PDA

View Full Version : Thursday December 22nd, 1983

JR2004
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
While the Daingerfield Tigers and their fans were busy celebrating their historic state championship season, my parents were busy moving us into our new home 25 years ago today!

I still remember my parents surprising my younger brother and I by moving us in just three days before Christmas. They had gotten the tree already decorated by most of my family that had come to help us move in. It was a total surprise to my brother and I. I have been very priviledged to enjoy many a great Christmas over the last 25 years there, but that one was probably the best because we finally lived somewhere with plenty of room in the house as well as plenty of room to roam around outside. The 15 acres were and are loaded with plenty of trees and even a spring out in the woods. A pond filled up with crawdads was nice too!

We had lived in a trailer home (not one of these doublewides like you see today. It was small, real small. I'm sure some older folks remember some of those tiny trailers.) the first 4+ years of my life while my parents built our house bit by bit. They had purchased 15 acres of land outside the city limits of Lampasas (That they were thankfully able to pay out for 200 a month over a 12-13 year span.) and would build more of the house when they had the money to do so. I believe pretty much everyone who helped my dad and mom build the house did so for free.

Anyhow today is a pretty cool day each year for my family so now you know. :)

ccmom
12-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I enjoyed that story very much. Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas!:)

waterboy
12-22-2008, 06:05 PM
That truly is a beautiful story, JR. Thanks for sharing, and have a very Merry Christmas!

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Pretty Country out there.
Merry Christmas

pirate4state
12-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Happy Belated Anniversary!
I'm sure you spoke to your parents yesterday. :)
Have a safe trip home & Merry Christmas.

JR2004
12-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Happy Belated Anniversary!
I'm sure you spoke to your parents yesterday. :)
Have a safe trip home & Merry Christmas.

Today is the 22nd Rita!

pirate4state
12-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Today is the 22nd Rita!

HAHA I had it right the first time. :doh: Dangit. I am in need of sleep or a new calendar! :thinking: :crazy1:

I swear....:o

Sorry for ruining your story. :(