PDA

View Full Version : Finding basketball standings isn't easy.

Sweetwater Red
12-21-2008, 01:12 PM
The Lubbock, Abilene, Amarillo, Midland, and Wichita Falls papers
have nothing on-line.

Does any know of a good link for boys/girls basketball info?(insert begging smilie here):(

JR2004
12-21-2008, 03:02 PM
You're pretty much out of luck on this one. You used to be able to find good stuff on TexasHoops until that site moved onto the Rivals network. What little good the site had left has been ruined by a handful of retards who have done everything possible to run the messageboard into the ground.

pirate4state
12-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Region I editor is keeping the page updated with basketball stuff????

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Region I editor is keeping the page updated with basketball stuff????

Well my intentions were to keep the district pages updated with
boys/girls basketball standings. In the spring I was going to
include baseball and softball. I think I've bitten off more than I can
chew though.:(

Hell, I can't even find 2-3A standings.:mad:

pirate4state
12-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Well my intentions were to keep the district pages updated with
boys/girls basketball standings. In the spring I was going to
include baseball and softball. I think I've bitten off more than I can
chew though.:(

Hell, I can't even find 2-3A standings.:mad:

Well that's cause district hasn't started :p ;)

I kid, I kid....it's very hard right now to get standings because of all the tourney play and coaches don't have time to get that stuff (records/standings) to local papers because they also teach and have end of year exams, etc...

Keeping up with baseball/softball would be easier for me, but that probably has more to do with me actually LIKING the sport(s). :D

Good Luck!

BEAST
12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Dont know about the other schools but, Brownwood boys are 13-0. The girls have only won 2 games.

BEAST

maestro
12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
i know that it is just regional.....but bryan newspaper....and the san antonio newspaper are the best that i've found..

victoria advocate is also a good sports newspaper.....but i beleive that they are going to begin standings posting in january...

crzyjournalist03
12-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Simple...find the school's website, contact the athletic director, and ask them what their basketball teams' records are. I mean, you should be able to make that many phone calls within a couple of days assuming everybody answers.

icu812
12-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
You're pretty much out of luck on this one. You used to be able to find good stuff on TexasHoops until that site moved onto the Rivals network. What little good the site had left has been ruined by a handful of retards who have done everything possible to run the messageboard into the ground.

Ain't that the truth. Several years ago I used to enjoy checking that site during bb season. It's 90% bs now.

mwynn05
12-22-2008, 04:48 PM
at least tabc puts records with their rankings now

WestTxschwab
12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
For west texas try www.oaoa.com ( odessa paper )

for fort stockton and that district try
www.fortstocktonpioneer.com