PDA

View Full Version : Article on Console Wars

DDBooger
12-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Wii vs xBox360 vs PS3
console wars (http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/console-wars-who-won-08-/1276642)

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Just reading that

PS3 is in REAL trouble

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 03:06 PM
The Wii is so boring

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The Wii is so boring

I disagree..Got my daughter one for Christmas and it is a blast

the big problem with the Wii is 90% of the games suck

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I disagree..Got my daughter one for Christmas and it is a blast

the big problem with the Wii is 90% of the games suck
That's what I meant. You might as well buy a SNES and get duck hunt

waterboy
12-30-2008, 01:11 PM
My daughters wanted a Wii, so Santa Claus ;) brought them one. I had never seen one, or played one, in real life so I didn't know what to expect. The graphics are definitely NOT what I expected, but it suits the girls just fine. One thing I didn't know is you have to actually get physical playing it. I must be the first person in history to have hurt my back playing a video game!:D The console came with the sports package: tennis, baseball, bowling, golf, and another game (can't think of what it is), and I bought the girls "Playground", which is what they wanted. Anybody know what other games to buy for a Wii?

Diocletian
12-30-2008, 01:20 PM
The Wii is great, best ivestiment I made all last year.

The Nintendo DS is probably the best of all of them. I bought both my wife and kid one each and they play them all the time. I find it perfect for myself, when waiting at an office or at the airport.

The PS3 is superior, in my opinion, to the XBox360. Mainly because of the gameplay and BluRay ability. But both of these consoles cost so much money it's hard to even compare them to the Wii, which is fun and cheap. I do admitt though, becoming more of a casual gamer now that if video game addiction was still in my blood, i'd vote PS3 #1.

DU_stud04
12-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
My daughters wanted a Wii, so Santa Claus ;) brought them one. I had never seen one, or played one, in real life so I didn't know what to expect. The graphics are definitely NOT what I expected, but it suits the girls just fine. One thing I didn't know is you have to actually get physical playing it. I must be the first person in history to have hurt my back playing a video game!:D The console came with the sports package: tennis, baseball, bowling, golf, and another game (can't think of what it is), and I bought the girls "Playground", which is what they wanted. Anybody know what other games to buy for a Wii? mario cart. its a must buy. :D

im also a fan of wario ware: smooth moves... it looks dumb, but i got pretty hooked on it. its a game built on lots and lots of mini.... micro games which come in random order and fast. starts off slow and the more micro games you beat the faster they come at you. its very entertaining and funny to watch.

waterboy
12-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
mario cart. its a must buy. :D

im also a fan of wario ware: smooth moves... it looks dumb, but i got pretty hooked on it. its a game built on lots and lots of mini.... micro games which come in random order and fast. starts off slow and the more micro games you beat the faster they come at you. its very entertaining and funny to watch.
Is it rated "E" for everybody? I think that is a must in my case.

DU_stud04
12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Is it rated "E" for everybody? I think that is a must in my case. http://reviews.cnet.com/wii-games/warioware-smooth-moves-wii/4505-9993_7-31884284.html

it got a e 10+, i didn't see anything too bad, some of the minigame are'pick the nose' and other wierd stuff that could seem crude humor, and some violence such as slap the sleeping person till they wake up.

waterboy
12-30-2008, 04:05 PM
http://reviews.cnet.com/wii-games/warioware-smooth-moves-wii/4505-9993_7-31884284.html

it got a e 10+, i didn't see anything too bad, some of the minigame are'pick the nose' and other wierd stuff that could seem crude humor, and some violence such as slap the sleeping person till they wake up.
Hey! I'm from EAST TEXAS........yeah, I pick boogers!:D Only the Celina folk think it's crude!:cool: I hope to go to a Bobcat game and flick 'em at 'em one day!:D I'll sit on their side just to do it.:p

Keith7
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's what I meant. You might as well buy a SNES and get duck hunt

Duck Hunt was on the NES not SNES

DU_stud04
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey! I'm from EAST TEXAS........yeah, I pick boogers!:D Only the Celina folk think it's crude!:cool: I hope to go to a Bobcat game and flick 'em at 'em one day!:D I'll sit on their side just to do it.:p call me up, ill join you on that one hahaha

waterboy
12-30-2008, 04:48 PM
call me up, ill join you on that one hahaha
You got it!:D Yeah, there's gonna be a couple of people from Celina looking in the mirror when they get home and they are gonna see a lot of green specks!:D

crzyjournalist03
12-30-2008, 04:58 PM
I love my Wii. Madden '09 is great, Super Smash Bros Brawl keeps me entertained for hours, and NHL 2k9 and MLB 2k8 would have been better had they had online capabilities to update rosters, but are still fun to play.

I enjoy playing MarioKart, Mario Party 8, and Mario Super Sluggers with friends.

I've had it over a year now and I'm not bored with it at all.

piratebg
12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
I love my Wii. I play Madden all night long on my Wii. My boys and I play Wii Sports and Star Wars Lego. I haven't bought news games in a while though. My boys want that Jedi Duel game. It looks like fun.

King_LeYoeNidas
01-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I've got a PS3, Wii & 2 Xbox 360 systems. Pound for pound, I say 360 is the best overall machine and has the best exclusive games. I haven't got a single game on PS3 but I do have about 80 Blu Ray movies. For the 360, I'm at around 30 games (I trade old ones out when I'm done) and the Wii is a novelty if anything. While Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy & Smash Bros are excellent, the vast majority of games on Wii suck. IF Microsoft incorporates the Blu Ray player, the only thing that will keep the PS3 alive will be the fact that it's funded by Sony.