PDA

View Full Version : Fire Wade NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
That no matter what Dallas needs a coaching change

To be this flat and this out of sync in a game of this magnitude imo shows unless they have come amazing comeback in store that the coaches have lost their voice to the players

SintonFan_inAustin
12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

To be this flat and this out of sync in a game of this magnitude imo shows unless they have come amazing comeback in store that the coaches have lost their voice to the players no need to prepare for this game, everybodies jobs were safe.:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
no need to prepare for this game, everybodies jobs were safe.:rolleyes:

I dont think for one second Jerry was being honest..I think he was trying to create less drama by coming out and saying if Dallas lost tcoaches are gone

Heck if they were to lose this game by a 31-28 game then things could be different

but to be losing by the amount they are in the way they are just shows this team had no kind of focus

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Jason Garrett is terrible. Once again he abandons the running game and continues to put Romo is spots where his only option is 15+ yards downfield. It's either 40 yard gains or nothing with him. That is how it has been all season.

Marion the Vegetarian should not have even suited up

ILS1
12-28-2008, 05:46 PM
He's a poor excuse for a coach. He's too busy trying to be the players' friend and needs to get on their butts!!!!! He needs to get more involved in the offense!!! I don't think Jason Garrett is the answer either!!! His calls are WAY too predictable and conservative!! They need to throw down field more and quit throwing those 5 yard Hail Mary's!!! Offensive line coach Hudson Hauck needs to be let go as well. He was great during the Cowboys heyday!!! But I think the game has passed him by with all the new defensive schemes and blitzes!! Bring in Cowher and clean house!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PurpleFreddy
12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I think people are very mad today because of the potential and promise on this team ... yet, nothing but disappointment. I look at the New England Patriots as the antithesis of the Cowboys. They lost their starting QB in the first quarter of the first game. But the Pats just do what it takes to get the job done.
The problem in Dallas isn't talent or personnel evaluation. It's execution and preparation. It goes directly on the shoulders of the coaches AND the players.

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Jason Garrett is terrible. Once again he abandons the running game and continues to put Romo is spots where his only option is 15+ yards downfield. It's either 40 yard gains or nothing with him. That is how it has been all season.

Except when its late in the 2nd... you have 2nd and long... so you run the ball. Stupid.

I agree that Garrett is nowhere near the genius everyone makes him out to be.

PurpleFreddy
12-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Have you noticed with Garrett the predictable scenarios.
2nd and long: run
3rd and very short: run (no play action, no guts)

Why aren't Miles Austin and Roy Williams more involved in this offense??

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

I agree that Garrett is nowhere near the genius everyone makes him out to be.
Anyone who wanted a 1 year OC to be the head coach, the guy who is in charge of every aspect of the game to be a head coach didn't really know what they were talking about in the first place.

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Have you noticed with Garrett the predictable scenarios.
2nd and long: run
3rd and very short: run (no play action, no guts)

Why aren't Miles Austin and Roy Williams more involved in this offense??

Why can't we run a simple 10 yard out? A 7 yd slant?

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Count me in.

As long as he takes Garrett with him.

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Why can't we run a simple 10 yard out? A 7 yd slant?
Because it's 30 or nothing it Garrett.

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 06:30 PM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3629/cowherqd6.jpg

SintonFan_inAustin
12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3629/cowherqd6.jpg i'll see if my brother-in-law wife can get her Dad to get Cowher to like the Cowboys,(they're cousins) they're not to fond of the Cowboys. But money talks :)

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Em1 you have lost your mind!!! Marion the Barbarian is one tough RB!!! I don't think he should be a featured back but he sure does make one heck of a back-up for a featured back!!!

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Em1 you have lost your mind!!! Marion the Barbarian is one tough RB!!! I don't think he should be a featured back but he sure does make one heck of a back-up for a featured back!!!
He has been terrible all season even before the injury. I would be just fine with trading MB and having Jones and Choice back there.

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Marion's toughness and heart are not in question... but he sure hasn't been effective ever since he was injured.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM

It's funny because last year Garrett was everybodies hero and a Genius because the Cowboys were winning. Now that they are losing alot of people want his head on a platter!!! Not saying I agree or disagree, I'm just making an observation.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
He has been terrible all season even before the injury. I would be just fine with trading MB and having Jones and Choice back there.

I agree, Choice has looked very good!!!

DDBooger
It's funny because last year Garrett was everybodies hero and a Genius because the Cowboys were winning. Now that they are losing alot of people want his head on a platter!!! Not saying I agree or disagree, I'm just making an observation. 13-3 to 9-7...what is so funny about results deciding how people feel about a persons job performance?

Emerson1
It's funny because last year Garrett was everybodies hero and a Genius because the Cowboys were winning. Now that they are losing alot of people want his head on a platter!!! Not saying I agree or disagree, I'm just making an observation.
I have always thought anyone who wanted him to be the head coach was an idiot. You can't take someone who probably looked at the defense often enough to not even know the names of the 11 starters to coach the offense, defense and special teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-28-2008, 06:51 PM
It's funny because last year Garrett was everybodies hero and a Genius because the Cowboys were winning. Now that they are losing alot of people want his head on a platter!!! Not saying I agree or disagree, I'm just making an observation. he came out looking good and the league adjusted to his play calling and he hasnt change from what worked early for him to this point.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
:mad: this game is lasting long!

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
What makes Jason Garrett so special? Seriously, why was he worth so much money to Jerry? What made him the valuable commodity?

All I see is one year at Dallas after a bunch of hype before he got here.

Not much to show since then...

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I hate to jump on any "fire the coach" bandwagon, but I think after today I am driving it.

As a head coach you have to do more than stand there with a WTH look on your face... Get in there, chew some butt and make them do what it takes to win!

DDBooger
12-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Jerry said he wouldn't, but that was BEFORE today's shellacking!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I hate to jump on any "fire the coach" bandwagon, but I think after today I am driving it.

As a head coach you have to do more than stand there with a WTH look on your face... Get in there, chew some butt and make them do what it takes to win! i think everybody wants to be the driver on this topic! :D

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
He started after Jimmy Johnson left and has not gotten out of the way since. It doesn't matter who the coach is or who the players are. Jerry Jones will screw up a team no matter what. Pacman. Are you serious??? Everyone should go on strike against the Cowboys.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:27 PM
What an idiotic post... Did you forget about the three super bowls he has won. Stop whinning!

It aint the owner.

Jason Garrett is a joke at OC
Flozell Adams is a Joke
Romo is a joke

DDBooger
12-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
He started after Jimmy Johnson left and has not gotten out of the way since. It doesn't matter who the coach is or who the players are. Jerry Jones will screw up a team no matter what. Pacman. Are you serious??? Everyone should go on strike against the Cowboys. No, that idiot Barry Switzer won 1 Superbowl

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
What an idiotic post... Did you forget about the three super bowls he has one. Stop whinning!

It aint the owner.

Jason Garrett is a joke at OC
Flozell Adams is a Joke
Romo is a joke

Jimmy Johnson did that you moron and that coconut headed Jerry Jones screwed it up. Jerry Jones never won 1 super bowls. His team that Jerry Jones put together did. Catch a clue. It is the owner.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
No, that idiot Barry Switzer won 1 Superbowl

Barry rode in on Jimmy's coat tail too.

bandera7
12-28-2008, 07:33 PM
You need to straighten out your JJ's Troy. And Jerry is an active owner, which he does have the right to do. He owns the team. He bought them. If you had spent 100's of millions of dollars on something you would want to be able to have a say in matters I think. No, you would be perfectly quiet Im sure :rolleyes:

DDBooger
12-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Barry rode in on Jimmy's coat tail too. actually his first year they didn't win the Superbowl, they did the following year. Pretty much still Jimmy's team with the exception of adding Deion

Bullaholic
12-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm not a Jerry Jones apologist, but he has laid out the $$$ for the players and coaches he thought would deliver another Super Bowl title to Dallas. If anything, he has been naive enough to think that all of his acquistions would produce on the field according to the size of their paychecks. Such has been far from the case so far, and that is not the fault of Jerry Jones.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:36 PM
So you give all of the credit to Jimmy? Well who hired Jimmy? wasnt it Jerry Jones. Hummm didnt the cowboys win a super bowl after Jimmy was gone?

Oh and if Jimmy was so great why didnt he win anything at Miami? I dont think they even made it to the playoffs with Jimmy. I think my friend you are the moron.

Jerry Jones owns the most valuable sports franchise in the world. I dont think it is the owner.

bandera7
12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Eh I dont know about the most valuable in the world. Talks of 170 million Euro trades in the Premiership in England (equating to 350 million dollars, roughly) for one player make me think the money is a bit higher over there. But Jerry Jones definitely spends his money and does everything he can to put together a winning team.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
You need to straighten out your JJ's Troy. And Jerry is an active owner, which he does have the right to do. He owns the team. He bought them. If you had spent 100's of millions of dollars on something you would want to be able to have a say in matters I think. No, you would be perfectly quiet Im sure :rolleyes:

jerry jones can spend his money how he wants to. I am just saying that people who don't like it should go on strike. There is nothing about that team that resembles unity o ra winning attitude.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I say keep Wade one more year but get rid of Jason Garret.

The NFL figured Jason Garret last year and they way things went the end of this year just proves he dose not have it.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey Troy I am sure that Jerry will stay up late tonight worrying that you want to go on strike. You sound like a band wagon riding fan that has no clue what the Cowboys are about or what thier history is.

This loss today burns me to the core. But I am not going to whine about the owner. We need a new OC, new OL coach and some safty help bad.

We have no first round picks next year so the owner you hate is going to have to pull off some great free agency pickups in the offseason.

bandera7
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
You can strike all you want. Jerry Jones wont change a thing because too many fans will continue to come and see his team play. And most cowboys fans are intelligent enough to see that Jerry Jones always has Winning as his first priority with this team.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
NFL's Cowboys Are Most Valuable at $1.5 Billion, Forbes Says
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=ahmZ_sKo6EKI&refer=home

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
jerry jones can spend his money how he wants to. I am just saying that people who don't like it should go on strike. There is nothing about that team that resembles unity o ra winning attitude.

Dude... if you think this is all Jerry's fault you don't follow the NFL much.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Bandera... I think the stadium that Jones owns puts him over the top.

bandera7
12-28-2008, 07:46 PM
That honestly surprises me blowfish, just because of the huge difference of money made by the soccer players over there. They can make over 30 million/year there. But you proved me wrong with numbers. I stand corrected.

bobcat1
12-28-2008, 07:46 PM
There is no passion in the players because there is no passion in the Coaching staff. Clean House! They are all worthless. Not one facet of the game today looked like they were ready to play. Every one of them retreads!

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I think Felix Jones will be the featured back next year with Barber going back to his third down and tough yard role.

I dont think he can stand a whole year of pounding.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I think if you take the billion of the stadium away you are probably right on.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 07:51 PM

1.5 billion is an estimate. good luck finding a buyer. should use politics and u know what that is like. i hear that sucking sound right now.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry but I will take an owner like Jerry Jones who will spend what he can when he can and TRULY wants to win over an owner who simply looks at his team as a money making investment

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
You should quit while you are ahead Troy. I am wondering if your mouth is big enough to get both of your feet in there!

MArk Cuban would byt the Cowboys in a second because they are so profitable.

bandera7
12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see Man U, who is ranked #1 in soccer, take the lead soon though. They are planning on some major expansion in their stadium. Jerry Jones is gonna have to get creative to stay atop the list.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I will have to take your word for it, I dont follow the soccer.

bandera7
12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Im not quite sure what that last post meant troy. But im sure you are correct. You always seem so dead on. Seems to me like you read one conspiracy theorist Cowboy hating article that said Jerry Jones is at fault and took it to heart.

JR2004
12-28-2008, 07:57 PM

The large portion of that value is in the new stadium. It's the same reason Washington is worth so much.

Trashman
12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
The only reason that jerry hires a coach is so he can place blame. Every coach since JJ has been a puppet.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
The only reason that jerry hires a coach is so he can place blame. Every coach since JJ has been a puppet.

Finally, someone who has some sense.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM

:iagree: except for Parcells, also would have liked to see Chan Gailey get more than one year.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
That's why Parcells didn't stay long. He went to a team where the ownership let the managers manage anthe coaches coach.

and Goodness Gracious see what happened to the Dolphins.

Jerry Jones needs to change if he wants to win.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I think I have to agree with you and the passion? Didnt see it last week either. Not sure who is to fault but Wade has to take some of the heat for it.

What about Romo. He is a good QB but he just does not have any leadership skills. I dont see any fire in his belly. Heck he dosent even get angry when things go bad. I would have liked to see him explode on someone in the huddle or on the sideline.

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 08:14 PM
You should quit while you are ahead Troy. I am wondering if your mouth is big enough to get both of your feet in there!

MArk Cuban would byt the Cowboys in a second because they are so profitable.

Cuban might buy the Cowboys but not for no 1.5 billion.

That apple don't fall to far does it.

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
That's why Parcells didn't stay long. He went to a team where the ownership let the managers manage anthe coaches coach.

I pretty much agree with you but I don't think JJ will ever change and I cant really blame him. If I owned the Cowboys I would be involved in every move... I might screw them up, but I would be involved.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM

Valid point Troy!!!!

TinyTim
12-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I pretty much agree with you but I don't think JJ will ever change and I cant really blame him. If I owned the Cowboys I would be involved in every move... I might screw them up, but I would be involved.

Narcistism at its best.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM

Now theres a man that knows what he talking about!!! Nice post Trashman. Better watch it though TXB is tired of people saying that!!!! HA HA HA

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
I have decided that you cant reason with peolple that base thier opinion on emotion.

Troy and Orange you guys should meet at T-shirts plus tommorrow and get some I am on strike shirts and drive to Valley Ranch and pickett Jery Jones.

MAybe Er Werter will even interview you guys.

I hear the Texans are looking for some fans why dont you guy root for them.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:23 PM

Preach on Troy!!! I'm feeling your message!!!

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Narcistism at its best.

Isn't there a downlow rule against using words that i have to look up in the dictionary!

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
I have decided that you cant reason with peolple that base thier opinion on emotion.

Troy and Orange you guys should meet at T-shirts plus tommorrow and get some I am on strike shirts and drive to Valley Ranch and pickett Jery Jones.

Hey Blow this, is not meant to be personal. It is based on history and facts. since we are talkin facts . Brownwood has a couple of college football signees. does wylie???

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:28 PM

I'm not on strike!!! I will watch the Cowboys win or loose... But I do have my opinion and I'm gonna throw it out there regardless of who does or doesn't like it... Your opinion is just that your opinion... Your opinion means about as much as mine. NOT MUCH! JJ is gonna do what he wants and I'm with TXB I'd rather have an owner that trys to make something happen rather than an owner that sits back and counts his money...

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Okay... I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you are not try to be an ssa.

I think that there are three that are going to sign locally. Jennings is getting some looks but not sure if it is big D1 schools.

Unfortunately we dont always have the most atheletic kids but the do have alot of heart.

Now if you were trying to be an ssa. I would rather play in the semi finals every year and have no signings than go 3-7 and two signings every year.

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Isn't there a downlow rule against using words that i have to look up in the dictionary!

Only if they are spelled correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

blowfish
Of course we have never had a quarterback go to Miami either.. oh sorry how did that work out.

I think Houston has a QB from wylie and he was Freshman of the year last year and lead the nation in several catigories this year.

slpybear the bullfan
Still laughing over this thread...

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Okay... I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you are not try to be an ssa.

I think that there are three that are going to sign locally. Jennings is getting some looks but not sure if it is big D1 schools.

Unfortunately we dont always have the most atheletic kids but the do have alot of heart.

Now if you were trying to be an ssa. I would rather play in the semi finals every year and have no signings than go 3-7 and two signings every year.

u got 1 and thats jennings. nobody else can play. period.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:35 PM
How many ALL STATE !st teamers did you have again?

We had Three!

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Oh and by the way what was the name of your current football coach? Oh that is right you dont have one, I forgot!

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I think Felix Jones will be the featured back next year with Barber going back to his third down and tough yard role.

I dont think he can stand a whole year of pounding.

That alone will be HUGE!!!! I wish we could have gotten a look at that this year...

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I think if we get a good OC in here and with Felix Jones, MArion Barber, Jason Whitten, Roy Williams, PAtrick Crayton, Romo and TO, our offense can get some things done next year.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Still laughing over this thread...

I know it's great isn't it... I never have posted much but it is a BLAST getting some of these people stirred up!!!!!!!:clap:

I really couldn't care less on most of these post. Good example is the one I started about T O Mouthing... Some of these people take this stuff way to serious but what the heck it's helping me get my post numbers up... HA HA HA

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey Blow this, is not meant to be personal. It is based on history and facts. since we are talkin facts . Brownwood has a couple of college football signees. does wylie???

LOL !!!:clap: Funny Post!!!!

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
How many ALL STATE !st teamers did you have again?

We had Three!

All state is political and means squat. Who all has signed.

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 08:42 PM
All state is political and means squat. Who all has signed.
Who has signed doesn't mean anything either. That just means they have potential to do something. All state means they already have.

All state > signings

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Man, I love my Brownwood Lions, but how did this thread turn into a Bwd/Wylie thread....I finally got over that season and here it comes back to haunt me again.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
I think if we get a good OC in here and with Felix Jones, MArion Barber, Jason Whitten, Roy Williams, PAtrick Crayton, Romo and TO, our offense can get some things done next year.

I agree 100% but I would still like to see a HC with some fire in his gut!!! IMO Phillips is not the guy...

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I guess I dont see your point but if it helps you to get through your day fine with me.

I guess I have missed all of the hall of famers from Brownwood in the NFL, and all of the heisman trophy winners. My bad.

I guess I can never win and argument on this board because Brownwood has more college signings than Wylie.

I guess I will sell my computer and just read books from now on.

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 08:46 PM

All state > signings

but I do have to disagree with this. I am not saying Brownwood is better than Wylie, I am painfully aware of who won that game. I am also not saying Bwd has better players, I am saying

All State = great honor
Signings = free college education= more that $60,000

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I agree 100% but I would still like to see a HC with some fire in his gut!!! IMO Phillips is not the guy...

You know Orange I am torn here because I really like Wade but I have to agree with you that he just dosent have that kick you in tha pants type of coaching. I dont think he is even capable of it.

It is kind of wierd too you would think that a Defensive coach would naturally be that way. Every defensive coach I ever had scared that bejesus out of me.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:49 PM
but I do have to disagree with this. I am not saying Brownwood is better than Wylie, I am painfully aware of who won that game. I am also not saying Bwd has better players, I am saying

All State = great honor
Signings = free college education= more that $60,000

:iagree: :iagree:

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I guess I dont see your point but if it helps you to get through your day fine with me.

I guess I have missed all of the hall of famers from Brownwood in the NFL, and all of the heisman trophy winners. My bad.

I guess I can never win and argument on this board because Brownwood has more college signings than Wylie.

I guess I will sell my computer and just read books from now on.

1 u are wrong. Brownwood had 2 all staters.
2 they both have signed to play college ball.

WHO FROM WYLIE HAS SIGNED A SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY COLLEGE BALL?

that there parents don't work for a college so they can walk on.

zebrablue2
12-28-2008, 08:52 PM

:redxpoke:

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
1 u are wrong. Brownwood had 2 all staters.
2 they both have signed to play college ball.

WHO FROM WYLIE HAS SIGNED A SCHOLARSHIP TO PLAY COLLEGE BALL?

that there parents don't work for a college so they can walk on.

man troy, you know I have to support you cause you are a Brownwood fan but you are making us look bad... Wylie beat us this year, we have no reason to talk crap to them. I am more proud than anyone of our allstate and college signings. My daughter is a senior with these boys so I have known them for years... My point is, this is not the thread to get into a Bwd vs Wylie pissing match.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
You know Orange I am torn here because I really like Wade but I have to agree with you that he just dosent have that kick you in tha pants type of coaching. I dont think he is even capable of it.

It is kind of wierd too you would think that a Defensive coach would naturally be that way. Every defensive coach I ever had scared that bejesus out of me.

I agree he just has a laid back personality. Makes for a great friend. He seems to be a pretty good DC.

I'm with ya on the DC. When I think of a GREAT Defensive Coach/Player, I think of Mike Singletary's glaring eyes!!! SHEESH!! That guy was one heck of a Linebacker!!!

blowfish
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Could you see Singletary working for Jones. He would kill jones within a month.

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
I agree he just has a laid back personality. Makes for a great friend. He seems to be a pretty good DC.

I'm with ya on the DC. When I think of a GREAT Defensive Coach/Player, I think of Mike Singletary's glaring eyes!!! SHEESH!! That guy was one heck of a Linebacker!!!

I agree too, I always thought his dad (Bum Phillips) was a below average coach, he just had Earl Campbell to make him look great. Gusss Wade is a chip off the old block.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Just for the record I dont like Bill Cohwer and I dont want him coming to Dallas. I dont want Mike Holgrem either.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Could you see Singletary working for Jones. He would kill jones within a month.

Now, that is funny!!! It appears that Mike is turning the 49ers around. Still a long way to go but I'll put my money on him...

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I will tell you guys how this IS like Brownwood... Just like with Freeman, I have no control with who the coach is. If Phillps is here next year, I will support him, if Cower or anybody else is here, I will support them. I am a cowboy fan no matter who the coach or who the players are! Go Cowboys in 2009!

Troybuilt
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
If Jerry wants them he get them. And with 1.5 billion he is entitled to do what he wants regardless of what we think.

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Just for the record I dont like Bill Cohwer and I dont want him coming to Dallas. I dont want Mike Holgrem either.

Well I could Hi Jack the post but I want... I'll make a new thread...

blowfish
12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I will tell you guys how this IS like Brownwood... Just like with Freeman, I have no control with who the coach is. If Phillps is here next year, I will support him, if Cower or anybody else is here, I will support them. I am a cowboy fan no matter who the coach or who the players are! Go Cowboys in 2009!

:iagree: :iagree: :clap:

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Well I could Hi Jack the post but I want... I'll make a new thread...

Oops!!! I made a new thread not realizing you (Blowfish) had beat me to the punch... Oh well. The admin can delete my thread...

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Now, that is funny!!! It appears that Mike is turning the 49ers around. Still a long way to go but I'll put my money on him...

Lets see before we annoint him a team builder

In this run they beat ONE team who had a chance at play-offs..the Jets

other wins..twce agianst St Louis, Buffalo and Washington

Orange Defense
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Lets see before we annoint him a team builder

In this run they beat ONE team who had a chance at play-offs..the Jets

other wins..twce agianst St Louis, Buffalo and Washington

Fair enough TXB... But I think he definately has what it takes... But we shall see...

blowfish
12-28-2008, 09:39 PM
If they leave Singletary alone I think you will see good things from him. I think I heard that Mrtz will be let go even though he wants him to stay.

ILS1
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
I think people are very mad today because of the potential and promise on this team ... yet, nothing but disappointment. I look at the New England Patriots as the antithesis of the Cowboys. They lost their starting QB in the first quarter of the first game. But the Pats just do what it takes to get the job done.
The problem in Dallas isn't talent or personnel evaluation. It's execution and preparation. It goes directly on the shoulders of the coaches AND the players.

Good point PF. But New England has a backup QB that has the potential to be a starter on another team. While Brad Johnson should be set out to pasture and put to sleep!!! I really think that's when things started to go downhill for the Cowboys when Romo was out for over a month with the thumb injury. Not only did they lose the big play ability of Romo but team chemistry and continuity as well. They looked to him for the big play but it wasn't there with Johnson. It was like Bledsoe all over again, a standing statue with his feet cemented to the ground. There was alot of team arguing and point fingers at one another at this time. And they went 1-3 during Tony's absence. It may sound like I'm putting all the blame on Brad but I'm putting it on the coaching staff. They should've nipped this finger pointing in the bud immediately!!! Plus,with Romo being young the coaching staff figured he was invincible and didn't need a young backup to challenge Tony but a wily veteran to be there just in case. But one good thing did come out of this. Dallas' defense made a name for themselves at this time as well. This is when they started to gel and become a unit feared by other teams and QB's. D-Ware was playing like a man possessed!! He was getting double and tripled teamed. Brady James was a tackling/sacking machine!!!! We also got Newman back from injury to actually cover someone. During Romo's absence,the defense knew they had to keep games close for any chance of a victory because 5 yard Hail Mary Brad Johnson wasn't the answer. That's one thing we can hang our hats on next year, we have a DEFENSE!!!

:D :D :D

3afan
12-29-2008, 09:52 AM

To be this flat and this out of sync in a game of this magnitude imo shows unless they have come amazing comeback in store that the coaches have lost their voice to the players

i agree - wade need to go

Bullaholic
12-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Here's a big red flag on who's-running-things in Dallas---Anytime the head coach sends in the punting unit on a 4th and 1 and the QB sends them back to the sideline and the coach has the deer-in-the-headlights look on his face----you've got serious team control problems. I'm not saying that Romo did not make the right decision---I sure agreed with that---but if Parcells would still have been the coach, Romo would have needed asbestos butt-pads when he got back to the sideline. Wade Phillips is a good DC, but not a head coach IMO.

Necks_Fan
12-29-2008, 10:35 AM

To be this flat and this out of sync in a game of this magnitude imo shows unless they have come amazing comeback in store that the coaches have lost their voice to the players I'm lost.

Am I the only one that thought Wade NEVER had a voice with the players.

I wasn't around to see it, so how did the TO press conference go?

And what's this business about Romo collapsing? :1popcorn:

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

And what's this business about Romo collapsing? :1popcorn:

Romo hurt his ribs in the game yesterday, and was still playing with a sore back...from what I've gathered, it wasn't a fainting collapse as much as his body locking up and him falling to the ground with a bad back and ribs.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'm lost.

Am I the only one that thought Wade NEVER had a voice with the players.

I think Wade did have a voice last year..The team responded to his style and played well and went 13-3

Farmersfan
12-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Good point PF. But New England has a backup QB that has the potential to be a starter on another team. While Brad Johnson should be set out to pasture and put to sleep!!! I really think that's when things started to go downhill for the Cowboys when Romo was out for over a month with the thumb injury. Not only did they lose the big play ability of Romo but team chemistry and continuity as well. They looked to him for the big play but it wasn't there with Johnson. It was like Bledsoe all over again, a standing statue with his feet cemented to the ground. There was alot of team arguing and point fingers at one another at this time. And they went 1-3 during Tony's absence. It may sound like I'm putting all the blame on Brad but I'm putting it on the coaching staff. They should've nipped this finger pointing in the bud immediately!!! Plus,with Romo being young the coaching staff figured he was invincible and didn't need a young backup to challenge Tony but a wily veteran to be there just in case. But one good thing did come out of this. Dallas' defense made a name for themselves at this time as well. This is when they started to gel and become a unit feared by other teams and QB's. D-Ware was playing like a man possessed!! He was getting double and tripled teamed. Brady James was a tackling/sacking machine!!!! We also got Newman back from injury to actually cover someone. During Romo's absence,the defense knew they had to keep games close for any chance of a victory because 5 yard Hail Mary Brad Johnson wasn't the answer. That's one thing we can hang our hats on next year, we have a DEFENSE!!!

:D :D :D

This team started playing very poorly before Romo went out with the injury. They played very poorly against the Bengals but managed a win and they lost to the Cardinals because very poor play. Based on that I would not have expected much better even if Romo had not gotten hurt. His lack luster play has cost this team BIG the last 3 years. The fumbled field goal snap was nothing more than a crainial-anal problem with Romo. Last year against the Gaints he played horrible with about a 60 QB rating. And we all saw what he did yesterday. Even Quincy Carter would have played better than Romo did. 5 turnovers by himself......

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
This team started playing very poorly before Romo went out with the injury. They played very poorly against the Bengals but managed a win and they lost to the Cardinals because very poor play. Based on that I would not have expected much better even if Romo had not gotten hurt. His lack luster play has cost this team BIG the last 3 years. The fumbled field goal snap was nothing more than a crainial-anal problem with Romo. Last year against the Gaints he played horrible with about a 60 QB rating. And we all saw what he did yesterday. Even Quincy Carter would have played better than Romo did. 5 turnovers by himself......

Romo's play agianst Giants was not the problem..his only turnover in that game was the last play

the OL and the couple of defensive meltdowns lost that game, not Romo

As for Seattle game...u know what, crap happens. the ball slips out, they take funny bounces, and sometimes no matter what, you cannot avoid it

ILS1
12-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Not so fast my friend. The Cowboys were 4-1 until the Arizona Cardinal game. That's when everything went to hell in a hand basket. At the time, Arizona was playing as well as any team in the league. Kurt Warner was having a MVP season and their young,hungry defense was crushing everyone. The Cowboys lost that game in OT and as well Romo. Then came the atrocious Rams game,where Dallas made St. Louis look like Super Bowl Champs!! Then the Defense made a name for themselves in a 13-9 victory over Tampa Bay. The Bucs were one of the top defensive teams in the league until that game!! Then the debacle in NY against the Giants, where NY proved they were still the team to beat in a 35-14 thrashing!!! Then the bye week happened and then we THOUGHT we righted the ship with a Romo return to the starting line up and great 14-10 win @ Washington!!! I really thought the Pittsburgh game was the straw that broke the camels back. They dominated a great Steelers team for 56 minutes!!! Big Ben brought them back with a great drive to tie the game and then a Romo to Whitten pass that went astray and was intercepted for a TD!!! Costing the 'Boys a HUGE victory!!!

:mad: :mad: