PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the six-way tie in 17-AAA???

dab
10-13-2002, 02:26 PM
I just wanted to see what people thought about the six teams tied for first in District 17-AAA. Robinson, who was undefeated, got beat by Hillsboro on Friday. Robinson was in control of the league and undefeated before the loss, but now has the disadvantage of only beating the two worst teams in the district.
Gatesville knocked of the district's other undefeated team, China Spring.
LaVega and West both won as well.

That makes Gatesville, Robinson, China Spring, West, Hillsboro and LaVega all tied for first at 2-1. Connally and Whitney are 0-3.

Entering this week, Gatesville travels to Robinson for a key game, while Hillsboro and West match up as well. LaVega and China Spring play each other and the two winless teams battle as well. This proves that you have to play every week in this district.....

chris02
10-13-2002, 07:14 PM
yes this very well does prove that you have to play every week in this district to prove yourself. many times the top 3 or 4 teams in the district have been this way, but putting back hillsboro and adding robinson this yr has made it even more obvious. i think that the bottom 3 spots will be battled over as well as the top 5. west has improved a lot this yr and i think can battle their way to at least 3rd from the bottom (when generally the goal was just to not get killed during district...) and the top spot is up for grabs. robinson has a great shot at it though some have doubted they're skills. i give the top 3 spots to robinson, hillsboro, and gatesville, in no particular order.