PDA

View Full Version : My way too early 2009 Dallas Cowboys schedule

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey, since it's offseason, I figured it's time to start throwing out complete hypotheticals. Here's my prediction for the 2009 Dallas Cowboys schedule. Call it an educated guess...all but two of the Cowboys opponents for next year have been determined, so it's not entirely just baseless! I'm going off of the assumption that Jerry Jones carries a good deal of clout with the schedulemakers, which some of you may or may not believe.

Week 1: Philadelphia @ Dallas: This game starts off the Sunday Night football schedule. If Dallas somehow wins the Super Bowl, this becomes your opening night matchup. Either way, this matchup has all sorts of intrigue as one of these teams ended the other's season in 2008, it's the opening of the new Cowboys stadium, and Philly is bound to have great storylines ranging from what they did with Donovan McNabb to whether or not Andy Reid stays.

Week 2: Dallas @ Denver

Week 3: Dallas @ Washington: Monday night football

Week 4: San Fransisco @ Dallas: After three big games to star the year, schedulemakers try to give Dallas a break. If Philly beats Dallas this weekend, this game becomes Seattle at Dallas.

Week 5: Dallas @ Tampa Bay: Brad Johnson will not win this one.

Week 6: Dallas @ NY Giants: Another MNF or SNF game

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: Oakland @ Dallas: Dallas catches a break between two road games at Divisional foes.

Week 9: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Week 10: Washington @ Dallas

Week 11: Dallas @ Chicago: Tony Romo won't have to visit a cold city in December this year. Depending on how this week shakes out, this game could be at Minnesota or Green Bay.

Week 12: Atlanta @ Dallas: For whatever reason, the Cowboys continue to get a home game the week before Thanksgiving

Week 13: San Diego @ Dallas: CBS doesn't want another Lions-Titans game on Thanksgiving, and since it's the 'Boys turn to play an AFC team on Thanksgiving, San Diego seems like a perfect fit since I don't see CBS asking for an Oakland-Dallas matchup here.

Week 14: Dallas @ New Orleans

Week 15: NY Giants @ Dallas

Week 16: Dallas @ Kansas City: Instead of an apparent brutal schedule in December, the Cowboys get a little help with a game against a Chiefs team that should be rolled over by here

Week 17: Carolina @ Dallas: May not be an easy game, but it wraps up a December that is much easier than the 2008 schedule. It's a perfect opportunity for an NBC flex game if it has any meaning.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-22-2008, 04:03 PM
:( was hoping the Cowboys had the Texans division next year on their schedule. Well guess Cowboys just have to pummell the Texans in preseason!

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:( was hoping the Cowboys had the Texans division next year on their schedule. Well guess Cowboys just have to pummell the Texans in preseason!

haha...the "unofficial" opening of the new stadium! Or is it at Reliant this year?

eagles_victory
12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Hey, since it's offseason, I figured it's time to start throwing out complete hypotheticals. Here's my prediction for the 2009 Dallas Cowboys schedule. Call it an educated guess...all but two of the Cowboys opponents for next year have been determined, so it's not entirely just baseless! I'm going off of the assumption that Jerry Jones carries a good deal of clout with the schedulemakers, which some of you may or may not believe.

Week 1: Philadelphia @ Dallas: This game starts off the Sunday Night football schedule. If Dallas somehow wins the Super Bowl, this becomes your opening night matchup. Either way, this matchup has all sorts of intrigue as one of these teams ended the other's season in 2008, it's the opening of the new Cowboys stadium, and Philly is bound to have great storylines ranging from what they did with Donovan McNabb to whether or not Andy Reid stays.

Week 2: Dallas @ Denver

Week 3: Dallas @ Washington: Monday night football

Week 4: San Fransisco @ Dallas: After three big games to star the year, schedulemakers try to give Dallas a break. If Philly beats Dallas this weekend, this game becomes Seattle at Dallas.

Week 5: Dallas @ Tampa Bay: Brad Johnson will not win this one.

Week 6: Dallas @ NY Giants: Another MNF or SNF game

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: Oakland @ Dallas: Dallas catches a break between two road games at Divisional foes.

Week 9: Dallas @ Philadelphia

Week 10: Washington @ Dallas

Week 11: Dallas @ Chicago: Tony Romo won't have to visit a cold city in December this year. Depending on how this week shakes out, this game could be at Minnesota or Green Bay.

Week 12: Atlanta @ Dallas: For whatever reason, the Cowboys continue to get a home game the week before Thanksgiving

Week 13: San Diego @ Dallas: CBS doesn't want another Lions-Titans game on Thanksgiving, and since it's the 'Boys turn to play an AFC team on Thanksgiving, San Diego seems like a perfect fit since I don't see CBS asking for an Oakland-Dallas matchup here.

Week 14: Dallas @ New Orleans

Week 15: NY Giants @ Dallas

Week 16: Dallas @ Kansas City: Instead of an apparent brutal schedule in December, the Cowboys get a little help with a game against a Chiefs team that should be rolled over by here

Week 17: Carolina @ Dallas: May not be an easy game, but it wraps up a December that is much easier than the 2008 schedule. It's a perfect opportunity for an NBC flex game if it has any meaning. No way Dallas plays San Fran when your one of the top teams you don't get a softy in non divisonal preset matchups.

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
No way Dallas plays San Fran when your one of the top teams you don't get a softy in non divisonal preset matchups.

Dallas will play either San Fransisco or Seattle at home next year. You play the teams that finish in the same spot as you in the division. So, if Dallas finishes second in the East, they will host the second-place team in the West, which is San Fransisco. If they finish third, they host the third-place finisher in the West, which would be Seattle.

eagles_victory
12-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Dallas will play either San Fransisco or Seattle at home next year. You play the teams that finish in the same spot as you in the division. So, if Dallas finishes second in the East, they will host the second-place team in the West, which is San Fransisco. If they finish third, they host the third-place finisher in the West, which would be Seattle. Oh I didnt know there was theory to it I just thought they picked attractive matchups.

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2008, 05:05 PM
No way Dallas plays San Fran when your one of the top teams you don't get a softy in non divisonal preset matchups.

They've played Detroit how many tiimes in the last 8 years or
so? Or are you saying Detroit isn't soft?:thinking: :D

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh I didnt know there was theory to it I just thought they picked attractive matchups.

Yeah, the entire schedule every year is completely predictable.

For example, the Texans next year schedule is completely set except for one road game.

Home opponents:

Tennessee, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, San Fransisco, Seattle, NY Jets, New England, and Oakland

Road: Tennessee, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Buffalo, St. Louis, Arizona, Miami.

The only road game to be determined is between Cincy and Cleveland. Houston will face whichever of those teams finishes third in the North.