PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Mods

wimbo_pro
12-20-2008, 01:53 AM
I have noticed the thread regarding assisted suicide was uncerimoniously closed...as was the thread about global warming. I thought this category (non-sports forum) was the place for such things? Am I wrong? What am I missing here?

Now, I am fully aware that this is not a democracy, and you guys can do whatever you feel at anytime...and we can either love it or leave it. Fair enough. I get it. No need to re-post the rules.

But I just gotta ask...why were those threads closed while we were in the middle of a seemingly decent discussion, but other threads about topics that seem to be just as volatile survive? Is there something I am missing here? Or is it just arbitruary? I can accept the arbitruary thing....just would like to know for future reference.

Not trying to "needle" anyone...its just that as the football season ends, I would like to know if this will continue into the off-season, or will it loosen up.I am sure there will be a lot of "hot topics" coming in the months ahead...just want to be sure I am in the right forum for this type of discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Necks_Fan
12-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Who knows?

Expect things that don't make any sense. Thats how things work here.

Looking4number8
12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Or is it just arbitruary?

Damn it... I hate it when I have to use an on-line dictionary!

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 01:57 PM
The best I can answer is that it depends on the subject and the direction it takes. Sometimes it might be just a dead horse subject that has run the gamut 487 times. Some will always be closed based on the rules.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sometimes it might be just a dead horse subject that has run the gamut 487 times. rules.

LOL Well then I guess we can not have any

Snyder vs Sweetwater

Celina vs LH

Which Region/district is the best

etc, etc

:D I kid I kid

wimbo_pro
12-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The best I can answer is that it depends on the subject and the direction it takes. Sometimes it might be just a dead horse subject that has run the gamut 487 times. Some will always be closed based on the rules.

Ummmm....Ok. That cleared things up.

LHexPlayer
12-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I have noticed the thread regarding assisted suicide was uncerimoniously closed...

I notice you used the word "closed" instead of "killed".....interesting:thinking:

wimbo_pro
12-20-2008, 07:57 PM
It was sent to a better place.

DDBooger
12-20-2008, 07:59 PM
It was sent to a better place. "assisted"

Maroon87
12-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
"assisted"

By Dr Kevorkian?:thinking:

DDBooger
12-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
By Dr Kevorkian?:thinking:
:D
have you ever heard the Jerky Boys call to a place that cremates remains. lmao he asks if they can help "melt down" his parents, but they aren't dead yet.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Ummmm....Ok. That cleared things up.
Check your pm's :devil:

sinton66
12-21-2008, 08:54 PM
It's ALWAYS a judgement call based on our published rules and what we have seen before on here. So, it's part rules and part experience. That's about as simple an explanation as we can give.

wimbo_pro
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I gotcha Sinton66...i cant tell you the number of bar fights I have gotten in over the damned global warming issue. And lets not even talk about the assisted suicide rumbles.