PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys on NFL channel only

dirtydan
12-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Here in the piney woods of East Texas most of us are without the NFL channel on which the dallas cowboys will be broadcast again. Channel 7 says we can pick it up live on NFL.COM. The last time we had this problem, there were so many complaints that the NFL opened it up on the FOX channel; they didn't make any announcements about it, they just turned it on.

JR2004
12-19-2008, 01:00 AM
I would imagine they'll be fielding enough complaints to get this one televised on a regular network on Saturday night. The final game in the stadium's history and only a small portion of the fanbase gets to see it? Yeah I'm sure that'll go over real well with Cowboys' fans...lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2008, 01:22 AM
:(

i just paid to get NFL network installed tommorrow morning thru dish network as Time Warner still doesn't carry it, so now i have dish network for the next 24 months :mad: and time warner.

Aesculus gilmus
12-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Go to www.justin.tv tomorrow night and I would imagine someone there is streaming it.

STANG RED
12-19-2008, 09:17 AM
You know if people would just quit forking over their cash and bending over and taking it like they like it from these chumps, they would learn there lesson and quit doing this crap.
Just refuse to pay for this people!!! They'll get the picture and change their ways if they arent making money at it.

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:(

i just paid to get NFL network installed tommorrow morning thru dish network as Time Warner still doesn't carry it, so now i have dish network for the next 24 months :mad: and time warner.

so, you didn't have a friend who you could watch the game with?

blowfish
12-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I am making a huge pot of Brunswick Stew and inviting some of those less fortunate than me to watch the game, drink a beer or two, and eat some stew.

NFL channel on Dish in HD, wow it dont get no better than that. Of course one of my friends has tickets and didnt invite me so I guess I know where I stand with him.

It is alright though we have made a few modifictions to his vehicle he just might be a little late to the game.

Rabbit'93
12-19-2008, 12:18 PM
NFL Network = piss poor production. Camera work is crap, commentators suck. All around poor......

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't understand the Time Warner/NFL channel mess!!

I use a little bitty cable company out of Odessa that services the Greenwood area and a little section between Midland and Odessa.

It is just basic cable...none of the tons of channels that people who subscribe to a "satellite" company have....and even we get NFL Network!!!

bigYoe
12-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know what Channel NFL network is on, on Dish Network out of Central Texas? I've watched a few games on their already this season but only by mistake, I cant think of the channel of the top of my head.

Twirling Time
12-19-2008, 12:57 PM
If you don't get NFL Network, it's also on Channel 33 in Dallas.

DaHop72
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Does anyone know what Channel NFL network is on, on Dish Network out of Central Texas? I've watched a few games on their already this season but only by mistake, I cant think of the channel of the top of my head. NFL network is 154.

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
Here in the piney woods of East Texas most of us are without the NFL channel on which the dallas cowboys will be broadcast again. Channel 7 says we can pick it up live on NFL.COM. The last time we had this problem, there were so many complaints that the NFL opened it up on the FOX channel; they didn't make any announcements about it, they just turned it on.

Try a sports bar, they will have it. Good luck.

Home markets have to offer it on local tv, but you are probably too far out for that to apply. Houston puts it on local tv when Texans play on ESPN or NFL Network.

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Try a sports bar, they will have it. Good luck.

Home markets have to offer it on local tv, but you are probably too far out for that to apply. Houston puts it on local tv when Texans play on ESPN or NFL Network.

Will you be able to watch it at home or are you going to have to go to a Sports Bar....because we KNOW you will be watching!!:taunt: :taunt:

DaHop72
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Will you be able to watch it at home or are you going to have to go to a Sports Bar....because we KNOW you will be watching!!:taunt: :taunt: But he won't acknowledge that he did unless they lose.:devil: :devil:

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Will you be able to watch it at home or are you going to have to go to a Sports Bar....because we KNOW you will be watching!!:taunt: :taunt:

Sports bar after work. Where I am living now the local cable does not offer NFL Network due to contractual stuff being litigated now. So probably BW3s on way home, but I will be watching.

Dallas should win a tough one.

g$$
12-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
But he won't acknowledge that he did unless they lose.:devil: :devil:

Huh? I've seen every game for Houston & Dallas this year. Never said otherwise. Win or lose, I watch the games.

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Huh? I've seen every game for Houston & Dallas this year. Never said otherwise. Win or lose, I watch the games.

I read too many threads to keep up with who likes who and who doesn't.

Refresh my memory...are you a Dallas fan and a TO hater....or, do you NOT like Dallas because they have TO??

If so, do you root for whoever they are playing??

g$$
12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I read too many threads to keep up with who likes who and who doesn't.

Refresh my memory...are you a Dallas fan and a TO hater....or, do you NOT like Dallas because they have TO??

If so, do you root for whoever they are playing??

Like Wade Phillips, can't stand Jerry Jones, TO, Pacman, Tank Johnson, thug of the week, etc. Jerry Jones ruined the Cowboys for me years ago. I grew up in Houston area so I am a Houston fan. But I used to root for the Cowboys too. Not anymore. Feel sorry for Wade the puppet because he is a good football man & quality guy. His dad Bum is a legend & always will be.

Houston Texans are finally getting there & should be a playoff team next year w/ a few additions & subtractions. Kubiak & Smith have righted the ship after Casserly & Capers. It should not have taken this long, but the best is coming. Andre Johnson is the best WR in football, hands down.

I find myself in a quandary every week. I want Wade to succeed but hate JJ & how he has tarnished the star (he is a great business man). So there it is. Wish Wade would come home to Houston & run the defense after Dallas fires him (but he favors 3-4 defense & Houston does not have the personnel for that now).

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Andre Johnson is the best WR in football, hands down.

Gulp...

Breathe....one, two, three....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I may actually agree with g$$ on something!

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Why would they do this? The Dallas Cowboys are probably one of the most popular/most watched teams in the NFL, yet, they do this? I find it odd. Why not broadcast on a station where the exposure would be fitting of the people who actually want to see this game...and not cater to people who only subscribe to the NFL network?

g$$
12-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Why would they do this? The Dallas Cowboys are probably one of the most popular/most watched teams in the NFL, yet, they do this? I find it odd. Why not broadcast on a station where the exposure would be fitting of the people who actually want to see this game...and not cater to people who only subscribe to the NFL network?

NFL is trying to force the hand of subscribers & the cable companies to get on board & add the channel. There has been disagreement as to what tier package & the amount charged (esp. with Time Warner). It is tied up in court right now.

NFL knows its audience & esp. for the Cowboys, so simple supply & demand. Sports bars will love Sat. night. The % of people in the US with NFL Network is very small overall.

g$$
12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Gulp...

Breathe....one, two, three....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I may actually agree with g$$ on something!

Not the 1st time, come on now!

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2008, 04:10 PM

Because the NFL owns the NFL Network.

So, the reason comes down to something like this:

$$$$$$$$$

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 04:16 PM
understood, that's a given.....but my thought is....it may not have the desired outcome/effect.

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2008, 04:20 PM
understood, that's a given.....but my thought is....it may not have the desired outcome/effect.

I guess it could, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see the NFL start putting more of the "must-see" games on the NFL Network...don't be surprised if next TV contract, they're the ones who get the "flex scheduling". They're the bully of American television. Outside of political programming, nothing draws anywhere near the crowd that a typical NFL game does. And as long as the people want more football, the NFL really has cable companies at it's mercy.

Look at Time Warner...they're made out to be the bad guys for not providing the network to all of their customers, but the NFL wants to charge more per customer than almost any other station does and the NFL wants the cable companies to just pass the cost onto the customer.

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I guess it could, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see the NFL start putting more of the "must-see" games on the NFL Network...don't be surprised if next TV contract, they're the ones who get the "flex scheduling". They're the bully of American television. Outside of political programming, nothing draws anywhere near the crowd that a typical NFL game does. And as long as the people want more football, the NFL really has cable companies at it's mercy.

Look at Time Warner...they're made out to be the bad guys for not providing the network to all of their customers, but the NFL wants to charge more per customer than almost any other station does and the NFL wants the cable companies to just pass the cost onto the customer. I agree...I'm sure they'll try....but forcing "must see" events to pay per view may not pan out for them....look what it's done to boxing. SURE....there are still die-hards that will pay for the fight...but as a whole...the sport is on life support.

g$$
12-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I agree...I'm sure they'll try....but forcing "must see" events to pay per view may not pan out for them....look what it's done to boxing. SURE....there are still die-hards that will pay for the fight...but as a whole...the sport is on life support.

When really good games are on the NFL Network, the NFL has the upper hand. I expect them to do it more next year too. Different than PPV & boxing. Football is not going anywhere but up.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2008, 04:29 PM
so, you didn't have a friend who you could watch the game with? yeah, about 7 miles(odem) and family in Sinton about 20 miles but i like watching the game at home and they like see the game on my TV. Last year i had it installed for under $75 and didnt have to committ to Dish Network. This year they put NFL network on a higher package $44(last year $32.99) and $50 activation fee. This year it was $99 unless i committed to them for 24 months so i gave in and now have same channels for Dish and Time Warner with the exception of NfL network. But Dish Network is HD so thats cool as i'm looking at it right now :) .

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah, about 7 miles(odem) and family in Sinton about 20 miles but i like watching the game at home and they like see the game on my TV. Last year i had it installed for under $75 and didnt have to committ to Dish Network. This year they put NFL network on a higher package $44(last year $32.99) and $50 activation fee. This year it was $99 unless i committed to them for 24 months so i gave in and now have same channels for Dish and Time Warner with the exception of NfL network. But Dish Network is HD so thats cool as i'm looking at it right now :) .

What would it cost you to break your contract with Time Warner? I'm guessing it would cost a lot less than paying to have their service for the next two years if you're getting the exact same channels on the dish.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
What would it cost you to break your contract with Time Warner? I'm guessing it would cost a lot less than paying to have their service for the next two years if you're getting the exact same channels on the dish. I been with Time Warner for about 3 years so i think we are on month to month, but i like high speed internet Road Runner, its crazy i know i already heard it from my wife :)

piratebg
12-19-2008, 04:39 PM
I love my Direct TV with my NFL Network and NFL Sunday Ticket. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I love my Direct TV with my NFL Network and NFL Sunday Ticket. :D :mad: i want to get Direct TV again for baseball and football but cant get it here in Calallen!

piratebg
12-19-2008, 04:41 PM
:mad: i want to get Direct TV again for baseball and football but cant get it here in Calallen!

Dish Network is good too, dont' get me wrong. I'm the kind of person that will switch from Dish to Direct every 2 years when my contract expires. It just depends who will give me the best deal. ;)

piratebg
12-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
NFL Network = piss poor production. Camera work is crap, commentators suck. All around poor......

The game coverage might not be as good as some of the other networks, but they have better overall coverage than ESPN. I start my day with NFL Total Access every morning.

blowfish
12-19-2008, 07:31 PM
I am a die hard Cowboys fan since I was a little kid. I will tell you how much of a fan I was, I actually went to the Scab games.

Having said all of that it irks me to no end to listen to people, including my wife, whine, gripe, and whatever else about how Jerry Jones has ruin the Cowboys.

First of all he has won Three, count them three, super bowls. We won a whoping 2 in all the years before him. And before you start talking about the thugs on the cowboys remember that under Landry we had cocaine users and dealers, at least two known pedophiles, and god only knows what else.

I love the cowboys and I live and die each week when they win and lose. Having said that there have only been a few that I would actually invite into my home. They are entertainment for me and my family, not role models, not heroes, and certainly not people I would want me kids to grow up and be like.

Sorry to vent ....

Merry Christmas everyone and come watch the game at my house.

GetRDoneStangs
12-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I am a die hard Cowboys fan since I was a little kid. I will tell you how much of a fan I was, I actually went to the Scab games.

Having said all of that it irks me to no end to listen to people, including my wife, whine, gripe, and whatever else about how Jerry Jones has ruin the Cowboys.

First of all he has won Three, count them three, super bowls. We won a whoping 2 in all the years before him. And before you start talking about the thugs on the cowboys remember that under Landry we had cocaine users and dealers, at least two known pedophiles, and god only knows what else.

I love the cowboys and I live and die each week when they win and lose. Having said that there have only been a few that I would actually invite into my home. They are entertainment for me and my family, not role models, not heroes, and certainly not people I would want me kids to grow up and be like.

Sorry to vent ....

Nice post.....I feel the same way!!!

:2thumbsup :thumbsup: :2thumbsup

slpybear the bullfan
12-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I agree as well. We seem to certainly have a "better than I used to be" attitude about the Cowboys of the 70s. The fact was they had drug issues, problem players, and were hated for some of the same junk people hate on Jerry... accused of spending too much on team, skimpy cheerleaders, etc.

I think Jerry has made his fair share of mistakes. But is way more on the plus side than the minus side... and he is not afraid to admit his mistakes to boot.

I would love to have an owner like Jerry take over the Rangers.

Originally posted by blowfish

Sorry to vent ....

scrub c
12-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

I agree with the commentators part... they do SUCK!!! Its like the jv of commentators...