PDA

View Full Version : NETFLIX on XBOX360

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 03:02 PM
AWESOME, most amazing scientific accomplishment this century thus far...to those who take life to serious, thats a joke! :rolleyes: :D
8.95 a month, limitless online hours! MONEY!

Electus Unus
12-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Are they doing HD movies?

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Are they doing HD movies? I didn't check, but when i watched my first movie it checked my tv settings for that. I watched Weird Science, so doubt they had that in HD.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-19-2008, 03:32 PM
On the PS3, you can download the movies to the hard drive for $5 and you can download the HD movies for $10, sometimes; depending on how new the movie is of course. The older the movie, the less it cost. You can also rent movies on your PS3 just like you can on DirecTV or cable for $4 each, but there is no Netflix for it, which I have heard has been an epic failure for the 360 thus far. The streaming movies on the PS3, however, are amazing.

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
On the PS3, you can download the movies to the hard drive for $5 and you can download the HD movies for $10, sometimes; depending on how new the movie is of course. The older the movie, the less it cost. You can also rent movies on your PS3 just like you can on DirecTV or cable for $4 each, but there is no Netflix for it, which I have heard has been an epic failure for the 360 thus far. The streaming movies on the PS3, however, are amazing. I don't know why it would be a failure, it's instant, no need to download and take up space. 8.95 a month and I watch as many movies as I want. YES!!! I NEVER HAVE TO BE DISAPPOINTED WHEN I GO TO BLOCKBUSTER and a wall of one movie is completely rented out!!!

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
I don't know why it would be a failure, it's instant, no need to download and take up space. 8.95 a month and I watch as many movies as I want. YES!!! I NEVER HAVE TO BE DISAPPOINTED WHEN I GO TO BLOCKBUSTER and a wall of one movie is completely rented out!!!

Or getting home and then having to go back to Blockbuster when the stupid DVD or Blu-Ray won't play because it's too scratched up. I swear people rent DVDs just to jack with them.

Emerson1
12-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
I didn't check, but when i watched my first movie it checked my tv settings for that. I watched Weird Science, so doubt they had that in HD.
They have movies in HD but not the entire collection. They have a HD section under the watch instantly drop down tab on Netflix.com

On the PS3, you can download the movies to the hard drive for $5 and you can download the HD movies for $10, sometimes; depending on how new the movie is of course. The older the movie, the less it cost. You can also rent movies on your PS3 just like you can on DirecTV or cable for $4 each, but there is no Netflix for it, which I have heard has been an epic failure for the 360 thus far. The streaming movies on the PS3, however, are amazing.
Where did you hear it was an epic failure?

It's a great feature. The unlimited amount of streaming movies is a new technology to netflix by its self not just the 360 so they selection is limited right now. That is the only downfall right now.

blowfish
12-19-2008, 07:40 PM
I just ordered the roku ($99) it is a wireless device that hooks directly to my HdTV via HDMI.

I cant wait. I have had Netflix four about four years now and I love it!

Blockbuster's was good also but I dropped them when they did away with the unlimited in store exchanges.

Keith7
12-19-2008, 11:51 PM
I have netflix on my 360 and I love it.. My girlfriend and I watch movies on it almost daily

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I have netflix on my 360 and I love it.. My girlfriend and I watch movies on it almost daily
:2thumbsup

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They have movies in HD but not the entire collection. They have a HD section under the watch instantly drop down tab on Netflix.com

Where did you hear it was an epic failure?

It's a great feature. The unlimited amount of streaming movies is a new technology to netflix by its self not just the 360 so they selection is limited right now. That is the only downfall right now.

I heard that the quality wasn't that great from the handful of people who have tried it. I think it's a great idea and I'm actually getting a 360 here in a few weeks and will utilize it myself if it works well.

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 07:39 PM
I heard that the quality wasn't that great from the handful of people who have tried it. I think it's a great idea and I'm actually getting a 360 here in a few weeks and will utilize it myself if it works well.
The only drawback is how they determine the quality. If you have a bad connection instead of just letting it buffer for a while, it picks a lower quality for you. Really not sure why but that's what it does.

I get 4/4 bars on normal movies and 3/4 on HD usually but it looks just fine.

Being able to just pick a movie and stream it lets you watch movies you normally wouldn't waste time on. I watched Cashback thursday and never would have wasted a slot on my queue for that on a normal rental.

DDBooger
12-20-2008, 07:40 PM
it does man, the selection of new movies is not that big, but it's gettin there. But I have like 12 movies on instant queue. Pretty cool

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
it does man, the selection of new movies is not that big, but it's gettin there. But I have like 12 movies on instant queue. Pretty cool
I hope that is because it's a newer technology for netflix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netflix#Watch_Instantly

Currently the Watch Instantly service features more than 12,000 movies and recorded television shows available[11]. Major studios including NBC Universal, Sony Pictures, MGM, 20th Century Fox, CBS/Paramount, ABC-Disney, Warner Brothers, Lions Gate Entertainment and New Line Cinema are all distributing films and television shows via the service.[12][13] On October 1st, 2008 Netflix announced a partnership with Starz Entertainment to bring 2,500+ new movies and television shows to Watch Instantly in what is being called Starz Play.[14]

"On November 19, 2008 Netflix initiated a "soft launch" of HD streaming consisting of approximately 300 movies."

-----

So I hope they soon expand. Sony also was not allowing their movies to be streamed over the 360

DDBooger
12-20-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope that is because it's a newer technology for netflix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netflix#Watch_Instantly

Currently the Watch Instantly service features more than 12,000 movies and recorded television shows available[11]. Major studios including NBC Universal, Sony Pictures, MGM, 20th Century Fox, CBS/Paramount, ABC-Disney, Warner Brothers, Lions Gate Entertainment and New Line Cinema are all distributing films and television shows via the service.[12][13] On October 1st, 2008 Netflix announced a partnership with Starz Entertainment to bring 2,500+ new movies and television shows to Watch Instantly in what is being called Starz Play.[14]

"On November 19, 2008 Netflix initiated a "soft launch" of HD streaming consisting of approximately 300 movies."

-----

So I hope they soon expand. Sony also was not allowing their movies to be streamed over the 360
yeah the war continues with them. I've been hearing Microsoft is developing a Blu-Ray for 360, any truth to that E?

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
yeah the war continues with them. I've been hearing Microsoft is developing a Blu-Ray for 360, any truth to that E?
I have heard that for a while now. Not sure.

and they offer shows like The Office over streaming as well, IN HD! I might go back and rewatch them all again haha

DDBooger
12-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I have heard that for a while now. Not sure.

and they offer shows like The Office over streaming as well, IN HD! I might go back and rewatch them all again haha lmao i watched season 1 yesterday! its hilarious!!