PDA

View Full Version : With the #1 overall pick in the 2009 NFL draft...

Sweetwater Red
12-27-2008, 01:26 PM
The Detroit Lions select Sam Bradford QB from OU?

Or do they try to trade the pick to add to the three picks they
already have from the Cowboys?

DDBooger
12-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The Detroit Lions select Sam Bradford QB from OU?

Or do they try to trade the pick to add to the three picks they
already have from the Cowboys? the more picks the better! IMO

Sweetwater Red
12-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
the more picks the better! IMO

Especially when every position could use a new starter with the
exception of Kevin Smith RB, Calvin Johson WR and Jeff Backus LT

DDBooger
12-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Especially when every position could use a new starter with the
exception of Kevin Smith RB, Calvin Johson WR and Jeff Backus LT
no matt millen, they won't have to worry about more wr's lmao :rolleyes:

They've been in the stink for far too long, starting over with a new qb would mean 2 possibly 3 rebuilding years. YES, I KNOW the Falcons and Ravens are changing that, but that isn't always the case. Dolphins showed some moxie by going 1-15 to playoff contender, but they brought in a veteran to lead the offense.

Send_the_House
12-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I know when I play madden next year, i'm picking Detroit to start a franchise with...

holy cow the draft picks could have them set up for something cool...

Emerson1
12-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Matt Stafford

SHSBulldog00
12-27-2008, 05:42 PM
All of the choices seem like obvious choices but what position gets the most work for Detroit? The Punter.

After watching the start of the Champs Sports Bowl between Florida State and Wisconsin they need to select P Graham Gano from Florida State. I know it may sound stupid but this kid is for real.

1st Qtr.

3 punts

3yard line; 1 yard line; 1/2 yard line

unbelieveable

SHSBulldog00
12-27-2008, 06:03 PM
We have to wait and see who leaves early...Don't forget about Tim Tebow.

DDBooger
12-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
We have to wait and see who leaves early...Don't forget about Tim Tebow. most of the draft guru's aren't really high on his stock as a qb. His delivery is pretty bad and slow. Heard lot of talk about moving him to H-Back or TE or stay at QB as a long term project.

DDBooger
12-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Matt Stafford IMO I think he'll be a bust.

turbostud
12-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I would trade the pick. They can get alot of good players this draft if they do as opposed to 1 great player.

20loboes10
12-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
All of the choices seem like obvious choices but what position gets the most work for Detroit? The Punter.

After watching the start of the Champs Sports Bowl between Florida State and Wisconsin they need to select P Graham Gano from Florida State. I know it may sound stupid but this kid is for real.

1st Qtr.

3 punts

3yard line; 1 yard line; 1/2 yard line

unbelieveable

haha funny but you know they wont take a punter first round. The defense couldnt stop the opposing offense from scoring if the offense was on theyre own 1/2 yard line

sotex
12-28-2008, 01:48 AM
The Lions will take Bradford and he will be another NFL bust.

Dogman_1969
12-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Name 1 qb from Poops era that has made a team in the league? Sam B may break the string though. I think he is the real deal....

BreckTxLonghorn
12-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Name 1 qb from Poops era that has made a team in the league? Sam B may break the string though. I think he is the real deal....

Bradford is for real. Most outstanding player in college football hands down. If he stays in school, I'm calling Texas V OU 2009 as game of the year.

Sweetwater Red
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Bradford is for real. Most outstanding player in college football hands down. If he stays in school, I'm calling Texas V OU 2009 as game of the year.

He probably will stay in school to avoid being drafted by the Lions.:thinking: