PDA

View Full Version : Turf vs. Grass

GetRDoneStangs
12-27-2008, 04:03 PM
I was thinking about this during the 5A finals....Played on grass, when I would bet many of their previous games where on turf.....:thinking:

How many games did your team play on Turf vs. Grass????

Sweetwater played 13 games....all on turf.

How about your team???

Lion_Addict
12-27-2008, 04:07 PM
All ours were on turf.......I believe. :thinking:
Wait, was Liberty Hill grass :confused:

gobbler grad
12-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Did you know turf could have lead in it...:thinking: here's an article about Victoria Memorial's turf...

AD: Memorial Stadium free of lead

December 17, 2008 - 10:33 p.m.

Lead is an issue for some stadiums in Texas, but not in Victoria.

Memorial Stadium's turf was installed this summer by Hellas Construction, Inc., a company not associated with fields which tested for lead. The Austin-based company also installed the turf at Ricebird Stadium in El Campo.

"Hellas tests all of its products and there is no lead on our field," Victoria ISD athletic director Mickey Finley said.

"The turf that has tested positive is made by a different company. There were questions about lead in turf before we made the decision on which company to go with, and we made sure they did all the proper testing."

Hellas will lay the turf at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium and does not use the same materials found in AstroPlay turf.

kepdawg
12-27-2008, 11:52 PM
12 turf, 1 grass

ILS1
12-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
All ours were on turf.......I believe. :thinking:
Wait, was Liberty Hill grass :confused:

Yes, Liberty Hill is grass.

:D :D :D

ILS1
12-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Did you know turf could have lead in it...:thinking: here's an article about Victoria Memorial's turf...

AD: Memorial Stadium free of lead

December 17, 2008 - 10:33 p.m.

Lead is an issue for some stadiums in Texas, but not in Victoria.

Memorial Stadium's turf was installed this summer by Hellas Construction, Inc., a company not associated with fields which tested for lead. The Austin-based company also installed the turf at Ricebird Stadium in El Campo.

"Hellas tests all of its products and there is no lead on our field," Victoria ISD athletic director Mickey Finley said.

"The turf that has tested positive is made by a different company. There were questions about lead in turf before we made the decision on which company to go with, and we made sure they did all the proper testing."

Hellas will lay the turf at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium and does not use the same materials found in AstroPlay turf.

Hellas is the same company that installed the turf in Hutto 2 years ago!!!

:D :D :D

Rocket Dad
12-28-2008, 11:21 AM
10 games this year. 9 grass, 1 turf.