PDA

View Full Version : End of the Line for Texas Stadium

Maroon87
12-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Tonight is the last regular season Cowboys game at Texas Stadium...what are your fondest memories of the place, Cowboys-related or otherwise?

Mine are seeing Garth Brooks there in '93, watching the Boys beat the Giants in person on my 30th b-day in '98 and the game where Staubach led them back to a win over the Skins in '79.:cool:

trojan37
12-20-2008, 02:46 AM
They had the top 10 most memorable moments at Texas Stadium on ESPN, which all involved plays in Cowboys games. But the biggest memory they said a lot of people would have from there was the Plano East-John Tyler game from 94, one of the best games in Texas high school history.

alaskacat
12-20-2008, 04:00 AM
I have a tape ot that game..Plano was down 47-17 with 3 minutes left and took the lead.

They kicked it away to Tyler ad Roderick Dunn ran it back to win it anyway....hell of a game though

most of the fans had left when it all started, they were pulled off the sides of roads listenin gto it o the radio when it ended

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-20-2008, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
They had the top 10 most memorable moments at Texas Stadium on ESPN, which all involved plays in Cowboys games. But the biggest memory they said a lot of people would have from there was the Plano East-John Tyler game from 94, one of the best games in Texas high school history. i got to see some film of that game a little while back. by far the most memorable of them all. i couldnt believe what was going on. it was totally outrageous.

Maroon87
12-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Notice how 7 of the top 10 moments were Cowboy losses...typical ESPN.:thinking: