PDA

View Full Version : I just DO NOT understand the selfishness!!!

Ranger Mom
12-24-2008, 10:33 AM
One of my oldest sons friends committed suicide last Friday!

His girlfriend/baby momma broke up with him so he hung himself with his Championship Rodeo Belt. She found him the next morning.

He had 2 kids under the age of 4, parents, friends....everything to live for.

Chad (my son) was a pallbearer at the funeral yesterday!!! He said it was AWFUL!!!!

What a Christmas memory to leave your family!! I am mad at him!!!:mad:

Necks_Fan
12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Wow.

Sad situation.

waterboy
12-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I've had two very good friends who did the same thing. Both of them had kids. One had 3, the other had 2. I was MAD at them for doing that, and still am to some degree. That is such a selfish thing to do, and it's just taking the easy way out. I lost a tremendous amount of respect for them when they did that.

Looking4number8
12-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I had a nephew do that about 10 years ago. The worse thing is, is I don't think his kids have ever forgiven him.

Electus Unus
12-24-2008, 02:28 PM
That is a very selfish thing to do and if it were my friend who did that I don't know if I could be his paul bearer due to the fact that he did that to his kids.

blowfish
12-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately I have worked close to 100 suicides in my career. It is always devastating to the family.

There are always as many different reasons for suicide as there are ways to do it.

One thing I have found that in most cases the people are in a lot of pain, wether it is emotion, physcological, or physical.

CHS_CG
12-25-2008, 02:21 AM
My freshman year in high school, there was a guy who was a soph. he was kinda of mentally slow and his dad wasnt very considerate about it... he hung himself in his back yard from a tree.. it was the sadest thing ever!

nobogey72
12-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't think that any of us can understand the mental anguish that someone has going on in their head that can cause them to take that step. Humans have a natural instinct to survive, and when something hurts so bad that it causes one to lose that survival instict, it must be more than we can imagine.

VAMike
12-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Unfortunately I have worked close to 100 suicides in my career. It is always devastating to the family.

There are always as many different reasons for suicide as there are ways to do it.

One thing I have found that in most cases the people are in a lot of pain, wether it is emotion, physcological, or physical.

There are no "reasons" for suicide, just excuses. There are way more folks in serious emotional, psychological or physical pain who do NOT take the coward's way out.

JR2004
12-27-2008, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I don't think that any of us can understand the mental anguish that someone has going on in their head that can cause them to take that step. Humans have a natural instinct to survive, and when something hurts so bad that it causes one to lose that survival instict, it must be more than we can imagine.

I'm going to have to go with this response as the best in this thread.

For someone to get to the point where ending their life seems like their best alternative is sad. While I do genuinely feel bad for the families that are left behind I also feel bad for those that take that final step and bring their life to an end. It's just a sad situation all the way around when it happens.

bobcat1
12-27-2008, 06:34 AM
My goodness. Selfish absolutely. That is such a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I fell sorry for those that loved him. He obviously did not care enough about them to live. I wonder if he was just trying to hurt her back.

SWMustang
12-27-2008, 09:46 AM
I guess he thought being a family man was a lifetime obligation. Too bad that "baby momma" didn't feel the same.

blowfish
12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

very well said!

Ranger Mom
12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
UPDATE: Due to facts uncovered during the autopsy, this "suicide" is now being investigated as a "homicide!"

95mustang
12-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
UPDATE: Due to facts uncovered during the autopsy, this "suicide" is now being investigated as a "homicide!"

This doesn't make it easier for his family or friends, but it sure makes a difference in their eyes. I personally knew this young man as I grew up and ran around with one of his older brothers. I knew him very well when we were younger. May God Bless them all during this trying time.

SWMustang
12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Baby Momma did it

Ranger Mom
12-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Baby Momma did it

No way!!

SWMustang
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I have no idea but usually when there's a break-up and a homicide, the significant other is investigated first. It's a senseless loss of life regardless.

CHS_CG
12-29-2008, 06:12 PM
my prayers are with his family and friends, if this is truely a homiside I hope they are able to catch who did it.

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2008, 12:02 PM
My wife had an Uncle that married into the family. together with my wife's Aunt they had three kids that were all in middle school or highschool. One Thanksgiving morning he decided to wait till his parents left for the big dinner. Then he walked into their house, went into their bedroom, pulled out one of his father's guns, laid down on his parents bed and pulled the trigger.

I am sure there are much more selfish things in this world you can do, but I haven't heard of one yet.

I thank God that his wife and kids moved on, and are all very, very good people. So proud of them.

bobcat1
12-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
My wife had an Uncle that married into the family. together with my wife's Aunt they had three kids that were all in middle school or highschool. One Thanksgiving morning he decided to wait till his parents left for the big dinner. Then he walked into their house, went into their bedroom, pulled out one of his father's guns, laid down on his parents bed and pulled the trigger.

I am sure there are much more selfish things in this world you can do, but I haven't heard of one yet.

I thank God that his wife and kids moved on, and are all very, very good people. So proud of them. I know them well and they are the BEST People. I still don't understand it.

injuredinmelee
12-31-2008, 09:48 PM
a little something i read last night and blogged to my myspace:

When a trout rising to a fly gets hooked on a line and finds himself unable to swim about freely, he begins with a fight which results in struggles and splashes and sometimes an escape. Often, of course, the situation is too tough for him.

In the same way the human being struggles with his enviornment and with the hooks that catch him. Sometimes he masters his difficulties, sometimes they are too much for him. His struggles are all that the world sees and it naturally misunderstands them. It is hard for a free fish to understand what is happening to a hooked one.
Karl A Menninger

wimbo_pro
01-01-2009, 02:31 AM
The fact that he has a "baby mamma" speaks poorly to our society and values.