PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious

Necks_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:03 PM
To know how the overall strength of schedule is faring now.

At the beginning of the season, everybody questioned Celina's schedule. Now that things have taken shape, they played 2 possible state champs in the regular season.

I wonder how the actual stats would shape up now.

Cough... Wos87.....cough

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 02:04 PM
good question N_F.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
To know how the overall strength of schedule is faring now.

At the beginning of the season, everybody questioned Celina's schedule. Now that things have taken shape, they played 2 possible state champs in the regular season.

I wonder how the actual stats would shape up now.

Cough... Wos87.....cough

I thought before the season Celina was stepping up and playing one of their toughest Non-District schedules in a long time.

Necks_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm sure there are other teams in the same situation.

I bet LH's SOS isn't as high now as it was. Don't get me wrong, they played a bunch of top notch teams in the Reg season, but none made it to the state games.

I know you can include the playoffs, but I'm thinking about just the regular season.

Necks_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I thought before the season Celina was stepping up and playing one of their toughest Non-District schedules in a long time. Maybe so, but I can recall alot of people saying the teams they played were overrated, or 2A, etc.

Also said the district was weak too. Both state champs from that district?

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Maybe so, but I can recall alot of people saying the teams they played were overrated, or 2A, etc.

I don't think anyone said the district was weak, but that region, top to bottom IS weak, IMHO.

I'm with txb, Celina was finally able to schedule a much tougher pre-district schedule.

We had several convos about this in the chat.

Pick6
12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe so, but I can recall alot of people saying the teams they played were overrated, or 2A, etc.

From top to bottom the district was weak. Gainesville, Sanger and Whitesboro wouldn't of made the playoffs in any other 3a district. Celina and Prosper were both head and shoulders above Argyle also.

BobcatBenny
12-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
From top to bottom the district was weak. Gainesville, Sanger and Whitesboro wouldn't of made the playoffs in any other 3a district. Celina and Prosper were both head and shoulders above Argyle also.
Hopefully, I will want to return to this thread later this evening! :eek:

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM

Also said the district was weak too. Both state champs from that district? I'll back you on that Necks...I remember after Celina dropped the first....and especially the 2nd game...there was a lot of buzz around here about how they, the teams they played in pre-district, and the district itself was over-rated.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Man, I thought this thread was going somewhere else. Whew! haha

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Man, I thought this thread was going somewhere else. Whew! haha

Man that's all we need is another "coming out" party on the Down Low.:doh:

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Man that's all we need is another "coming out" party on the Down Low.:doh: "another"?? We've had one? Glad I missed it. LOL.

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
"another"?? We've had one? Glad I missed it. LOL.

You didn't read about that Snyder bunch?:devil:

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You didn't read about that Snyder bunch?:devil: LOL...I guess not!

block&tackle
12-19-2008, 03:58 PM
This is baloney and it cracks me up.

In '06 and '07 Celina had 3 non-district opponents. 2 of them were state finalists in '06 and one won a state championship in '07. The two Argyle Liberty Christian teams that we played those two years were as good as Liberty Hill and China Springs and better than anyone else we played.

weak schedule = we aren't familiar with them (and they aren't East Texas) so they must not be good

Pick6
12-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle
The two Argyle Liberty Christian teams that we played those two years were as good as Liberty Hill and China Springs and better than anyone else we played.

Mark Bowles would even disagree with that statement.

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL...I guess not!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78005

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78005 LOL!!! "change your location from West Texas to Austin" .......classic.