PDA

View Full Version : How quick do you get rid of the tree and other decorations

Looking4number8
12-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I have been known to be taking down decorations while the kids were still unwrapping gifts... Now I wait until at least Christmas afternoon. Just wondering if I was the only one that is completely tired of a tree in the house by the time Christmas is here?

KingRob
12-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I leave ours up until after New Years! I put everything up, so I decide when to take everything down. ;)

Rabid Cougar
12-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I have been known to be taking down decorations while the kids were still unwrapping gifts... Now I wait until at least Christmas afternoon. Just wondering if I was the only one that is completely tired of a tree in the house by the time Christmas is here?

Scrooge!

Looking4number8
12-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Scrooge!

You know what i think of that..... Baaa Humbug!

Trashman
12-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Mrs Trashman insist that all decorations must be in place the weekend before thanksgiving. If No inside decorations can be taken down before the first weekend in january and no outside decorations are to be removed before the last weekend in january. This all comes from a woman that starts lisening to Christmas music in early october. I know what your thinking.........I'm a lucky man.;)

bobcat1
12-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Tomorrow afternoon. :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

DU_stud04
12-24-2008, 06:40 PM
epiphany

CenTexSports
12-24-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't put any up and I don't take any down so it doesn't matter to me.

My job is to pay for everything my wife buys.

PHS Wildcats
12-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Jan 2nd

blowfish
12-24-2008, 10:19 PM
I leae everything up all year. Sometimes it clashes with the other Holiday items.

Just joking, We are having an extended Christmas this year so it might make it till the first weekend in Jan.

ccmom
12-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Mrs Trashman insist that all decorations must be in place the weekend before thanksgiving. If No inside decorations can be taken down before the first weekend in january and no outside decorations are to be removed before the last weekend in january. This all comes from a woman that starts lisening to Christmas music in early october. I know what your thinking.........I'm a lucky man.;) Close...I was thinking "He's a SMART man!" Just do as she says....:D

Looking4number8
12-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok, it is 11 AM and I about to get started taking down the tree. My kids were over yesterday and we opened the gifts then. Therfore for me it is the day after Christmas. I might leave the outside decorations for a day or two (only because I live on the main road and don't want people throwing eggs at me) but the tree is about to fall!

Necks_Fan
12-25-2008, 12:52 PM
We usually leave ours up from just after Thanksgiving all the way through January.

My Grandma likes the way it looks, so she wants to keep it up.

I think we'll take it down a little earlier this year.

As for me, I'm already tired of looking at it.

turbostud
12-25-2008, 01:43 PM
My wife put our tree up one year the day after Halloween. I was so sick of looking at that tree by Christmas day.