PDA

View Full Version : Good Season Celina

JR2004
12-20-2008, 03:06 AM
I'll have to say that if someone told me back in about the middle of September that Celina would've been playing in the final high school game out in Texas Stadium I would've thought they were crazy or that the stadium must've been demolished in November. I was at the Daingerfield game (Grant told me we were going to Six Flags and instead we wound up in Celina!) and after watching that, well to be kind, I thought it'd be a struggle for them to go further than a couple or three rounds. I did say in the stands during that game that Daingerfield would win a state title, (Guess we'll see on that later on today.) but I was still surprised by the outcome at the time.

Celina probably improved more than any other team in Class 3A from that point forward and really there's not a whole lot of shame in losing to the better team tonight from Carthage. My friend that I went to the game with tonight enjoyed the game and so did I. He's a Hebron fan, but he's been to his share of Celina games over the years and he always enjoys watching y'all play and he liked what your band did during halftime (as well as the halftime announcer saying God Bless over the PA during the band's performance.) and so did I. Carthage just had a better team tonight and sometimes you just run into a buzzsaw like the Bulldogs.

Anyhow it was fun seeing y'all play a couple of games this season and I'm sure I'll see y'all again next year making another deep playoff run in football.

bobcat1
12-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks on behalf of the Bobcats JR2004. Were you by chance at the Celina-Kennedale game?

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks JR! What a group of fine young men. Loved the same, regardless of the outcome.

Thanks Bobcats and Bobcat Coaches for another great year!