PDA

View Full Version : Wylie plays dirty

Looking4number8
12-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Just had to title it like that to gt the AW attention.

However i am taking about the 5A wylie team. at halftime they have had several personal fouls and a player ejected for punching a player while in a pile. Cheap shots being thrown all over the field. ..... that makes me say.... go katy!

kepdawg
12-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Katy had a player ejected also.

Looking4number8
12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Katy had a player ejected also.

Guess I missed that.. sorry!

LionKing
12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Yea, I saw the punch he gave the Katy player, however; Katy had a player ejected about 2 plays later, I guess it was retaliation.

GetRDoneStangs
12-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I am not impressed at all with the 5A game.....:( :(

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 04:32 PM
After numerous unsuccessful attempts to watch LT/LV, I decided to tune in, with about 2 minutes or so in the half. I had already read on a blog about the ejection. :ack!:

Son's g/f's dad was QB for Katy "back in the day" so I was already cheering for them. :)

Looking4number8
12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That's Wylie's MO. We played them earlier this year, and they did the same thing. Every film Ive seen on them showed them doing the same thing. We lost our backup QB against them when ol' #8 kicked him in the head while he was on the ground.
From Ive been told, they've always been thataway, no matter who was coaching them. If you know the community, then you probably believe that.

Thats kind of how it appears watching them on the TV, but I feel bad for judging the attitudes when I don't keep up with or watch them throughout the year.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
That's Wylie's MO. We played them earlier this year, and they did the same thing. Every film Ive seen on them showed them doing the same thing. We lost our backup QB against them when ol' #8 kicked him in the head while he was on the ground.
From Ive been told, they've always been thataway, no matter who was coaching them. If you know the community, then you probably believe that.
Do you know what AHMO stands for?

Pick6
12-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you know what AHMO stands for?

It's pig latin for Necks_Fan is short :D

Maroon87
12-20-2008, 05:13 PM

The Katy coach said at halftime that they expected a lot of cheap shots from Wylie coming in. Not exactly a ringning endorsement of another program.

Also #74 for Wylie speared #91 for Katy while he was on the ground in the first half. Classy.

Maroon87
12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Do yoy know what AHMO stands for?

Apparently it's Latin for "cheap shot."

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
According to local folklore, just before the regional playoff game against Breckenridge in 1977, coach Shaffer returned home from a late practice. Dean Martin's Celebrity Roast was on TV. On this particular episode, a comedian was roasting actor Dan Haggerty, who was the star of The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams. This comedian talked to Haggerty about how different his upbringing on the South Side of Chicago was from the mountain setting on Grizzly Adams. One of the words the comedian recalled from his childhood was AHMO, as in “AHMO go to the store” or “AHMO kick your butt.” Knowing that the Pirates were huge underdogs to Breckenridge, and that Wylie had never made it past the second round of the playoffs to that point, Shaffer decided he would use the new word to motivate his team.
So, the next day he introduced it, and the players adopted it as their rallying cry. They went on to win the 2a state championship that year, but as the program went WAY down, they kinda lost it. A about 10 years ago, when Mark Ball took over as HC, he brought it back and they've used it ever since.
LOL! :clap: :clap: I love it!

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 05:16 PM
17-0 now :)

Maroon87
12-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Against us, #8 knocked our QB down about 2 seconds after the ball had been thrown. That drew a flag by itself. Then, he took about a 5 step running start and kicked him in the side of the head. Grade 2 concussion and bench clearing brawl insued.

Did he get ejected?:eek:

Maroon87
12-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Nope. Boss was kinda unhappy about that.

Oh man...two words: Code Red.

eagles_victory
12-20-2008, 05:31 PM

Son's g/f's dad was QB for Katy "back in the day" so I was already cheering for them. :) Possible future in laws isnt that a reason to cheer against Katy?

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Possible future in laws isnt that a reason to cheer against Katy?
LOL! Nah, they're pretty cool. :) And WAAAAAY too early about talking about that! :p

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 05:34 PM
That interception was HUGE and might be the nail in the coffin.

eagles_victory
12-20-2008, 05:37 PM
That interception was HUGE and might be the nail in the coffin. Yea that AHMOst did it

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Few years ago they took on Hebron in 4A play-offs and the game got away from Wylie early and they spent the rest of the game picking up about every type of personal foul penalty you can imagine

One of the few times I ever said on the air that a team was classless and had given up, but it was apparent they had

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Yea that AHMOst did it
LOL! :D

That last pick was pure greatness! Katy's defense has been incredible during this game.

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Few years ago they took on Hebron in 4A play-offs and the game got away from Wylie early and they spent the rest of the game picking up about every type of personal foul penalty you can imagine

One of the few times I ever said on the air that a team was classless and had given up, but it was apparent they had attitude reflects leadership, lot of teams from deprived areas display good sportsmanship...That coach should instill discipline in those kids, it will go further than just the football field and can translate into a healthy way to live.

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
attitude reflects leadership, lot of teams from deprived areas display good sportsmanship...That coach should instill discipline in those kids, it will go further than just the football field and can translate into a healthy way to live.
Wylie is hardly deprived. They play in a brand new stadium and people are flocking there to live

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Wylie is hardly deprived. They play in a brand new stadium and people are flocking there to live

Yea Wylie is not a poor area by ANY stretch

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 06:11 PM
some of the comments in this thread had me believing that, my bad!

kepdawg
12-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Watching this game is the second best thing to beating them earlier this year. This also shows just how much weaker D2 was in 5a this year than D1. No way Wylie gets to this game in D1 this year.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, but how exactly do you come to those conclusions based off of this game? :thinking:

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 06:12 PM

From Ive been told, they've always been thataway, no matter who was coaching them. If you know the community, then you probably believe that. i took this for meaning the area was bad...should have clarified

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL, nothing deprived about the the city of Wylie. But, they are the typical "trailor trash in new shoes". Lots of money, but very little class in the town. They've been this way for quite awhile. Even back in the 4a, 2-8 days. thanks for clearing that up :)

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
i took this for meaning the area was bad...should have clarified
So you assume just because they throw cheap shots they are a poor, black, inner city school?

kepdawg
12-20-2008, 06:21 PM
So you assume just because they throw cheap shots they are a poor, black, inner city school?

Has anyone said anything about black until now? :thinking:

kepdawg
12-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Woodlands 49, Katy 0
Woodlands only went 2 rounds deep in D1, and Katy just completely dominated Wylie. But, I didn't need this game to come to this conclusion. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that Wylie doesn't go 6 rounds in a bracket with Plano, Allen, Trinity, Garland, Permian, Skyline, Stony Point, The Woodlands, et al.

I guess it's a good thing for Katy they were D2!

blowfish
12-20-2008, 06:24 PM
DId you see the quarterback drill #22 on Katy. He was flushed out of the pocket no time on clock and reared backed and threw it as hard as he could at the defensive guy.

Talk about lack of class.

Emerson1
Originally posted by kepdawg
Has anyone said anything about black until now? :thinking:
It was implied

Emerson1
Originally posted by blowfish

Talk about lack of class.
We have established this

Pick6
12-20-2008, 06:25 PM
It was implied

I didn't see that, can you show me?

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 06:31 PM
If it wasn't for 30 MPH winds last week they don't beat Copperas Cove.

Pick6
12-20-2008, 06:33 PM
If it wasn't for 30 MPH winds last week they don't beat Copperas Cove.

If it wasn't for Cisco out scoring Pottsboro, Pottsboro would of won last week. :thinking:

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 06:39 PM
no he assumed that, I stated many schools from those areas do perform with class, appreciate you stance and agree with it, but read a little more and you won't sound as ignorant as you assume I am! ;) you'll learn kiddo

kepdawg
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
If it wasn't Wylie, it probably was Cedar Hill, and Katy handles them too. More like a good thing for Wylie that they got to go D2.

No I meant it was a good thing for Katy that Katy went D2!

JR2004
12-21-2008, 01:09 AM
I didn't watch the game, but this is not the first time Wylie has been down this road as far as some of the extra stuff that has been mentioned on this thread.

Their first year up in 5A in 2006 they were playing Richardson Berkner at home and had a player twist Rams QB Justin Johnson's ankle. I remember all this pretty well because it was on the news for most of the following week.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/100406dnspohswylie.32660b7.html