PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the 2 SC games at Reliant in Houston

Necks_Fan
12-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Katy 17-3 over Wylie

Allen 21-14 over FBHT

Let me say this, yes Katy won a State Championship, but the 2 best teams in the building were FBHT and Allen.

IMO, FBHT was the better team. They lost. It's true.

BUT, FBHT left 13 points off the board. They missed 2 FG's and got stopped on 4th down inside the 1 yard line. Also, 2 of Allen's TD's were blown coverage, but what happened, happened.

Give Allen credit though. They came out and beat FBHT.

I think it was more of HT losing it than Allen winning it, but hey, it's w/e.

#10, #11, and #12 for FBHT are awesome! :clap:

Katy, #25 and #37 were awesome! :clap:

Also, How did Wylie make it this far? Their QB played awful. 3 or 4 INT's and TONS of missed WIDE OPEN receivers. Balls were skipping to receivers and being way overthrown, or behind, etc.

Also, I didn't see a Wylie player get ejected, but I DID see a Katy player get ejected.

Did I miss something?:thinking:

The atmosphere was awesome the crowds were electric. The teams left it all on the field, and the Allen Eagles and the Katy Tigers go home Champs.

Congrats and I'm SO glad that I went. It was a blast.

MJMbrahmas10
12-21-2008, 12:36 AM
number 25 from katy is the safety correct? if so i met his dad two weekends ago and had a nice little chat with him

Emerson1
12-21-2008, 12:37 AM
A wylie player did get ejected, he threw punches at the bottom of the pile. They are not required to go to the locker room. What did the Katy player do?

Necks_Fan
12-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
number 25 from katy is the safety correct? if so i met his dad two weekends ago and had a nice little chat with him Yes, #25 was a safety. He was everywhere.

IMO, he is Katy's best player.

He had an excellent game, as did #37.

IHStangFan
12-21-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes...was frustrating watching Hightower throw the game away against Allen. They had the edge when it came to athletes, speed, etc. Allen appeared to be better coached and just wanted it more. FBHT had the ability to win that game w/ ease, but chose to shoot themselves in the foot and pretty much implode in the 4th Q. Disappointing.

Necks_Fan
12-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A wylie player did get ejected, he threw punches at the bottom of the pile. They are not required to go to the locker room. What did the Katy player do? Guess I just wasn't paying attention.

As far as the Katy guy goes, it was a run play to the left side.

On the FAR right side, a receiver and CB got into it. The play was over and the WR threw the CB down. He got called for Unnecessary Roughness, and I think he got ejected for mouthing off to the ref who threw the flag. Atleast I THINK that's why he got ejected.

Necks_Fan
12-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Yes...was frustrating watching Hightower throw the game away against Allen. They had the edge when it came to athletes, speed, etc. Allen appeared to be better coached and just wanted it more. FBHT had the ability to win that game w/ ease, but chose to shoot themselves in the foot and pretty much implode in the 4th Q. Disappointing. The score should have been 20-0 at halftime.

I have no dog in this fight, but HT SHOULD have beat Allen.

HT got out-coached and out-played in the second half.

HT had WAY more athletes and I thought this game would be a blowout when it was 7-0 and HT was driving.

I even sent 2 people a text saying that Allen was WAY outmatched. And they were, I still have no idea how in the hell Allen won that game.

Confuses the crap outta me.

IHStangFan
12-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Nothing else to say but CONGRATS ALLEN...You came hungry, and executed. Took advantage of the situation and came out on top. Way to go...State Champs! :clap:

Necks_Fan
12-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Nothing else to say but CONGRATS ALLEN...You came hungry, and executed. Took advantage of the situation and came out on top. Way to go...State Champs! :clap: Yep. Congrats to Allen.

And Katy. :D

But seriosly..... Allen and FBHT were both 3 TDs+ better than Katy..... and Wylie should have just stayed at home.

LH Panther Mom
12-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
The score should have been 20-0 at halftime.

I have no dog in this fight, but HT SHOULD have beat Allen.
But it wasn't and they didn't. :p

I still have no idea how in the hell Allen won that game.

Confuses the crap outta me.
You answered your own question below.

HT got out-coached and out-played in the second half.

VAMike
12-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Guess I just wasn't paying attention.

As far as the Katy guy goes, it was a run play to the left side.

On the FAR right side, a receiver and CB got into it. The play was over and the WR threw the CB down. He got called for Unnecessary Roughness, and I think he got ejected for mouthing off to the ref who threw the flag. Atleast I THINK that's why he got ejected.

Are you sure you were at the game? The Katy player ejected was an offensive lineman, not a WR.

GetRDoneStangs
12-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by VAMike
Are you sure you were at the game? The Katy player ejected was an offensive lineman, not a WR.

He was....he just couldn't see over the person sitting in front of him!!!

:D :D :D :D

JK......Necks_Fan!!!!

bobcat1
12-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

:D :D :D :D

JK......Necks_Fan!!!! http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gifhttp://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif That right there is funny. I'd say on a scale of 1-6 it's a 4.2. http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif

3afan
12-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Also, How did Wylie make it this far? Their QB played awful. 3 or 4 INT's and TONS of missed WIDE OPEN receivers. Balls were skipping to receivers and being way overthrown, or behind, etc.

Wylie was the real deal ..... they made it this far on their D and because of Monk (the QB). Monk has played lights out all thru the playoffs. The difference yesterday was the pressure Katy applied. Monk had not been harassed like that all thru the playoffs and it seemed to rattle him. Plus Katy's D was goooood.

turbostud
12-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

:D :D :D :D JK......Necks_Fan!!!!

Originally posted by bobcat1
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gifhttp://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif That right there is funny. I'd say on a scale of 1-6 it's a 4.2. http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif

LOL!!!!:D

Necks_Fan
12-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
Are you sure you were at the game? The Katy player ejected was an offensive lineman, not a WR. Well, I know when the player got ejected, it was after a play where a WR threw a CB down.

The side judge on the FAR side threw the Flag and ejected a Katy player.

He didn't say who, but I assumed it was the WR directly in front of him.

W/e. I really don't care. I just know Katy had a player ejected.