PDA

View Full Version : In Softball Sinton beats Ingleside 4 to 3

Phil C
03-11-2003, 10:47 PM
It was a well played game by the Lady Pirates tonight as they defeated Ingleside who was ranked No. 3 in High School 3A softball. The pitching was great and the fielders played well. A great win for a young rebuilding team with a new outstanding coach that might perhaps have already been rebuilt now. Ingleside was highly rated and had defeated some ranked 5A teams. An encouraging way to start district play.

pirate4state
03-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Congrats to Coach V and his squad! Keep rollin'

big daddy russ
03-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Congratulations, Sinton. Those are my girls and they're loaded this year... great win for a program that lost their head coach and a couple of studs from last year's team. This just goes to show that Sinton doesn't rebuild, they just reload. I think it would be awesome if we could meet up in the playoffs like you and Odem did last year. That was a classic.

Phil C
03-12-2003, 03:15 PM
I agree Big Daddy that it would be great if they could meet in the playoffs like Sinton did last year against Odem and George West. Both teams should be able to make the playoffs this year. Of course Ingleside comes to Sinton to play later this year. I read in the paper that Aransas Pass beat West Oso and I talked to someone from Mathis and he told me that last night Taft beat Mathis but I don't know the score or details. I don't know if Aransas Pass or Ingleside has a web site to get their schedules but if anyone knows please let me know.

Old Cardinal
03-12-2003, 09:35 PM
To Phil C. & BDR: Do you have any tournaments left for either the Girls or Boys. Bridge City plays in a good tough Louisiana Tournament in Sulphur, La this weekend. Going against their best is quite a challenge.