PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones: Phillips will be back!!

PHS Wildcats
12-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Don't know if he'll stick to it, but I heard it on foxsports radio, 105.3 The Fan that Jerry says that Wade will be back. I found the link on ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3793871

Jerry Jones: Cowboys' coaches to remain
Associated Press

Updated: December 26, 2008, 7:05 PM ET

IRVING, Texas -- Wade Phillips will be back as coach of the Dallas Cowboys next season, and Jason Garrett will remain in charge of the offense, regardless of whether the team makes the playoffs, club owner Jerry Jones said Friday.

And he said it vehemently.

"The coaches are in place. I've said that. How can I be any clearer?" Jones said. "Look, I've said that our coaching staff, as far as I'm concerned, is in place. I just want to make the statement rather than answer questions, because your questions imply certain things that I don't want to imply.

"I'm saying that when I look at where we are coaching staff-wise and when I look at where we are personnel wise, I see a team that is in place to compete for several years."

Still, the questions continued because this team that went 13-3 last season and owned the No. 1 seed in the NFC is now 9-6 and trying to grab the last available wild-card into this season's playoffs.

The Cowboys will get it with a win Sunday in Philadelphia. If they lose, there's been speculation that Jones would fire Phillips.

There's long been speculation that Phillips might be pushed aside, and Garrett promoted from offensive coordinator, next season anyway as Dallas moves into a new $1.1 billion, 100,000-seat stadium.

"I'd like to go in that new stadium with a Super Bowl win," Jones said.

But what if they don't make the playoffs? Could things change then?

"Look, can y'all not understand statements?" Jones said. "What the [expletive] is going on here? Really. I really don't understand what is going on. The coaching staff is in place. The coaching staff is in place. The building is here. You want to ask the question, what if it blows down?"

westcoast54
12-27-2008, 11:46 AM
That's cause Wade is a puppit.

Twirling Time
12-27-2008, 12:45 PM
I think they'll go with Wade for one more year and then bring in Holmgren.

Garrett is nowhere near ready to be a head coach, that's plain to see. Jerry would have to shell out big bucks to bring in a big name like Bill Cowher.

This year there aren't many hotshot coordinators that I can think of, anyway.

Phil C
12-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Well he certainly made it obvious what his intentions are. Let's hope the Cowboys can beat the Eagles and make the playoffs.

BullsFan
12-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
"I'm saying that when I look at where we are coaching staff-wise and when I look at where we are personnel wise, I see a team that is in place to compete for several years."

So when are they going to start?

sotex
12-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
So when are they going to start?

:clap: LOL

When Jones hires a coach with cajones which is never.

Astrosdawg07
12-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by sotex
:clap: LOL

When Jones hires a coach with cajones which is never.

What was Parcels?

westcoast54
12-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
I think they'll go with Wade for one more year and then bring in Holmgren.

Garrett is nowhere near ready to be a head coach, that's plain to see. Jerry would have to shell out big bucks to bring in a big name like Bill Cowher.

This year there aren't many hotshot coordinators that I can think of, anyway.

Like your thoughts but I don't think that will ever happen. Holmgren is supposedly building his retirement home in the San Fransisco area. So....I would think if Singeltary can't get the job done, which I think he can, Holmgren will already be there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the front office in San Fransisco.

Would love for Cower to come this way...but that's not going to happen either.

sotex
12-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
What was Parcels?

The Tuna was a joke in Dallas. He never had any authority.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 01:47 AM
The Tuna was a joke in Dallas. He never had any authority.

really?

where has that been documented?

HE controlled the draft and player movement..the ONLY player he "supposedly" was not on board with was TO

sotex
12-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
really?

where has that been documented?

HE controlled the draft and player movement..the ONLY player he "supposedly" was not on board with was TO

Jerry and Stephen controlled the draft. Tuna was not involved.

Emerson1
12-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Can you back that up with facts sotex?

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Jerry and Stephen controlled the draft. Tuna was not involved.

uhh

then why did they drast Julius Jones over Stephen Jackson? Because PARCELLS liked Jones over him

JasperDog94
12-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh

then why did they drast Julius Jones over Stephen Jackson? Because PARCELLS liked Jones over him ...and how did that work out for Dallas?:doh: :( :(