinks getting rid of Romo will be a positive doesn't know jack squat about football and should go back to re-living their glory days through their kids and remain sitting in the bleachers.

Orange Defense
12-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Tony Dungy is a class guy! What about Tony and his gang of coaches? The only thing is I don't see much fire in him but he wins nevertheless...

Emerson1
12-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Tony Dungy is a class guy! What about Tony and his gang of coaches? The only thing is I don't see much fire in him but he wins nevertheless...
If Dungy was willing to leave the Colts for the Cowboys I wouldn't even want him. That would mean there is something mentally wrong with him.

Orange Defense
12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
If Dungy was willing to leave the Colts for the Cowboys I wouldn't even want him. That would mean there is something mentally wrong with him.

Why do you say that? You get JJ to back out of trying to coach and I think there would be a few quality HC's that would like to be in Dallas.