PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood receiving no love.........

Lion_Addict
12-24-2008, 08:47 AM
The boys are 14-0 in Basketball and aren't even ranked. What a crock! :rolleyes: :mad:
Suppose after we spank Wylie's hind parts, maybe they'll think about it. :devil: :stirpot:

Looking4number8
12-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
The boys are 14-0 in Basketball and aren't even ranked. What a crock! :rolleyes: :mad:
Suppose after we spank Wylie's hind parts, maybe they'll think about it. :devil: :stirpot: :iagree:

Pick6
12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Suppose after we spank Wylie's hind parts, maybe they'll think about it. :devil: :stirpot:

I love Brownwood Basketball, there's some love for ya.

Farmersfan
12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
I got a big steaming pile of love for ya!!!!!!! Feel better now?

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

Looking4number8
12-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

That's special...thanks, I think

Lion_Addict
12-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Ummmmmm, I'm figuring I should be asking you that. :eek: :p

pirate4state
12-24-2008, 09:59 AM

After the football season, do ya blame the pollsters? I mean, yall made them look bad with their #3 ranking = the number of wins you had this year!!! :eek: :devil:

:kiss: :D

Lion_Addict
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
After the football season, do ya blame the pollsters? I mean, yall made them look bad with their #3 ranking = the number of wins you had this year!!! :eek: :devil:

:kiss: :D

Oh no you don't.........don't even be kissing on me after that!! :foul: :foul: :tongue: :tongue:

pirate4state
12-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh no you don't.........don't even be kissing on me after that!! :foul: :foul: :tongue: :tongue: bahahaha :D

LionKing
12-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Maybe they'll be like the girls volleyball team that never cracked the top 10, but did get to play in the state championship game.

lv2937
12-24-2008, 12:55 PM
bahahaha :D after watching bwood play burnet yeaterday, iwill say that bwood is not that good, they may be 14/0 but the game against burnet was not won untill the last 2 minutes of the game. burnet is probbaly a 3rd or 4th place team in our district. would like to see a bwood liberty hill match up in basketball.

Trashman
12-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
after watching bwood play burnet yeaterday, iwill say that bwood is not that good, they may be 14/0 but the game against burnet was not won untill the last 2 minutes of the game. burnet is probbaly a 3rd or 4th place team in our district. would like to see a bwood liberty hill match up in basketball.

Everybody has to hate Brownwood.:( :(

Not! :devil::devil: :devil:

Electus Unus
12-24-2008, 02:31 PM

:kiss: :D FTW!

LionKing
12-24-2008, 03:44 PM
after watching bwood play burnet yeaterday, iwill say that bwood is not that good, they may be 14/0 but the game against burnet was not won untill the last 2 minutes of the game. burnet is probbaly a 3rd or 4th place team in our district. would like to see a bwood liberty hill match up in basketball. Lets see, on Burnet's home court, Brownwood lead for most the game, had a 10 pts lead early in the 4th qtr, then won by 12, yea, they somehow managed to win that one in the last 2 minutes.

Looking4number8
12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Lets see, on Burnet's home court, Brownwood lead for most the game, had a 10 pts lead early in the 4th qtr, then won by 12, yea, they somehow managed to win that one in the last 2 minutes.

Sounds like somebody was making something up...don't it buddy.

Wait, maybe he went to the first 3 quarters of the JV game, waited a long long time for a coke and some nachos and then got back in his seat for the last of the varsity game... that would explain the difference.

Slamhammer
12-24-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm not so sure Wylie is who we need to be calling out in the street. I saw them play over in the Joshua tourney and they were very impressive. If we can beat them it should definitely get someones attention.

DUKE22
12-25-2008, 09:04 PM
I have seen Brownwood twice and they are pretty good. Very athletic on the perimeter and they have a couple of really good shooter. Parker Taylor is really good inside they probably should go to him more. He is a very talented young man. Where is he thinking about going to school?

Looking4number8
12-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I have seen Brownwood twice and they are pretty good. Very athletic on the perimeter and they have a couple of really good shooter. Parker Taylor is really good inside they probably should go to him more. He is a very talented young man. Where is he thinking about going to school?

I talked to his dad at one of the home bball games, he is getting lot of calls for football. Everything from d1 to d3. Not sure where he is going yet, but he will be playing on Saturdays. Good kid that has worked very very hard to get where he is today.

DUKE22
12-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah i figured football was his future. He is one the best i have seen at going up after a football. He made some huge plays this year.

Heffelfinger
12-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Just curious....who has Brownwood beaten? That might shed some light on their 14-0 record.

Looking4number8
12-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
Just curious....who has Brownwood beaten? That might shed some light on their 14-0 record.

This is from the schedule in my wallet. It may not be 100% correct, seems like a game or two was cancelled and replaced because of the other team still being in the playoffs. Also, I am not sure who they played in the two tournaments that they won.

Llano
Clyde
Jim Ned
Ballinger Tourn
Stephenville
Clyde Tourn
San Angelo Lake View
Abilene Cooper
Burnet

We will know more after this weekend. In the Brownwood tournament (this Monday and Tuesday) will include several 4A and 5A teams. I think it is a round robin tournament.

DUKE22
12-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
This is from the schedule in my wallet. It may not be 100% correct, seems like a game or two was cancelled and replaced because of the other team still being in the playoffs. Also, I am not sure who they played in the two tournaments that they won.

Llano
Clyde
Jim Ned
Ballinger Tourn
Stephenville
Clyde Tourn
San Angelo Lake View
Abilene Cooper
Burnet

We will know more after this weekend. In the Brownwood tournament (this Monday and Tuesday) will include several 4A and 5A teams. I think it is a round robin tournament. I think they have beaten clyde three times and clyde is not bad. I know they have beaten snyder as well.

DUKE22
12-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey looking4number8 I got a question for you. This is in no way bashing Coach Freeman. Why did Parker Tayor, Miller, and Lowe never play any defense. I mean in that last game I dont think there is any way we score 53 with those guys on the other side. I would just think with one game to win they might have been over there some.

Orange Defense
12-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Here's ya some Love. I HATE ALL BASKETBALL!!!!!!

Looking4number8
12-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Hey looking4number8 I got a question for you. This is in no way bashing Coach Freeman. Why did Parker Taylor, Miller, and Lowe never play any defense. I mean in that last game I don't think there is any way we score 53 with those guys on the other side. I would just think with one game to win they might have been over there some.

that's a fair question. As for Miller, I heard from a reliable souce that that was part of the deal for him playing football this year. His future is in baseball and he would not chance an injury by playing defense. That's fair enough and Freeman stuck to his work on it.

Parker Taylor played a good bit of defense as the season went on. Parker has lots of ability but not a ton of speed. He gave 150% on every play but defense was not his strongest point.

As for as Lowe, not sure except for he was injured a lot early in the season. He played a good bit of defense in the Wylie game and that was probably our best defensive performance of the year. After that game, i never saw him on the field again for defense the rest of the year.

cookiemonster
12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
I have had the opportunity to meet Coach Perkins and he is a great guy. I hope good things continue to happen for him.

lv2937
12-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Lets see, on Burnet's home court, Brownwood lead for most the game, had a 10 pts lead early in the 4th qtr, then won by 12, yea, they somehow managed to win that one in the last 2 minutes. burnet go within 2 points with about 3 minutes to play. burnet strarted fouling way to early. bwood won the the game on the free throw line. our dumb a-- coach did even play our big guy but about 2 minutes in the fourth quarter. cant figure out why he didnt olay. bwood was having trouble stoping him. he had only one foul on him. as far as beating llano, i would quit playing bball if i couldnt beat llano. we have play lampasas twice and beat them by 20 each time. lampasas beat llano 104/44.

Looking4number8
12-27-2008, 07:14 PM
he had only one foul on him. as far as beating llano, i would quit playing bball if i couldnt beat llano. we have play lampasas twice and beat them by 20 each time. lampasas beat llano 104/44.

Looks like all that for nothing. Llano was one of the teams that canceled on us early in the season. We have not played them. The coach replaced them with Marlin.

Troybuilt
12-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Slamhammer
I'm not so sure Wylie is who we need to be calling out in the street. I saw them play over in the Joshua tourney and they were very impressive. If we can beat them it should definitely get someones attention.

wylie put a woopin on #9 ranked brownfield last week. we really out to be careful who we call out.

Big Papa
12-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger

i think they whooped up on roscoe at a tournament by acouple of points...

Looking4number8
12-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i think they whooped up on roscoe at a tournament by acouple of points...

I don't think he meant it as calling Wylie out, I think he was just trying to share the love that we are 14-0. No matter who we have played, that's great for us.

Wylie always has a very strong team and I think we will play them very very tough. I know I will be at that game.

Like I said earlier, we will see how we are after this week. Brownwood plays 4, 4A schools in 2 days at the Holiday tourney. We will play Aledo, Denton Guyer, Wichita Falls(not sure which one) and Granbury.

Snyder and Sweetwater will also be here but we will not get to play them.